15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Someone is trying to be difficult. ;P

I love how you have the PS3 sitting down there.... definitely looks like it is used for F@H and absolutely nothing else. XD
    I've been using it for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon!

It's not like the bluetooth signal is being degraded when it's there.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3)
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz
    Graphicscard: MSI GeForce GTX560 Ti TWIN FROZR II
    RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x4)
    PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-620 620W ...yeah I know.. non modular
    HDD: Samsung spinpoint F3 1tb + another HDD I haven't plugged in which is about 750 gb
    Case: CM Storm Scout Black
    Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
    Mouse: Razer Naga
    Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Omega.. Gonna go for the extended in the near future.. this one is simply just too small lol
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa
    Headset: Steelseries 5h v2 .. however it's a little broken... Gonna get a Razer Carcharias instead this week.
    Cable management thingy: Razer Armadillo 2

and honestly don't know about speakers and monitor.. bought that ages ago :b

Pictures might be a little crap due to the fact that its taken from my phone which isnt the greatest for taking pictures...

Deleted
    I love that thermal armor thing on the motherboard Xuvial. I always thought it looked crappy when I saw the motherboard standalone, but with everything mounted and cables nicely routed, it really shines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueFW View Post
    HDD: Samsung spinpoint F3 1tb + another HDD I haven't plugged in which is about 750 gb
    Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Omega.. Gonna go for the extended in the near future.. this one is simply just too small lol
    Headset: Steelseries 5h v2 .. however it's a little broken... Gonna get a Razer Carcharias instead this week.

Pictures might be a little crap due to the fact that its taken from my phone which isnt the greatest for taking pictures...

<snip>
    Oh, Scout is a lot bigger on the inside than I thought o_O
    I thought they had cut out a lot of space due to the amount of metal on the outsides of the case (feet, handles, etc) but that's roomy enough

@Delt, and your pics are making me seriously consider getting another monitor considering the stupid amount of alt-tabbing I have to do between games/forums...except I have no idea what to get. My 120hz 1680x1050 is a bit unique so it's pointless trying to match it (also who wants to browse forums at 120hz?), but then a typical 1080p 60hz will make my 120hz look tiny and first thing friends will ask me is "err y u gaming on the smaller screen?".
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    xuvial, that looks awesome, although, personally i would go with something like a CM V6 heatsink and swap out the red LED fans for a blue ones, it would match the rest of the interior better

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw thanks <3

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueFW View Post

<snip>
    Yay another Goliathus owner! Sucks about the size but they're pretty smooth right!
    Glad I bought the right size for me

Also Scout is a lot bigger on the inside than I thought. From outside it looks like they cut out a lot of space due to the amount of metal on the outsides of the case (feet, handles, etc) but that's roomy enough.

@Delt, and your pics are making me seriously consider getting another monitor considering the stupid amount of alt-tabbing I have to do between games/forums :P (cute dog btw)

But I have no idea what to get. It's pointless trying to find a match for my 120hz 1680x1050 (who wants to browse forums at 120hz?), but then a typical 1080p 60hz will make my 120hz look rather small and first thing friends will ask me is "err y u gaming on the smaller screen?".
    Another worry is can the GPU display 120hz and 60hz at the same time? There's only one setting.

That's a pretty nice setup there! Try and get us some pictures, it probably looks awesome!

Btw, love the avatar, That 70's Show is my current tv obsession. lol
    It looks surprisingly not awesome! I need more lighting, for one. And I need better cable management. Gonna get some more lights in the future, and fix the cables when I have time. (And remember to do so.)
    Last edited by Phoenixdown; 2011-11-06 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    Case: CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advance
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V, Intel Z68
    Power Supply: Corsair HX 850W Modular Power Supply
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.8Ghz
    CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus with 2 120mm Fans
    Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black LP 1600Mhz
    Graphics Card 1: XFX Radeon HD6970 2GB
    Graphics Card 2: XFX Radeon HD6970 2GB
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM SATA 3
    SSD: Corsair Force 3 60GB (Sort of, it's just been RMA'ed after it failed)

External Hardware:
    Keyboard: Logitech Multimedia Keyboard (Replacing this soon, probs with G19)
    Mouse: Logitech MX518
    Headset: Logitech [something...]
    Speakers: Sony Bravia through HDMI
    Monitor 1: 23" Belinea LCD Display
    Monitor 2: 25" Sony Bravia LCD TV

Pictures are from when I first set it up, tidied the wires, replaced the 230mm fans on the side and top with 7x 120mm fans (4 on side, 3 on top) and added a second 120mm to the Heatsink.

Last edited by mmoc294ed7b9d9; 2011-11-06 at 09:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Another worry is can the GPU display 120hz and 60hz at the same time? There's only one setting.
    From what I understand of it, the GPU doesn't have anything to do with the refresh rate.

If the game you're playing is getting 60+ FPS, then those frames will show on the 120Hz screen, but not on the other. Just like when you turn off VSync, WoW/any other game reports 200+ FPS when staring at a wall, but only 60 get shown by the monitor.

You've got some gear there I'm not familiar with. Are those pedals for a guitar/keyboard? And some kind of a receiver/converter beside them?
    They're guitar pedals

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    A
    @Delt, and your pics are making me seriously consider getting another monitor considering the stupid amount of alt-tabbing I have to do between games/forums :P (cute dog btw)

But I have no idea what to get. It's pointless trying to find a match for my 120hz 1680x1050 (who wants to browse forums at 120hz?), but then a typical 1080p 60hz will make my 120hz look rather small and first thing friends will ask me is "err y u gaming on the smaller screen?".
    I have the same problem, pairing a TN panel with my IPS panel irritates me. Not to mention the standard stubby stands most monitors get are far worse than the base the Dell Ultrasharps have.

A friend of mine got the 30" Dell Ultrasharp the other day... SOOOOO tempted to get one but damn is it expensive...
    red panda red panda red panda!

MSI P67A-G43
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz
    Noctua NH-D14
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6850(will be going Crossfire soon)
    Corsair AX750
    Crucial M4 64GB/WD Black 1TB/WD Blue 500GB
    Gelid wing and Silverstone AP121 fans

That's the 650D, innit?

Yeah that's the 650D, I used a dremel to cut a front mesh I ordered from Corsair and mounted it to bring cool air to my D14's fan.

Neat. Wish I was savvy on this stuff; sadly, I don't even know where to begin with finding a proper dremel.

10+ Year Old Account
    That setup would indeed kick ass with CF 6850's, nice build

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    xuvial, that looks awesome, although, personally i would go with something like a CM V6 heatsink and swap out the red LED fans for a blue ones, it would match the rest of the interior better
    Replacing the Megaflows/Sickleflows would cost like $50 alone (which translates to a whopping NZ$100-120), then a V6GT which would run like 1-3c cooler than Hyper212...and I'm not really a red guy...YOUR IDEA HAS BEEN DECLINED

That setup would indeed kick ass with CF 6850's, nice build

Replacing the Megaflows/Sickleflows would cost like $50 alone (which translates to a whopping NZ$100-120), then a V6GT which would run like 1-3c cooler than Hyper212...and I'm not really a red guy...YOUR IDEA HAS BEEN DECLINED
    I think he just meant purchasing a v6 and replacing the red fan with two blue to compliment the rest of your rig

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I have the same problem, pairing a TN panel with my IPS panel irritates me. Not to mention the standard stubby stands most monitors get are far worse than the base the Dell Ultrasharps have.

A friend of mine got the 30" Dell Ultrasharp the other day... SOOOOO tempted to get one but damn is it expensive...
    Can't be as expensive as the 27 inch Apple monitor. Also, if you are looking at a large format display for a desktop, check out Hanns G. A friend of mine has a 28 inch 1080p monitor by them and the picture quality is pretty damn good I must admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Can't be as expensive as the 27 inch Apple monitor. Also, if you are looking at a large format display for a desktop, check out Hanns G. A friend of mine has a 28 inch 1080p monitor by them and the picture quality is pretty damn good I must admit.
    Only 1080p at 28 inches? Sounds terrible. And the 30" Ultrasharp is more expensive than the 27" Cinema Display.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC007LL/A

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...n&sku=224-9949

The U3011 is $1299.