Quote Originally Posted by Maglore View Post
    Vacuuming your PC is an extremely bad idea! Air rushing past a plastic nozzle will build up static. Static discharging onto PC components means dead components. I always cringe when I hear that people use a vacuum cleaner to clean out their PC, use a can of air duster spray its a much safer way of cleaning.
    You can build up static without discharging it on your components. Anyway, using a vacuum isn't as unsafe as many would make you believe. Just make sure the nozzle doesn't make contact with the components and try to keep them grounded (by keeping the cable plugged in/regularly touching the case and nozzle).

Compressed air without a vacuum = dust in your face. You don't want that.

Or do as I do and use a compressor in the garage Careful for moisture (especially oil) though.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-04-10 at 08:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Is it just the angle of the pic or is the GPU sagging that much?

Really good job on the cable management. Very clean looking install!

Is it OC'd?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Looks to be sagging, but I've seen worse.

The angle... yes... For some reason it just fits in this way. The way it is right now there is no pressure on the chip and not on the plate in the back of the case. if i would put it in on a perfect angle there would be a lot of pressure being put on the motherboard but the GPU so i decided to keep it this way. ps this is caused by the fact that the part wich goes into the back of the pc (god knows how its called) is a bit off. manufraction error i guess. but i did not find this a reason to go and replace it.

and on the cable management: This took me about 2kilometers of Tiewraps(Zipties?) But i managed. Once i was finished i was fairly proud of myself especially knowing that this was my first self-build.

I did not overclock it (yet). Only reason i would overclock is to make an older pc run new games and software, And OC'ing will not be needed on this pc for another 3-4 years is my estimate. I don't like to OC for fun.

By the way, what temps do you guys have in your pc's? mine doesn't go over 39 celcius under gaming load. And thats really good IMO.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-04-10 at 12:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    @Sagryth What cooler is that?
    The CPU cooler is Scythe's Mugen 3.
    Link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jessy100 View Post
    By the way, what temps do you guys have in your pc's? mine doesn't go over 39 celcius under gaming load. And thats really good IMO.
    Don't think I've ever looked at my temperatures when not overclocking, but.... 39 degrees is really low! - My i5 (OC'd, see sig) hits 85c when running torture tests, and it's still perfectly fine. So, you're more than safe!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    @Flareside: Looks clean! Is there an exhaust fan right above the CPU cooler? LEDs have me believe there is. Just don't see CPU coolers pointed upwards often.
    Yeah there is a top exhaust fan. Thought why not have the fan underneath the heatsink push the air up then the exhaust take it right out, instead of pushing it to the back of the case and out. Keeps the CPU cool (hardly ever above 60c) so never felt like changing it sideways. My first build so didn't now any different.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flareside View Post
    Yeah there is a top exhaust fan. Thought why not have the fan underneath the heatsink push the air up then the exhaust take it right out, instead of pushing it to the back of the case and out. Keeps the CPU cool (hardly ever above 60c) so never felt like changing it sideways. My first build so didn't now any different.
    I didn't imply it's wrong. ^^ Uncommon, but it shouldn't matter cooling-wise. Except, of course, if that top fan was an intake. Hehe (not that anyone has intake fans there, generally. o.o)

Kind of messy but here it is. Ignore the vodka bottles

Last edited by skatblast; 2013-04-10 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Hey skatblast, what's up with those vodka bottles?
    (Your setup looks very cozy.)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRedd View Post
    I didn't imply it's wrong. ^^ Uncommon, but it shouldn't matter cooling-wise. Except, of course, if that top fan was an intake. Hehe (not that anyone has intake fans there, generally. o.o)
    It's actually not that uncommon and if you think about it, it's not a bad idea. Heat does rise after all which is one of the big reasons for silverstones 90° mounting solutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Kind of messy but here it is. Ignore the vodka bottles

<snip>
    I think that's one of the best examples of old-fashioned furniture we've seen in this thread

Also feel free to be buddies with Deltrus because both of you seem to enjoy collecting bottles of alcoholic beverages and sticking them all around your computers, you rum-chugging drunks the lot of yeh' :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    NUC NUC

Specifications:
    CPU: Core i3-3217u 1.8 GIGAHERTZ!1!1
    GPU: HD4000
    SSD: 64GB Intel 525 series SSD
    RAM: 2x2GB 1333MHz Corsair RAM

Rear

Front

Bottom

-

All fully assembled

Played a couple of LoL matches on it, to see how playable it is. No fancy graphs, just reinstalled Windows so I lost my OpenOffice/Photoshop files.

Code:
    League of Legends Medium settings 1920x1080 - 26 minute match
    Min, Max, Avg
    15,  72, 43.747
    Temperatures were ~85c during load, running on "Quiet profile" in BIOS
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    I dig this, really nice Nuc

15+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome. But peel off that plastic layer please It's annoying me so much even in a picture!

10+ Year Old Account
    Peeling off the plastic is one of the best feelings ever, why would I not do that? :P
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, why have you not? :P

http://i.imgur.com/9EX7jN9.jpg Original 3200x2400 Image.

Table from Ikea in glass. Monitor Packard Bell Maestro 243DL. Logitech G110 keyboard. Logitech G400 Mouse. Mionix Sargas 900 mouse/keyboard pad 900*400mm. Steelseries Siberia v2 gold/black. Altec Lansing speakers from almost 10 years back. I keep my monitor on an old PSU box for elevation, i think it's much better this way.

http://i.imgur.com/sntn92w.jpg Original 3200x2400 Image.

Pretty happy about the cabling, yet there are some issues i should have fixed. First, black cable ties would look better, i even have some. Second, the 24 pin Mobo cable should be sleeved and i haven't cleaned it for dust in a while. But i make up for it by keeping my room tidy. I also managed to put the H70 the wrong way when putting it in. At the time i was to frustrated to change it all after finally fitting it in there.

Case: Corsair 600T
    Storage: Intel 330 60GB boot drive. Samsung 840 250GB non-pro games drive. 1TB WD Caviar black. 2 * 400GB Seagate unspecified 7200RPM from last build (around the Intel core 2 era).
    Graphics: MSI 7970 Lightning currently unclocked.
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k currently unclocked. With a corsair H70 on top using 2 x SP120 quiet edition fans from Corsair.
    Mobo: GB Z68 UD4

Ram: 4* 8GB Corsair vengeance 1600MHZ. ca 20GB dedicated ramdisk.

Speeds using Radeon Ramdisk. Only 4GB emulated as i had some issues with the software license after reinstalling Windows.

Higher resolution image http://i.imgur.com/HGL5XAa.jpg
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Lol....

Perhaps i should go and get some more ram afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Lol....

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

it takes a TON of ram to do anything useful with a ramdisk that will rely on the high transfer rates

but you can do a few things with the 4GB trial, you can mount it as the cache folder for chrome and make your webpages snappy, you can also mount it as wow's cache and speed up data retrieval on tooltips and stuff

you can also use a supercache instead, it's basically a ramdisk cache for your hard drive, similar to RST, this is my C:\ drive:

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Lol....

If you play allot of single player games, by all means, save games almost exclusively save to primary drive so data loss is not an issue. But for multiplayer games you just get stuck waiting for other people. Entering a dungeon, wait for party/raid. Starting LOL, wait for other people, which you would even with an ordinary HDD. It's mostly for show.

I only got it because of the discount and gave my old 2 * 4GB kit to my bro as bonus Christmas present.

But with the licensed version i am able to fit the entirety of WOW into my RAM.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies its a large file.

I am a game developer so I require a lot of computers for testing purposes however I game on all of them!

http://i.imgur.com/7yoaeRA.jpg

User was infracted for oversized images.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-04-10 at 11:14 PM.