Please keep images at or below the 800px width maximum. Thanks!
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-04-26 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Fixed the first image :-)

Would love to hear the specs on that goe3n. I can already see the 2x Asus Matrix cards which look SICK (get a shorter SLI bridge that doesn't bend in the middle so much :P) but the rest of the specs?

Has nice glow in it! (think those dual matrixes make it)

I'm baffled though, where's the pc in the second image? That small box on the left certainly isn't the one above!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

I thought the picture's temperature as well as the hole in the wall gave it away, but I'm pretty sure the computer's on the other side of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Would love to hear the specs on that goe3n. I can already see the 2x Asus Matrix cards which look SICK (get a shorter SLI bridge that doesn't bend in the middle so much :P) but the rest of the specs?
    I HAD to use that SLI bridge, the cards are 3 slot card and I had to leave a space in between for air flow, the normal dual SLI and tri SLI bride I have wouldnt reach.

EVGA P67 FTW
    i7 2600k @ 4.5
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS Raid 0
    1TB WD Storage
    2x Matrix GTX580 Platinum @ 906Mhz SLI
    Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
    Obsidian 650D
    Creative Circumaural Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Omega headset
    MS Sidewinder Keyboard
    Logitech G5 Laser mouse (soon to be naga if GW2 densest allow key binding changes)

My PC is located behind the wall in my over size walk in closet,that small box is my 12" sub woofer for my surround system, all my wiring feed through the wall down below and hookup to the pc that is on a tv stand along with my stereo receiver, which is also my speaker system for my room/PC. This way any heat that is given off is in the closet, not my room. PS I have an AC vent in the closet so it does still stay cool.
    Last edited by got3n; 2012-04-26 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by got3n View Post
    My PC is located behind the wall in my over size walk in closet,that small box is my 12" sub woofer for my surround system, all my wiring feed through the wall down below and hookup to the pc that is on a tv stand along with my stereo receiver, which is also my speaker system for my room/PC. This way any heat that is given off is in the closet, not my room. PS I have an AC vent in the closet so it does still stay cool.
    Epic.

..And second use of the word within two days, I should really calm myself. Even though there's been a couple of just awesome systems recently .
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    WoW has been a CPU-bound game for much of its lifetime.

Looking good Marest, I'm finding that I really like that red/black color scheme, as long as you don't ruin it with LEDs.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-04-26 at 07:44 PM.

He could do with a single LED that lights up in dark times, but this is stuff you have to be careful about...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'll tell you straight up that looks amazing.
    Thanks! Just hoping it will look just as good when it's actually finished.

Quote Originally Posted by adece View Post
    What are you going to put in there?
    I think I'll try out the "X-fast" RAM function/software boundled with the ASRock Z77 boards (so essentially a cache drive for the entire system). If that isn't satisfactory I'll most likely end up using it as a cache drive for Vegas, After Effects and Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looking good Marest, I'm finding that I really like that red/black color scheme, as long as you don't ruin it with LEDs.
    Hehe, so do I. I did buy a LED strip and some single LEDs that I might play around with, but in the end I'll most likely skip them. There are some faint red LEDs in the fan controller that look extremely sleek.
    Getting the cables to look "right" was a *insert bad word* pain. Took me a good 3 hours to just manage the PCI-E, 24-pin and the 8-pin cables.
    Last edited by Marest; 2012-04-26 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by got3n View Post
    Somehow I doubt this PC honestly puts off that much heat with the good airflow/cooling solutions you have! But DAMN I love how you got everything set up! I would not mind doing something like that, looks VERY clean and well-done! Props to you sir!
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Somehow I doubt this PC honestly puts off that much heat with the good airflow/cooling solutions you have! But DAMN I love how you got everything set up! I would not mind doing something like that, looks VERY clean and well-done! Props to you sir!
    You're correct, the only thing that ever heats up is the video cards, once I get like an hour into BF3 the cards push out a good amount of heat, its noticeable if lets say the pc was on the desk next to me, other then that just regular use its so quite and cool I forget its there sometimes.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.6GHz
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
    Video Cards: Gigabyte GTX680
    Memory: 8GB - Corsair Vengence
    SSD: 120GB Crucial M4
    HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda
    Power Supply: 850W OCZ ZX series
    Case: Corsair 500R

Quote Originally Posted by Eschbach View Post
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.6GHz
    CPU Cooling: Corsair H100 Liquid Cooling
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3
    Video Cards: Gigabyte GTX680
    Memory: 8GB - Corsair Vengence
    SSD: 120GB Crucial M4
    HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda
    Power Supply: 850W OCZ ZX series
    Case: Corsair 500R
    Can you provide some pictures? Much more exciting! Nice build though.
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k (4.5GHz) MB: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth (uefi 2003)
    GPU: Asus 280X TOP (1130MHz/1750MHz) RAM: Corsair LP/LV white 8GB 1600MHz
    SSD: Samsung 840Pro 256GB + Crucial m4 128GB (040H) PSU: Seasonic 620M CASE: Corsair 500R (White/Black) Monitor: LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! ||Old Build || Bitdefender Total Security 2015 || AV-TEST 2014

Hehe, so do I. I did buy a LED strip and some single LEDs that I might play around with, but in the end I'll most likely skip them. There are some faint red LEDs in the fan controller that look extremely sleek.
    Couldn't you wrap them in some very thin fabric (something like muslin or fine cotton, or even tights nylon)? That would diffuse the light, making it softer and more uniform. And because LEDs don't emit heat, it wouldn't be a fire risk.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

i5 2500 ("k" y u no wave arms while shopping ffs?)..

4GB ram (8 but 32 bits atm for custom drivers)

HD 5850, OC just a tiny bit

500GB Windows and 500GB storage drives

37" LG 1080p Tv

900W 7.1 surround Aiwa, Retro lol.

PS3 controller and Momo racing wheel.

Nice builds, I like Marest's

Quote Originally Posted by Devypoo View Post
    Nice builds, I like Marest's
    I don't because it's not going to boot up if I push the power button :P

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Can you provide some pictures? Much more exciting! Nice build though.
    Would like this too tbh. This thread is pretty boring without pictures ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I don't because it's not going to boot up if I push the power button :P
    State the obvious, why not? Harsh. It's still pretty :-(
    (And it will still blink and make sounds.)

Out of curiosity, why're you going IB again?
    Or: Why wait now with the bad news coming? If you're waiting for your cooler I'd just replace it with a Corsair H60 as well at this point, given the poor overclocks we're seeing after all. :<

CPU: Intel i5-2500k 4x3.30GHz (Turbo 3.70GHz) Oc to 4,5
    Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 B3 Sandy Bridge
    CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
    Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Vengeance (2x4)
    Hdd: Werstern digital black 1000 GB 7200 rpm 64MB
    SSD: Samsung 830 128 gb
    Graphics: MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC (1 GB)
    Power Supply: Antec earthwatts 650W
    “It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.” - Genghis Khan
    Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Judging by the amount of Earth Shocks cast (27), you seem to be using it too often. It is 100% the end of your priority. You perform every action you possibly can before resorting to Earth Shock. This includes hurling your boots at the enemy and writing insulting limericks to make it feel bad.