Owning myself? I wasn't trying to prove your point or disprove it. What i WAS proving is you came in with nothing backing up your claim, making you look foolish.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Thanks for proving my point, almost all of those fans on that list are either more expensive or around the same price as the Thermaltake Frio, not less. Notice how it was #3 for AMD and #5 for Intel when it comes to temperatures and yet you dismiss it as being bad? Good job owning yourself, I said it was a great cooler for the money and when it comes to cooling, it got rated better then the Noctua NH-D14 which costs 30 dollars more.
    /facepalm

I don't know what to say. You obviously have already made your mind up about (wrongly) thinking the Frio is some sort of God's Gift to Cooling.
    The Frio is more expensive and doesn't cool as good as the Noctua NH-D14. It's alright. But nothing stellar, like you make it up to be.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Wow, 4Ghz on a 1055T. Yeah. Dude, i managed 4.34Ghz on a 1055T before on VERY low end water, but i'm 100% sure a mid to top end air cooler would have done just as well if not better. Hell, my Zalman 9900 MAX would have been excellent to have had when i was still on my 1055T.

4.5Ghz on a 2600K is also nothing, and a good many chips can do that at 1.32V easily. Even the bad ones can do it with 1.35V. It's when you get to 4.7Ghz that it starts to burn a little on the voltage, at least for a good portion of chips (mmmm... portion of chips..... *drool*).

As such, i therefore agree with Cyanotical's post above. £600-1100 cooling systems on £2500-5000 rigs (dependent on who's you look at over here) compared with what? A £650 system, at best? We wouldn't shun you for such a system, but we will shun you for having such an attitude towards the regulars.
    You do know that MOST people can't push the 1055T further then 4.1Ghz on air right? In fact 4Ghz is actually the average OC rate of users who submitted to the Overclock.net 1055T Owners Club their top clock speeds. It's not a Black Edition processor, it's not designed for overclocking and you sure as hell can't push 4.7Ghz on any air cooler on the market with that processor. I love it how you have some high and mighty attitude toward people, I guess you are just another elitist douche who thinks he is cool cause he has money to burn on an expensive computer and likes to waste money on water cooling rather then being practical. Enjoy buying hardware all the time that just becomes obsolete, I will continue playing my computer games at high resolutions without feeling the need to upgrade something every 3 months. I suggest you just shove it and stow the attitude too, people like you are the reason why people hate PC gamers.

Mod Warning: Watch the language/attitude.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-22 at 02:41 PM.

I suggest you just shove it and stow the attitude too, people like you are the reason why people hate PC gamers.
    The same can be said about you It's one thing to have an opinion, but it's another to think it's the "best and only" option with no facts to back that claim up. (and anecdotal claims don't count, needs facts, from a report/article/benchmark test)
    (these new smilies are dumb.)
    Last edited by Adappy; 2011-08-22 at 02:19 AM.

Oi, yet another person who doesn't truly understand what elitist means.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    /facepalm

I don't know what to say. You obviously have already made your mind up about (wrongly) thinking the Frio is some sort of God's Gift to Cooling.
    The Frio is more expensive and doesn't cool as good as the Noctua NH-D14. It's alright. But nothing stellar, like you make it up to be.
    Wrong!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835608018 - Noctua NH-D14 = 85.14
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106150 - Thermaltake Frio = 57.99

I was right, you are wrong now shut the fuck up and stop arguing with me. Your own link disproves your own opinion that the Noctua is a better cooler seeing as how it was only better then the Frio for COOLING on Intel chips, while the Frio was better at cooling AMD chips, but also placed higher on the AMD list then the Noctua did on the Intel list. So which cooler is better is subject to whichever processor brand you choose to use. But even for Intel the Frio is a great cooler regardless, it's only drawback is the noise but if you are overclocking on a fan, noise is usually the least of your worries.

[User has received an infraction for this post. Disagree without the trolling/flaming. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-08-22 at 02:40 AM.

I was right, you are wrong now shut the fuck up and stop arguing with me.
    If anything, THIS is the elitist comment.

Your own link disproves your own opinion that the Noctua is a better cooler seeing as how it was only better then the Frio for COOLING on Intel chips, while the Frio was better at cooling AMD chips, but also placed higher on the AMD list then the Noctua did on the Intel list. So which cooler is better is subject to whichever processor brand you choose to use. But even for Intel the Frio is a great cooler regardless, it's only drawback is the noise but if you are overclocking on a fan, noise is usually the least of your worries.
    His link? "I" posted that link, doing your work for you in backing up your statement. Before I looked up the list I wasn't sure which was better or not, just that making a claim the way you did requires you, yes YOU, bring the research and/or info.

Wrong!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835608018 - Noctua NH-D14 = 85.14
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106150 - Thermaltake Frio = 57.99

I was right, you are wrong now shut the fuck up and stop arguing with me. Your own link disproves your own opinion that the Noctua is a better cooler seeing as how it was only better then the Frio for COOLING on Intel chips, while the Frio was better at cooling AMD chips, but also placed higher on the AMD list then the Noctua did on the Intel list. So which cooler is better is subject to whichever processor brand you choose to use. But even for Intel the Frio is a great cooler regardless, it's only drawback is the noise but if you are overclocking on a fan, noise is usually the least of your worries.
    It being correct in your country doesn't make it a universal truth. There's a whole world outside of the Americas.

Your attitude needs even more work than your grammar.
    My computer is nigh on soundless. I've pushed my CPU further than +50% of its stock settings. At those temperatures, not only would the Frio be less effective than the NH-D14 (whom gets better and better the more heat you feed it), it would also not be bearable.

Now, have another report.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    calling people "bads" when a lot of us have cooling systems that cost more then your whole computer, is not the best thing to do
    It was a joke for crying out loud. I guess your sarcasm detector is broken.

Guess my ability to detect a person's demeanor, facial expressions, tone of voice and the like to determine sarcasm, over the internet, is busted... K

A joke to one is not necessarily a joke to all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a joke for crying out loud. I guess your sarcasm detector is broken.
    mine is broken? you're being torn apart and don't even realize it

Deleted
    You do know that MOST people can't push the 1055T further then 4.1Ghz on air right? In fact 4Ghz is actually the average OC rate of users who submitted to the Overclock.net 1055T Owners Club their top clock speeds. It's not a Black Edition processor, it's not designed for overclocking and you sure as hell can't push 4.7Ghz on any air cooler on the market with that processor. I love it how you have some high and mighty attitude toward people, I guess you are just another elitist douche who thinks he is cool cause he has money to burn on an expensive computer and likes to waste money on water cooling rather then being practical. Enjoy buying hardware all the time that just becomes obsolete, I will continue playing my computer games at high resolutions without feeling the need to upgrade something every 3 months. I suggest you just shove it and stow the attitude too, people like you are the reason why people hate PC gamers.
    It's a hobby.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all,

This has been the one thread I have read from start to finish and check a few times a day for new posts, love it, love the info, and the pics. I ordered all of my parts for my FIRST EVER build and they should be arriving today and tomorrow.

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 advanced blue edition
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P
    CPU: Intel i5-2400 Sandy Bridge
    Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws 2 x 4GB
    PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M600, Modular 600W
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 570
    Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
    Monitor: ASUS VH242H 23.6in
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Mouse: some old wireless logitech which will be getting an upgrade.

Pics to come after I build it, hopefully Wednesday.
    Also, please, any thoughts or advice on the build are more then wanted.

How safely should I be able to OC my msi 560ti twin frozr? I know I see 950Mhz and 1kMhz thrown around a lot. From what I think I understand the highest I can clock it to w/o changing voltages is 950 is that correct? That's for the core clock, not certain on the memory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkela View Post
    How safely should I be able to OC my msi 560ti twin frozr? I know I see 950Mhz and 1kMhz thrown around a lot. From what I think I understand the highest I can clock it to w/o changing voltages is 950 is that correct? That's for the core clock, not certain on the memory.
    Depends on the individual chip a lot. I can't get mine above 930Mhz without changing the voltage. Or well, I can, but it will crash in almost any game if I do. I'd recommend going with small steps (start with maybe 10-20Mhz gains, then move to smaller 2-5Mhz) and check for stability after each change.
    Edit: as always, don't OC if you aren't aware of the risks: fried card, artifacts, shorter life, damage. Remember, if you don't have the cash to replace the card you should be very careful and think twice before attempting a OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt newegg.com push 5.2 Ghz on air? 2600K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Didnt newegg.com push 5.2 Ghz on air? 2600K
    Don't know about newegg but I found this: http://hwbot.org/community/submissio...0k_5774.44_mhz
    (Article: http://www.nordichardware.com/news/7...hz-on-air.html)
    That is a 5.7Ghz OC on air with a 2600k.

10+ Year Old Account
    4.8ghz+ = standard chip
    5.2ghz+ = silver chip
    5.5ghz+ = golden chip

Raw clock speeds are nice and all but the voltages you'll need and temperatures you'll see will vary GREATLY. Check out the i5 2500k overclocking thread in OCN and take a look at the compiled table of clocks and voltages...there's some pretty huge disparities there.
    I'm sure EVERY chip is capable of 5ghz+...it's just that some of them will require 1.5v+ and will hit the 80c+ mark with even the best air coolers, which is not desirable.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Guess you guys missed the part where he said not many have pushed that specific processor (1055T) past 4.1GHz on air.

New system on the way. I've ordered my last 2 from Cyberpower instead of building myself. Especially with the custom water cooling unit, I'd rather have them build it and warranty it in case something fails. Basically spending an additional couple hundred bucks to have them build it for the warranty. Yes, several pieces are overkill, but I do a lot of other things on my system than just gaming.

Case: Coolermaster HAF-X Full Tower
    Cooling: Cyberpower 360mm 3x Fan Liquid Cooling (Will buy the heat sinks for the GPU's separately, does not come stock)
    CPU: i7-2600K 3.40 GHz (Will OC it later)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 HD 2.5GB x2 SLI (Major overkill...I love it)
    Hard Drive: Intel 320 (Hopefully without the bug) 120GB SSD; 1TB SATA-III Data Drive
    Power: 1000 W CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gaming 80 Plus

Should arrive later this week to replace my 2 1/2 year old i7 920 which is finally starting to have major issues, sad to say.... I'll post pics when it arrives.