Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jwaller59 View Post
    I'm not whining at all about my Ban. I knew that I was running the risk of being banned but the fact that it was said in a blue post that they expected people to get in made it seem less of a serious thing to me. I took the risk and would happily do it again.

Comparing stuff in a virtual world to stuff in the real world such as stealing peoples cars? Things that are material and can be touched and cost people actual money to obtain. Unlike in game items? Yeah, cause streams of code that essentially make up an item cause the same amount of trauma and distress as having something like a car being stolen..... If they expected people to get in like they stated they shouldn't have been stupid enough to implement all the drops and ore's. That's just even more of a temptation for some people. Frankly I think nothing would have happened if it wasn't for some retarded DK that was in there with me sitting in trade for hours afterwards spamming trying to sell all the green's he'd recieved from Hyjal for like 400g each....
    Just because it isn't blocked off doesn't mean you shouldn't go there.
    Temptation maybe but consequences are made because of this, - Story of the boy and the hot pie cooling?

I think blizz do this just as a test, to see how long it takes people to crush and explore!
    How did you get caught over a DK that was sellings greens?

Also you got off easy, saying Blizzard isn't so nice - 48Hr is a "nice Gesture" of a warning, Are you going to go back again and hope you don't get caught again?
    Last edited by mmocf1a95161e8; 2010-11-26 at 01:15 AM.

if i were a gm i would of done the smae thing

Originally Posted by jwaller59 View Post
    Even though they said that they knew people would be entering into Hyjal they still slapped me with a 48 hour ban after only being in there for around 4 hours....

Would have been nice to have atleast recieved a warning .... Hope I get to keep the level 85 blue I found.....
    If I was a GM i would've permabanned you.

you knew what you was doing was wrong.

you deserved a permaban.

be thankful that they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jwaller59 View Post
    Don't understand why people are so hostile about this really and saying I should have been perma banned. I didn't do anything to get one up over other players. I was curious as to what was in there as I never got Beta. Yeah I farmed for a few hours but drops where nice. Worth it and people complaining should have done it themselves really.

As people have stated before why not just lock it out completely? That would have been the smart thing to do. Or even better, Don't put any of the nodes or mobs in. Just make it so you can look at it. That way there is nothing to gain from going in there other than stunning visuals. And they did fix the no mans land bug. Weird thing was they fixed it whilst I was still in there. I actually only found out I got banned about an hour ago so I'm surprised they didn't just ban me whilst I was still in Hyjal.

"didn't do anything to get one up over other players"
    "farmed for 4 hours"

Had you simply gotten in and looked around, nothing would have happened. You intentionally stayed, farmed, and got an achievement. Therefore what you got was very light. Instead of bashing blizzard, thank them for not being hard on you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I let this go on long enough.

It's very very simple.. You break Blizzards rules they ban you. There was no injustice involved here.

[Locked] Flamebait if anything.. I don't feel like having a bunch of people banned for insulting someone who got banned for exploiting.