Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.
    Thanks!

It's a great case for the price, and I imagine it can house a radiator just fine, especially considering you can even remove the bottom hard drive cage.

Off the top of my head, fairly few of Corsair's smaller cases actually allow mounting the H100 even. The 300R and 400R don't, if I recall correct, but the 500R does. Sadly, I can't recall what the 550D is based off of.

The Corsair Vengeance C70, if I don't recall wrong, aims to be able to fit two 240mm radiators.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-05-10 at 06:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair - Sabertooth is one of Asus' higher end boards/lines, imho. Also, looks great Rickz!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Looks really good, Rickz! The more Corsair cases I see, the more I like them... I'm just not sure if my radiator will fit in any of their mid-towers.
    I am 100% positive all of the Corsair ATX cases can fit a 240 radiator. The 400R that I have has enough room up top for either a dual 120mm radiator like the H100 or possibly a 2x140mm radiator. Clearance might not be an issue if you use standard size fans, not the really thick fat 38mm fans. If you were doing a push/pull setup, you'd probably have to use 12mm fans (like the Scythe SY1212SL12H fans) on one side of the radiator in order to avoid hitting your CPU waterblock. However the 600TM which even as a mid tower is bigger then the 400R or 500R, but all of those should fit radiators without too much difficulty. Heck, I am sure you could mount a 240 radiator in the front, the Corsair cases are very very roomy.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Off the top of my head, fairly few of Corsair's smaller cases actually allow mounting the H100 even. The 300R and 400R don't, if I recall correct, but the 500R does. Sadly, I can't recall what the 550D is based off of.

The Corsair Vengeance C70, if I don't recall wrong, aims to be able to fit two 240mm radiators.
    The 400R does mount an H100 in the top, however I don't think you can do push/pull without 12mm fans on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    To be fair - Sabertooth is one of Asus' higher end boards/lines, imho. Also, looks great Rickz!!
    the sabertooths are built with the same quality and binning as the RoG boards, but lack the multitude of enthusiast features

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 10:40 AM ----------

Someone asked on a different forum what fluid I use, so I took a picture of that as well, lol.

Is that Anti-freeze and distilled water for car batteries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice RAT :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is that Anti-freeze and distilled water for car batteries?
    Yes, it is indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Well here it finally is, got my last extension cables in today and finished everything

Specs:
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
    Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 GHz
    MSI Twin Frozr II 560ti ( soon to be replaced by a 670 )
    Corsair Vengeance 8GB
    Corsair H100 with 2x Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450RPM
    Corsair HX650W
    Corsair 500R case

Replaced all fans with Scythe fans ( except for the exhaust fan, that one works fine ) and hooked them up to a Scythe Kaze Master II.
    snip
    Is you H100 blowing internal air out, or pulling external air in?

They're on top, but in push config. So that's intake.

They're on top, but in push config. So that's intake.
    Thought so, that best since you seem to have good airflow from the front to the back. That way the air passes through the radiator and gets pushed out of the back. Same setup here.

Imo that won't make such a huge difference, but what does make a huge difference imo is that Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans apparently make a ticky noise when placed in pull config.

Imo that won't make such a huge difference, but what does make a huge difference imo is that Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans apparently make a ticky noise when placed in pull config.
    Should've gone with the noctua ones. They look horrible but are among the best fans out there. Or the articice fans, very good ones too! I'll post a link in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Should've gone with the noctua ones. They look horrible but are among the best fans out there. Or the articice fans, very good ones too! I'll post a link in a bit
    I hope you're kidding. The noctua fans are good, but very expensive compared to simply the GTs seen above, and which is better or not seems to vary entirely from one person to another.

I hope you're kidding. The noctua fans are good, but very expensive compared to simply the GTs seen above, and which is better or not seems to vary entirely from one person to another.
    Yea they are expensive. But you've got an H100, which is expensive as well, and underperforms compared to cheaper aircoolers, so I'm assuming money isn't really an issue. And 'expensive', 19 euro...

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Yea they are expensive. But you've got an H100, which is expensive as well, and underperforms compared to cheaper aircoolers, so I'm assuming money isn't really an issue. And 'expensive', 19 euro...
    I was beginning to wonder if you'd confused me with Rickz, lol.

Aside from that, this is silly.
    1. The H100 is a champ cooler by all means. However, it's not by any stretch of the imagination cheap, and the quality of the fans that come with it originally is decent, but loud as they ramp up. Rickz fixed this by going the extra stretch of replacing the fans with one of the most popular and well-performing "classics" out there.
    2. You make an enormously poor assumption when thinking money isn't an issue. Don't ever make the assumption that someone can just spit in some more money, because that's just automatically ridiculous.
    3. And why the heck should anyone go for the Noctua fans over the Scythe GT fans? If you actually read and figured out what you read, you should've noticed that any issues Rickz would've had with the GTs was entirely bypassed by placing the fans in push config.

I was beginning to wonder if you'd confused me with Rickz, lol.

Aside from that, this is silly.
    1. The H100 is a champ cooler by all means. However, it's not by any stretch of the imagination cheap, and the quality of the fans that come with it originally is decent, but loud as they ramp up. Rickz fixed this by going the extra stretch of replacing the fans with one of the most popular and well-performing "classics" out there.
    2. You make an enormously poor assumption when thinking money isn't an issue. Don't ever make the assumption that someone can just spit in some more money, because that's just automatically ridiculous.
    3. And why the heck should anyone go for the Noctua fans over the Scythe GT fans? If you actually read and figured out what you read, you should've noticed that any issues Rickz would've had with the GTs was entirely bypassed by placing the fans in push config.
    Hey hey, relax now buddy. No need to get your panties in a twist. Yes, the H100 is a decent cooler, but not nearly good enough to validate its price. Especially since the Noctua NH-D14 outperforms it, is cheaper and has better fans. There are other better/cheaper air coolers btw. I'm just not going to list them all. A bit of research should be more than enough.

The stock fans the H100 comes with are horrible, the screws are too long, which damage your radiator so replacing them is pretty much essential. Putting the fans in push config is a bandage, it doesn't actually fix the problem.

Since there are better coolers for less money available, I assumed you chose the H100 for aesthetics' sake (as I did), rather than perfomance. That's why I thought the extra few bucks wouldn't matter anyway. Clearly I was wrong, my bad.

Before we proceed, I think you need to check you're aware of what you're saying (the H100 shares the throne with a lot of coolers, most of which are huge as hell), and who you're talking to (because I sure as hell don't have a H100 lol).

Off topic discussion has been warned against. Please use the chat thread or a new thread. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-05-13 at 08:19 PM.

Before we proceed, I think you need to check you're aware of what you're saying (the H100 shares the throne with a lot of coolers, most of which are huge as hell), and who you're talking to (because I sure as hell don't have a H100 lol).
    Yea I meant Rickz, not you. Replying in-between training so I got a bit confused.

You seem to misunderstand my point, again. I'm not saying the H100 doesn't perform well, I'm saying that cheaper air-coolers perform better are quiter and don't require modifications/extra parts to perform.

Get it? H100 = good, combined with good coolers and a relatively big wallet. A few other AIR coolers, are better. Visit HardOCP for more info.

Off topic discussion has been warned against. Please use the chat thread or a new thread. ~Uggor
    Last edited by Uggorthaholy; 2012-05-13 at 08:19 PM.