10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickz View Post
    Does anyone here have some amazing way to lift their pc off the floor? :P

I'm going for a new case of which the fans are pretty low to the floor, so I'm trying to find some way to lift the pc so it doesn't just sit there and gather all the dust.

I found something like this but it doesn't look that strong :P :
    I used a "Desk Stand" You know the kind you usually put on your desk to give you an extra shelf. You can poke some holes through it where your bottom fan intake is if you really want... but it's not all that nessersery Just elevating it off the carpet is the main thing.

P.S. The frame might hold but on carpet those castors are useless... they'll break under the weight, sides of the wheels will snap off. If you still want it, get some metal castors and it'll be fine.

That Stand isnt all that bad, take off the wheels and just use it as it is. Just to get it off the ground a bit.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Minor changes...

15+ Year Old Account
    Rickz -

To be honest, the best thing you can do is get some plywood and 2X4s from Home Deopt or something of the like, and build something custom yourself.

You can make your case fite super snug, put a perfect breathing hole for your PSU fan and be good to go!

Slight changes. Grabbed some more RAM, now running 32gb@ 2133, got new cables for the PSU, unfortunately I'm to lazy to braid them single myself, so I just got some from Corsair.
    Also added 2x 680s to replace my MARS 2, MARS 2 I just put on display instead, and added a 570 i had laying around to the system for my other screens so I can run SLI and not change between SLI when I want to run games and not and lose a screen, and some minor stuff like changing rear fan, added SSD you can't really see etc.
    Cable management still kind of messy though.

Bonus images of the home server (still waiting for some components):

Funfunfun.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

Quote Originally Posted by Sýf View Post
    Slight changes. Grabbed some more RAM, now running 32gb@ 2133, got new cables for the PSU, unfortunately I'm to lazy to braid them single myself, so I just got some from Corsair.
    Also added 2x 680s to replace my MARS 2, MARS 2 I just put on display instead, and added a 570 i had laying around to the system for my other screens so I can run SLI and not change between SLI when I want to run games and not and lose a screen, and some minor stuff like changing rear fan, added SSD you can't really see etc.

Funfunfun.

wow, that is beast as!!!!
    So lucky to pick up two 680's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Minor changes...
    You've been really good at replicating the position and lighting of the previous photo. I had to go find it and directly compare the shots to realize what was different! :P
    Awesome cables though. They're Corsair's premade ones, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    You've been really good at replicating the position and lighting of the previous photo. I had to go find it and directly compare the shots to realize what was different! :P
    Awesome cables though. They're Corsair's premade ones, right?
    Lol, yeah I made the awesome first change of using a camera instead of my phone, at least the quality improved, right?
    And yes the cables are corsair premade ones.
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

...Umm, that was kidsafe it was directed at.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Kidsafe.

Didn't that bottom rad fit the other way around so you could've had shorter tubes? :P Looks kind of awkward like that to be honest! I would have faced the top rad other way around as well personally. Just to give it visually more breathing room :x

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    ...Umm, that was kidsafe it was directed at.
    Just another downside of not sleeping in 2 nights

Saw it as Aired said it. Should probably sleep...

Parts are starting to arrive!

All that's left is my H100 (coming Thursday), the motherboard and the CPU. Oh, and the monitor.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    heh, you're going to just have parts sitting there forever... waiting for Intel to finally release Ivy. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

That 680 just sitting there would drive me insane...I remember when I got my 6870 right when it came out.....it came in I pulled it out of the box looked at it...and then it was taken from me since it was a christmas present...so sad...especially since I was using a 240.....
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    That 680 just sitting there would drive me insane...I remember when I got my 6870 right when it came out.....it came in I pulled it out of the box looked at it...and then it was taken from me since it was a christmas present...so sad...especially since I was using a 240.....
    Pffft at least you got it for free, all I get for christmas is dinner with the family :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sýf View Post

Funfunfun.
    awesome rig. don't doubt you could get close to what you payed for your MARS 2. just for collecter value.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    heh, you're going to just have parts sitting there forever... waiting for Intel to finally release Ivy. ;p
    MBO.org has an ivy bridge mobo already so we should be getting cpus sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the real question is, would he get more money now or if he waited for it to become a true collector's item.... personally I would LOVE to be able to display a MARS II. >_<
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like chickens. Don't you dare judge me!
    Case: COOLER MASTER MIDITOWER STORM SCOUT ATX BLACK

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE B3 P67 S-1155 ATX

CPU: INTEL CORE I7 2600K 3.40GHZ 8MB S-1155

GPU 1: GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 560 TI OC 1GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI
    - Crossfire them to make them into 1
    GPU 2: GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX 560 TI OC 1GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI

RAM: CORSAIR 4GB DDR3 XMS3 INTEL I5/I7 PC12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X2GB) x2 (8GB)

SSD: INTEL 320 SERIES 2.5" 120GB SSD SATA/300 MLC 25NM RESELLER (Put games and programs that require alot here)

HDD: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB 7200RPM SATA/600 64MB

DVD/CD: SAMSUNG DVD±R/RW/RAM DL 22X SATA BLACK

PSU: CORSAIR TX 750W M MODULAR PSU ATX12V 2.31 / EPS12V

Cooler for CPU: ARCTIC COOLING FREEZER 13 S-1155/1156/1366/AM3+

Extras:

Mouse: RAZER NAGA MOLTEN EDITION MMO GAMING MOUSE USB

Keyboard: RAZER ANANSI KEYBOARD USB

Headset: STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2 BLACK

Speakers: Can't find it on the internet... bought it in store... I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Lyseria; 2012-03-28 at 10:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    NVidia cards do not use crossfire... they use SLI. Try using a Crossfire bridge between NVidia cards and I bet it won't even fit/will blow up if it does!
    "A flower.

Can we PLEASE have on-topic discussions? The only reason I'm not handing out infractions right now, is that it would be too many.
    &nbsp;