Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    Imo anything after 60+ Isint noticable. I fluctuate around 250-400 in 5mans and if my little UI notification wouldent be telling me that, I wouldent have noticed. But this is WoW and it could be run on a toaster, so I have higher plans of spending moar cash to try new games. BRB bulletstorm and bankrupcy
    As above - Bullshit are you peaking at 400FPS in 5 mans unless your running < 800x600

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Q6600 2.4ghz
    8 gb sector 5 ram
    1 gb ati 5670

Shes gettin old, but still runs wow and most other games at 30-60 so i'm happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkins View Post

Q6600 2.4ghz
    8 gb sector 5 ram
    1 gb ati 5670

Shes gettin old, but still runs wow and most other games at 30-60 so i'm happy.
    Cable management kiddo. >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    http://www.shardsofcendaran.com/Battlestation.jpg

The only thing I'm really upset about with this setup, is the loose cords everywhere.

Either way...

CPU: Phenom 2 965
    RAM: 8GB DDR2
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6950
    HDD: 80GB(for base OS and core programs) + 250 GB(For media) + 1TB(for games and work)
    Monitor: Triple Acer 23 inch
    Mouse: Logitech cordless trackman
    Keyboard: Logitech illuminated keyboard
    I swear, you just fuckin made me tear up for a sec there. I have the same exact monitors that you ahve, but I only have one. I have been pondering a purchase of 2 more if I can get my 2nd 470. You are my idol!

What are you using to hold em up though? The stands I was looking at online, were like, 300+

I will post my set up tonight.

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I fluctuate around 220 in 5-mans and indoor 10-man raids, and around 140 in combat indoors (or around 65 outdoors/Tol'Barad) on my system at 1920x1080 at absolute max. Link can be found in my sig, but for reference and a more up to date revision of clocks;
    - i7 2600K 4.5Ghz
    - 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz @ 10-12-10-30
    - GTX580 at Stock
    - Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
    - 240GB Vertex II SSD + RAID0 with 4 HDD's (total space 3TB, will be upgrading this to 8TB soon)

In essence, mine is a souped up version of yours. There's no way you're getting 400 FPS.

Just to add to this, piccies as i meant to add in ages ago;

Click for fullsize.
    Ignore the cables that seem to be there for no reason, they're there ready to hook up the second 580. All the fans are hooked up to an 8-channel fan controller that's split into 2 controllable areas. One part is for the fans at the top and the back, the other is for CPU, HDD Fans, and the mid-chamber fan. If i switch the case fans off, the noise level plummets. I can turn them all down individually, and the overall noise then is negligable when they're at min. Maxed out, they're very loud, but provide excellent cooling to the whole of the system. Some would say the cooling is excessive, but i simply maintain that it means i can absolutely rule out heat being an issue.
    Is that a 800D case? If so, how are your temps while air cooling? From what I read, everything chokes for air in the 800. But reading your stuff about the noise level seems you got it figured out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my current setup:

Case: Coolermaster Cosmos RC-1000
    MB: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    CPU: AMD 1090t
    RAM: 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
    Video: Sapphire HD6870

most current: redid the water cooling with new hosing and fluid:

and my next build:

Case: Corsair 800d
    MB: Asus Rampage III Formula
    CPU: Intel i7 990x
    RAM: 24 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
    Video: two EVGA GTX-590
    the whole thing will be water cooled: cpu, mb, video, and using a FrozenQ double helix reservior
    as well as white single braid sleeving

atm im just waiting on the two video cards, tigerdirect has them on backorder and wont ship them out till may

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Is that a 800D case? If so, how are your temps while air cooling? From what I read, everything chokes for air in the 800. But reading your stuff about the noise level seems you got it figured out.
    It is an 800D. I'm curious how well it works, cause it looks so much nicer than the HAF series...

Good god is it ever expensive though...

Anyway, I'm reposting my setup since it changed... even though the desk organization has not!

i5 2500K @ 4.6 w/ AC Freezer 7 Pro Rev2.
    MSI P67A-G43.
    2x2GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 (bumping up to 2x4GB G.Skill 1.25v Sniper stuff next month).
    XFX Radeon HD 6870.
    2x 640GB WD Caviar Black.
    OCZ Vertex 2 60GB.
    Creative SB X-Fi that's been in 4 different systems so far.
    Corsair HX750.
    Obvious Antec900 with geeky vinyl applications on it giving it an awesome system name and registry number.
    ---
    Trusty Razer Deathadder that I love so very much.
    G15 that clashes with the blue everywhere else, and is wearing out.
    G13 I don't use for WoW, but everything else (Way too hard to break 6 year keyboard habits!).
    Samsung 2494BW 24" LCD, not LED backlit unfortunately.
    Crappy Altec Lansing speakers that have a distinct hum to them and are really annoying.
    Right above the keyboard is an SATA drive dock with a card reader, as well as a 1TB WD Elements portable sitting on top of it.
    PS3 which doesn't do much other than play BluRays, Netflix, and folding@home.
    HTC Desire Z that I forgot to press stop on the music player after I got home earlier.

And most importantly... ANGRY BIRDS!!!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Jones Soda FTW! And nice monitor stand. Also what brand is the SATA dock there, looks similar to mine.

Also, did you get the cable holders that are on your wall at thinkgeek? As that's the only place i've seen them personally.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Jones Soda FTW! And nice monitor stand. Also what brand is the SATA dock there, looks similar to mine.

Also, did you get the cable holders that are on your wall at thinkgeek? As that's the only place i've seen them personally.
    It's an Eagle/Consus dock. And the cable holders... my Aunt gave them to me last year for my birthday, I think she got them when she was last taking a road trip to Maine/Massachusetts.

Also, don't question what's under the purple USB to PS/2 adapter... @_@

Looks almost exactly like my Startech dock, which doesn't work at all via USB. Too bad I noticed it like 2 months too late. Works great with the two eSATA ports though.

Also... *swipes orca plushies*
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks almost exactly like my Startech dock, which doesn't work at all via USB. Too bad I noticed it like 2 months too late. Works great with the two eSATA ports though.

Also... *swipes orca plushies*
    This one is the complete opposite... it only works right on USB. The ESATA interface sucks, and the two rear USB ports and card reader don't work at all over ESATA.

STOP STEALING MY ORCAS!!!!

But they're so cute and fuzzy

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't have this one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    You can't have this one though.

I used to have one of my own, but I don't know when or where I lost/misplaced him
    I also had both Cabbits from Tenchi, but I gave those to my cousin's daughters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone said Fuzzy and Cute in the same sentence. I had to come running. :<

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Someone said Fuzzy and Cute in the same sentence. I had to come running. :<
    If you notice, I have lots of fuzzy things around my desk!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished building it!

GTX580 DirectCU II gets my thumb of approval:

Still finishing off with the cable mess, but thankfully all parts are atleast WORKING and I didn't have to return/RMA anything...

Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-04-17 at 10:43 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    On the way...

Trying to figure out how to post thumbnails off imugur to avoid that harsh infraction for big ass pictures.

Ignore the wire crap all over the place though...best I could do without trying to tape/ziptie since I change my stuff ALL the time lol.

Not shown is my G15, G9 and my 1TB external. I am replacing the H50 with the H70 when I am not to lazy :P
    Last edited by Deafyx; 2011-04-17 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Mother of god what desk is that.
    It's an Obutto ( http://www.obutto.com/gaming.html )

I'm pretty fond of it. Only issue is that you can't really do any paper work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    I swear, you just fuckin made me tear up for a sec there. I have the same exact monitors that you ahve, but I only have one. I have been pondering a purchase of 2 more if I can get my 2nd 470. You are my idol!

What are you using to hold em up though? The stands I was looking at online, were like, 300+
    The mount can be ordered with the desk. It just slides onto the back support. It's kind of a pain to put together if you do it wrong (like I did.. trying to adjust the level with three monitors on it is pretty pain-staking; you're supposed to attach the mount and THEN the monitors, but I did it backwards. Oh well).

The base desk is 400, but all the modules I got for it, it added up to about 500.
    Last edited by Pitchkart; 2011-04-17 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    It's an Obutto ( http://www.obutto.com/gaming.html )

I'm pretty fond of it. Only issue is that you can't really do any paper work on it.

The mount can be ordered with the desk. It just slides onto the back support. It's kind of a pain to put together if you do it wrong (like I did.. trying to adjust the level with three monitors on it is pretty pain-staking; you're supposed to attach the mount and THEN the monitors, but I did it backwards. Oh well).

The base desk is 400, but all the modules I got for it, it added up to about 500.
    It was the first time seeing the Acer 23 inch in a Triple set. I actually changed my set up and went with one single 27 inch Samsung (30 is just a tad to big from where I sit. Using my 23 inch Acer as my secondary screen (Firefox, music and such)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    On the way...

Trying to figure out how to post thumbnails off imugur to avoid that harsh infraction for big ass pictures.

[PICTURES]

Ignore the wire crap all over the place though...best I could do without trying to tape/ziptie since I change my stuff ALL the time lol.

Not shown is my G15, G9 and my 1TB external. I am replacing the H50 with the H70 when I am not to lazy :P
    Dude do you sleep behind that chair? (noticing the pillow)