Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Oh yeah, bigger numbers are nice. I'm half and half considering getting a 64gb kit of Corsair pro RGB's to replace my current hyperX kit.

As for the loop: It looks like trash. Completely unmitigated trash. Finally getting in new fittings and tubing so I can re-do it over the next couple weeks, that's going to be fun.
    WE NEED MORE RGB Temp
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    WE NEED MORE RGB Temp
    Getting a new CPU block that's RGB..

If/when I get around to getting a ThermalTake Core P7 (or another case really) I'll also grab some Phantek Halo's to make my fans prettier (and 6 more fans for lulz), but that's quite far off considering how fucking expensive it is. Might pester my BF to buy me the case though.

im using AMD codename Polaris setup. video card and cpu are 14nm. dual monitors. the system should be relevant till windows 10 expires for updating. costed me about 5100 USD. ordered from newegg.com first quarter 2018. aside from driver problems the system runs very well; haven't had any problems with hardware. i usually multitask while playing video games. the cpu is very well made. rule of thumb revision 3.0 hardware is the best to go with when building a system.

Last edited by Cilraaz; 2019-07-31 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Fixed img/link garbled bbcode

Guess I'll post my first build in like, 20 years (seriously):

MSI X570 Gaming Plus
    Silverstone RL06 Pro - Five 120mm Intake, One 120mm Exhaust
    Gskill FlareX 3200CL14
    Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB
    WD Blue Mechanical Drive 2 TB
    5700 XT GPU
    3700X CPU
    Stylish piece of cardboard to hold up the GPU

I never actually posted my build here in this thread - though i'm planning to change case with the O11 Dynamic for "futureproofness" and so i'm going to rebuild sometime later on.

ASUS Strix Z370-F
    Intel 8600k @ 5GHz w/ Corsair H110i
    16GB 3200MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro
    Zotac Mini GTX 1080Ti w/ Raijintek Morpheus 2
    3x Corsair 120LL + 3x Corsair 120ML RGB in front (not visible) + the two original raidiator fans as top exhaust

Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    As for RAM, I had to talk myself out of 64GB. Yes it's insane, yes it's pointless, but the number is bigger.
    Id agree 32 isnt bad Shoulda gone with 64...

Windows is horrible with Ram management and it is a fairly bloated OS + Chrome/firefox is a memory hog these days + have a browser open with multiple tabs last i looked at my chrome it was using 3-4gb... So there is essentially 8-10GB with windows and Chrome +not including whatever game your playing. Granted you can get by with less ram but the system becomes unresponsive fairly quickly.

I am planning to go with 64GB simply because memory is dirt cheap these days you can good quality 64GB for under 500, even cheaper with low quality ram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, bigger numbers are nice. I'm half and half considering getting a 64gb kit of Corsair pro RGB's to replace my current hyperX kit.

As for the loop: It looks like trash. Completely unmitigated trash. Finally getting in new fittings and tubing so I can re-do it over the next couple weeks, that's going to be fun.
    Nice! Have you thought about going Corsair Hydro-X so you can RGB the crap out of it?

Oh yeah, I suppose while I'm at it I might as well post an actual shot of the PC interior instead of just the whole setup:

Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Nice! Have you thought about going Corsair Hydro-X so you can RGB the crap out of it?

Oh yeah, I suppose while I'm at it I might as well post an actual shot of the PC interior instead of just the whole setup:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/go4f3OW.jpg[IMG]
    Dang, nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm actually replacing my current CPU block (An EK Velocity) with a Hydro X XC7. Not gonna touch my GPU block though. No point really since it's not vertically mounted.

Edit: When/if I get around to getting the case I have my eye on currently I'll also get some RGB fans or at least RGB fan covers so I can properly rainbowpuke my system
    Last edited by Temp name; 2019-08-02 at 11:47 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be a superfast computer for me, If I will install the same configuration in my desktop.

Still waiting for the damn 2070 Super FE to come back in stock. They have the 2080 S FE, but it's mostly wasted on 1440p...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Guess I'll post my first build in like, 20 years (seriously):

MSI X570 Gaming Plus
    Silverstone RL06 Pro - Five 120mm Intake, One 120mm Exhaust
    Gskill FlareX 3200CL14
    Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB
    WD Blue Mechanical Drive 2 TB
    5700 XT GPU
    3700X CPU
    Stylish piece of cardboard to hold up the GPU

How is this build running for you? Good FPS/Gaming/WoW experience? Looks amazing btw

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    How is this build running for you? Good FPS/Gaming/WoW experience? Looks amazing btw
    Thanks man! It's been running perfect, and I credit most of that to opting for an X570. Everything just worked.

But for WoW, I set the preset to 10, just maxed everything including AA, and ran around Boralus. Got between 65-75 FPS. Setting the preset to 7 put me between 80 and 90 FPS. I was specifically looking for crowded areas, avoiding open areas that would artificially bump up my framerate. Out in the wild I'm in the 200's uncapped (this was measured in a cave lol) I'm at about 165 FPS uncapped. This is at 1080p. Pretty decent. Haven't tested a raid yet.

The other game I played was Forza 4, and it ran like butter, easily hitting 144 FPS at max settings.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-08-07 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just built...

i9-9900k
    asrock z390 taichi ultimate
    TT floe riing 360 cooler
    32 gig g.skill trident rgb
    ASUS rog 1660ti OC
    samsung 970 evo plus 500gig
    samsung 860 evo 1tb
    corsair rm750
    cougar panzer s case
    6 TTpure plus fans
    3 riing plus fans
    1 coolermaster mf120

10+ Year Old Account

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor (Purchased For $499.00)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler (Reused) - I'm still waiting for the free Noctua AM4 mounting hardware to arrive.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $283.48)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (Purchased For $131.24)
    Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For $227.39)
    Storage: Intel 600p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Reused)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB STRIX Video Card (Reused)
    Case: Corsair 275Q ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For $99.73)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (Reused)
    10gbps nic: Intel X520 DA1 (Reused)

Outside of the slow POST, I'm super impressed with this system so far.
    I'll get a ray tracing compatible GPU when they become relevant.
    I didn't bother taking pictures of the outside since I didn't get the windowed version of this chassis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    [IMG]https://imgur.com/dw2vPTel.jpg[IMG]

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 64.95 CFM CPU Cooler (Reused) - I'm still waiting for the free Noctua AM4 mounting hardware to arrive.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard (Purchased For $283.48)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory (Purchased For $131.24)
    Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (Purchased For $227.39)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (Reused)

I didn't bother taking pictures of the outside since I didn't get the windowed version of this chassis.
    How long is your post times?
    Build is a bit spartan looking. But I suppose there isn't really that much more to add.

Also, 10gbit NIC? Nice, you got 10gbit internet, or just running it to a home server?

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Im jealous, at least until this weekend

Guess the big question is how is the gaming?
    Last edited by js3915; 2019-08-15 at 05:12 PM.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

10+ Year Old Account
    How long is your post times?
    Build is a bit spartan looking. But I suppose there isn't really that much more to add.

Also, 10gbit NIC? Nice, you got 10gbit internet, or just running it to a home server?
    Post time is 24sec.
    Having a nice clean build without all the RGB puke was entirely the point.
    Internet is 1g since Last December. This is for transfers to and from my nas. (See my previous post in this thread)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    Im jealous, at least until this weekend

Guess the big question is how is the gaming?
    Every game I've played recently runs fast and most importantly smooth. Though, I might be a little biased as my last machine had some motherboard related power delivery problems which were causing random slow-downs especially if you tried to watch video on 2nd/3rd monitor at the same time.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Post time is 24sec.

Every game I've played recently runs fast and most importantly smooth. Though, I might be a little biased as my last machine had some motherboard related power delivery problems which were causing random slow-downs especially if you tried to watch video on 2nd/3rd monitor at the same time.
    Well thats good... I ran a mechagon last night and it was shitting on my FPS badly on my current soon tobe old build
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

10+ Year Old Account
    Post time is 24sec.
    Having a nice clean build without all the RGB puke was entirely the point.
    Speaking of RGB puke...

This is how it'll look normally though: