Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Moonkins, why not?

Why can't moonkins ride and have to switch to normal form to mount? On questmobs it works just fine - why the limitation?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

God, I want so bad, to ride my Mechanostrider in Moonkin form...

10+ Year Old Account
    And why can't cats and bears?
    English is not my mainspec!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cats and Bears no they arent even humanoids. Moonkin i can see it being alright minus obvious pvp issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpug View Post
    It's too op
    ^ this

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary_Zer0 View Post
    Cats and Bears no they arent even humanoids. Moonkin i can see it being alright minus obvious pvp issues
    I don't even see how it could be a Pvp issue... Can still be Sapped and CCd. What pvp issue would arise?

I think the poster is referring to the need to swap out of moonkin form to mount ... that seems to be occurring ever since 4.03.
    My guess is it is a bug ... I have been meaning to figure out if I can make a cancel form macro to deal with it.

probably have something to do with polymorph immunity, everything other is just copy of shadow priest ...

Deleted
    its annoying that we have to change form to be able 2 mount just a normal ground mount... same when u have to leave a hc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wupti View Post
    its annoying that we have to change form to be able 2 mount just a normal ground mount... same when u have to leave a hc
    Macro:

/cancelform
    /cast [nomounted,flyable] Flight Form

in current conditions, if moonkins were to be able to use their mounts without shifting back to caster form, then we could also use bear/cat/flying form which would be... odd.

since shapeshifts are meant to be mutually exclusive (ie you can only use one at most at a time) just like stances, they probably can't change the ability "type" (shapeshift to stance for example) without changing them all at the same time, which could then potentially allow the bear/cat/flying on mounts (stance/presence change is allowed while on a mount).

all this to say, doubt that'll ever happen. and some addons make you automatically shift you out when using a mount spell anyway.

warriors don't have to drop stance, shadow priests don't need to go to regular form, paladins retain auras, why do we have to take a bit of a mana/ cast penalty?

that is the question

edit: also, why can't we sit down in things

Quote Originally Posted by geraldford View Post
    warriors don't have to drop stance, shadow priests don't need to go to regular form, paladins retain auras, why do we have to take a bit of a mana/ cast penalty?

that is the question

edit: also, why can't we sit down in things
    shadowform is considered as a stance i believe, and auras are... well, auras.
    stance and auras don't change the user aspect, shapeshifts do, pretty much sums it up.

Shadowform

Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 15%, reducing all damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form.

Moonkin form

Shapeshift into Moonkin Form. While in this form your Arcane and Nature spell damage is increased by 10%, the armor contribution from items is increased by 120%, and grants 5% spell haste to all nearby friendly and raid targets within 100 yards. The Moonkin can not cast healing or resurrection spells while shapeshifted.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Movement Impairing effects.

Seems pretty similar to me these days..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary_Zer0 View Post
    Shadow Priest would like a word with you.

Also, slightly offtopic, but can warlocks mount up while in demon form?

Quote Originally Posted by geraldford View Post
    Shadowform

Assume a Shadowform, increasing your Shadow damage by 15%, reducing all damage done to you by 15%, and increasing all party and raid members spell haste by 5%. However, you may not cast Holy spells while in this form.

Moonkin form

Shapeshift into Moonkin Form. While in this form your Arcane and Nature spell damage is increased by 10%, the armor contribution from items is increased by 120%, and grants 5% spell haste to all nearby friendly and raid targets within 100 yards. The Moonkin can not cast healing or resurrection spells while shapeshifted.

The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Movement Impairing effects.

Seems pretty similar to me these days..........................
    already said everything i believe that imo could explain why there's no way moonkin can be used on mounts atm.
    can't force anyone to give it a little thought before throwing a copy paste of the abilities tooltips which i already know btw thanks.

not to mention :
    tooltips =/= actual ability mechanic

Well here is my 2 cents, moonkin form is humanoid, cat/bear are beast, so in that way moonkin form works for mounts, while cat/bear wouldnt. About demon form, its a cooldown, why would you be mounting with it up? Besides for the shits and giggles.

Maybe we just look too awesome on mounts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    I agree. Gief Moonkin @ Mount.

Btw, i am the only one that can't mount directly from Moonkin? Need to cancel it, and then mount. Works fine from cat and bear..