The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgand View Post
    So i decided to post again with pics this time.

Case: Sunbeam Transformer Full tower ( It fits all of my components, and I have been very impressed with the airflow, however I did have to replace the stock 80mm fans, so damned loud)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811166004

CPU: i7 2600k, currently overclocked 100% stable at 4.2Ghz, I toyed with 5.0Ghz, but never found a completely stable overclock

Memory: 2x4GB Ripjaw X series 2133 Mhz ram running at 2133Mhz 11-11-11-30 2t
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231468

Graphics: Powercolor 6970 2GB (I would have liked to buy the XFX card, but they are always out of stock, after having a powercolor 3850 and 4870 I decided to go with a damned stable brand imho)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131391

PSU: OCZ 700W High performance power supply (Reviews were good, and build quality is very nice)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817341018

Motherboard: Asus P8P67-Pro revision b3

SSD: OCZ agility 2 120GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227593

CPU cooler: Corsair a70 (Good GOD this thing is huge and AMAZING)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835181011

HDD: 2x1TB Western Digital Black Edition sata 3.0 running a 200GB short stripe and ~1700 GB long stripe (Sadly the access times may be less, but the short stripe compares to the agility 2 in all other aspects)

Currently only running a 19" LG monitor, and a 17" Samsung monitor. The next step is purching a set of three
    22"+monitors and going eyefinity.

Speakers: Logitech 2.1 Z632
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16836121048

Mouse: Razer Naga

Keyboard: Microsoft sidewinder x4
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109191

Set of Able planet headphones for when the wife wants it silent
    http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Sound-C...5701534&sr=8-3
    I have the same case, the only difference is my is all blue and I also had to replace stock 80mm fans, loud as hell, but i dropped it some red, green and blue colors, nice look. The case is sooo spacious... I love it. I think at the time i paid like $40 for it The only bad things about it is that my door broke so they fall out when i open them, but i think most of the reviews i read had the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Same map, same mode. I do doubt it'll be the same unpolished state. Don't worry, both the 560 Ti and 580 will likely handle it at medium and up, and it WILL be eyecandy, even there.
    That's good to hear. I wonder what the difference between max settings & medium will be... The game looks fantastic already.

After reading that tom's hardware article I think I'm safe with going SLI 560tis and when I build my next machine I can get whatever is the top then. I'll have my own money with my college education finished by then.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea, no matter how comfortable they can be, the thought of being forced to wear noise-dampening phones just to be able to sit by the computer.

My computer, while not silent anymore, is near-silent. (Damn you Noctua NH-D14 for ruining my quiet PC!)
    It's very tolerable, and if I run all the fans on lowest RPM, I barely hear it still, meaning I can sleep next to it and hear cats two houses away as louder than my comp.
    Absolutely quietest conventional cooler you will find for it's performance level though. If you aren't overclocked it should barely be at awareness level even if you are listening for it.

Quote Originally Posted by the1skate View Post
    Absolutely quietest conventional cooler you will find for it's performance level though. If you aren't overclocked it should barely be at awareness level even if you are listening for it.
    Silly to downclock just for sleep :>
    But while the NH-D14 is tolerable, it isn't as quiet as the one I had before. But you are correct in that the old one probably won't come close to the NH-D14, although 4.2 winter and 4.0 summer and not failing on temps on a Lynnfield is respectable.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    I've been toying around with the idea of getting the Asus Sabertooth P67, seems like a really nice board. What are your thoughts on it ? You tried installing the additional 50 mm down blowing fan and if so you think its necessary or not ?
    My personal cutoff nowadays is 100mm fans, I used to have a couple 80mm fans on my old computer case.... that size SCREAMS.

You don't want to hear a 50mm fan. >_< I haven't, but I can only imagine the pain it would cause. =/ I've never heard anyone suggest one of those little down-blowers. Just get a chunk of copper-style heatsink for that if you really want to.

---------- Post added 2011-09-23 at 12:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    That's good to hear. I wonder what the difference between max settings & medium will be... The game looks fantastic already.

After reading that tom's hardware article I think I'm safe with going SLI 560tis and when I build my next machine I can get whatever is the top then. I'll have my own money with my college education finished by then.
    I'm imagining the difference between both being fairly staggering actually. Compare the difference in WoW from medium to max-ultra. It's insane. View distance, shadows, water quality, AAx16, these things make a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference, trust me on that!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the rest of the parts (Minus the GPU) this next Monday. Sadly my MoBo doesn't have any VGA or DVI ports so I have to wait until I get my GPU to actually use it >_<
    i've bought like 10grand in parts over the years and i sware i got enough monitor adapters that im set even if i dont have the right connection rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    My personal cutoff nowadays is 100mm fans, I used to have a couple 80mm fans on my old computer case.... that size SCREAMS.

You don't want to hear a 50mm fan. >_< I haven't, but I can only imagine the pain it would cause. =/ I've never heard anyone suggest one of those little down-blowers. Just get a chunk of copper-style heatsink for that if you really want to.

I'm imagining the difference between both being fairly staggering actually. Compare the difference in WoW from medium to max-ultra. It's insane. View distance, shadows, water quality, AAx16, these things make a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference, trust me on that!
    The 50 mm fan goes on a select area of that specific mobo, its just above pci-e slot, between that and the cpu housing, it blow airs down in to the thermal armour to move cool air underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post

This is my first "gaming PC." I usually played WoW on Low or Med. (I quit WoW in Feb)

15+ Year Old Account
    The 50 mm fan goes on a select area of that specific mobo, its just above pci-e slot, between that and the cpu housing, it blow airs down in to the thermal armour to move cool air underneath.
    so long as it's less than 500 RPM, I wouldn't mind. 50mm fans SCREAM. I don't want anything under 120 anywhere in my case except on my heatsink if necessary and my gpu if necessary because those can be throttled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    so long as it's less than 500 RPM, I wouldn't mind. 50mm fans SCREAM. I don't want anything under 120 anywhere in my case except on my heatsink if necessary and my gpu if necessary because those can be throttled.
    The 50 or so mm fan on my fusion board only gives away a small humming sound, and that's at 4500rpm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I couldn't remember if it was that or like a Northbridge, but I should know there's no Northbridge. Or w.e they're called. O.o I still stand by not suggesting getting it. The amount of sound one of those will put out you'd notice like night and day when it's in the case or not. Alas, we can wait for Xuvial's response, but I'm sure he'll agree with me..... /cocks rifle
    "A flower.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Silly to downclock just for sleep :>
    But while the NH-D14 is tolerable, it isn't as quiet as the one I had before. But you are correct in that the old one probably won't come close to the NH-D14, although 4.2 winter and 4.0 summer and not failing on temps on a Lynnfield is respectable.
    Didn't read your sig before I posted that. 4.2 in winter huh. That is a pretty nice bump.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Tbf i thought it was a bit odd, but thats what ASUS suggest you use with that specific mobo (although they dont actually supply it with one) reason being the thermal armour it has can actually get hot unless cool air is being forced down inside it. Saw a few videos where people took the thermal armour off and got better temp results than when the armour was on with no down-blowing fan. And cooler temps still, with armour on AND a down-blowing fan. Either way was just looking to see if the guy with that mobo had any issues with it

EDIT: I'd rather not have the fan ( I didnt make that clear) hence why i asked

10+ Year Old Account
    99.999% of Sabertooth owners (including me) don't bother with the fan. It does NOT get hot under the thermal armor, one thing the Sabertooth has is lots of sensors all over the place. the PCB and chipset temperatures are all fairly cool, below 30c at all times. The standard airflow in all cases is enough to let some air slip under the thermal armor from the sides, so the Sabertooth's PCB is really only a few degrees hotter than a typical open motherboard - so yes, they completely failed with the idea...but I'm more than happy to trade a few degrees for a totally badass look.

Btw people here know the armor is fully removable right? Underneath you'll find a fully black/brown PCB:

Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-09-23 at 01:40 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    The other .001% of Sabertooth users try it once, then hear how bloody loud it is...
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    There must be a way to turn down the voltage supplied to the 50mm fan.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

27" iMac
    3.4GHz quad-core i7
    16GB RAM
    1TB SATA
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5

Razer Anansi Mac Keyboard
    Razer Naga Epic Mouse
    Razer Megalodon Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Pronaos View Post
    27" iMac
    3.4GHz quad-core i7
    16GB RAM
    1TB SATA
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5

Razer Anansi Mac Keyboard
    Razer Naga Epic Mouse
    Razer Megalodon Headphones
    iMac =\

Also, that RAM is beyond overkill

iMac =\

Also, that RAM is beyond overkill
    Many people who buy Apple-computers are into artsy stuff, and need to render a lot.
    The i7 and the RAM fits this perfectly.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    WTB More Pictures! Tired of coming into the thread hoping for pictures and I get walls of words!