Deleted

Just checking so everything will fit - it won't (clearance issues with the heatsink, for example). Still a lot to do regarding cable management and fine-tuning, but most of it is in place already.

Oh, you bought the Streacom F1C as well, huh? They're so small! I intend to fill mine with a Trinity mITX for use as a HTPC, however. I don't, personally, find intel has anything to offer in the non-highest end.

Consider this heatsink http://www.inet.se/produkt/5321869/scythe-kozuti

Would an H60 fit, or are there no fan slots of the sort either?

Deleted
    Actually, it's not for me. It's for a "customer".

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Would an H60 fit, or are there no fan slots of the sort either?
    No, unless you modify the hell out of that H60. (Making room for the rad would mean blowing out the bay for 2.5" drives and punching holes in the top part for ventilation. If it would fit it would be very, very close and probably less than optimal).

Updated my build with two EVGA 670 FTWs and bought backplates for them. The performance and temperature over my old 570 HD cards is incredible. I also added a fan filter on the top and the back fans so every single fan is intake and only the two video cards are exhaust along with air pushed out of the back through vents. Temps went down a lot inside my system going this way with an 800D along with never having dust inside the system.

Also updated to a BenQ XL2420T 120hz monitor which I don't have shown in the pictures below which is the reason I stuck with SLI.

System specs

CPU - Intel i5 2500k OCed 4.8Ghz 1.37vcore
    CPU Cooler - Corsair H100
    MB - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz
    GPU - 2x EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    PSU - Corsair HX1050
    Case - Corsair 800D
    System Fans - Noctua 6x 120mm and 3x 140mm Fans

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/t...hpAUDcL8AM.jpg

800px is a very generous max-width for a thumbnail. Even going slightly above that mark is "too big" and not allowed. Please read and follow the rules. ~Marest
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-10-11 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    [URL=http://imgur.com/6JoXH.jpg]*snip*

Just checking so everything will fit - it won't (clearance issues with the heatsink, for example). Still a lot to do regarding cable management and fine-tuning, but most of it is in place already.
    More pictures please, these shots are glorious. I'd post pictures of the inside of my case, but it'd make most people balk, as I don't really bother with the whole neat and tidy wire layout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    More pictures please, these shots are glorious. I'd post pictures of the inside of my case, but it'd make most people balk, as I don't really bother with the whole neat and tidy wire layout.
    LOL, ya me either but I probably should. The large mess of cables behind my HD's might be impeding airflow somewhat. Thinking back I should have bought a larger case, but the 300 was a really good deal. Like 50 bucks at Fry's, and I doubt I could get anything similar for the same price.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2012-10-11 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Too many comma's.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Bought a sleeving-kit just for fun and tested sleeving the cable on an old case fan today. Didn't turn out great but for a first attempt I'm fairly happy.

http://i.imgur.com/gRphfl.jpg
    The tilt shift is a nice touch, but that picture doesn't show the important part of the cabling, the shrink at the end. I know you have the other pictures showing it a bit better, but I just felt like being a smart-allek.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post

Hey I made a new vid some people didn't like the first one.
    I could sense the defensive over-confidence from here. "I guess they're just jealous." Really? The people I saw commenting on your component choices are people that I often see on this board offering constructive, helpful advice. I also suspect that most of them have equivalent or better panels for their computers. The comment about jealousy was extremely immature.

For the record, I do not think having a 55" monitor four feet in front of you is good. I sit the same distance from my 24" panels and I can see the pixels in them easily if I do not have AA turned on. I also have a one over three setup for my monitors, so I feel you on the bigger screen thing, but that is 1080p x 3+1 so the pixels are much less apparent. Have fun with your TV though.

In conclusion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    My R.A.T.7 broke 2 weeks after use.
    I love my R.A.T. 7 and I got mine shortly after they came out.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-10-11 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Please stop quoting images without breaking them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    The tilt shift is a nice touch, but that picture doesn't show the important part of the cabling, the shrink at the end. I know you have the other pictures showing it a bit better, but I just felt like being a smart-allek.
    True, I guess. However that shot wasn't tilt-shift, just simple focus. Posted these in the chat thread yesterday, perhaps they show the complete work better.

And another shot of the motherboard:

I've done a bit of soldering today and it was a real PITA. I haven't touched a soldering iron in over 6 years so I'm a bit rusty.

Before:

After:
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-10-11 at 08:40 PM.

Very nice pictures, Marest.

Deleted
    I want a Streacom HTPC now, damn you... I have to wait till I move though, money is a bit short, but the work looks amazing and the sleeving looks good! Wish I had the patience to sleeve my PSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marest have you ever posted the components you used for your HTPC? I am going to build one soon and I would like to know what you used.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    Marest have you ever posted the components you used for your HTPC? I am going to build one soon and I would like to know what you used.
    This. Just moved out, want to make an HTPC aswell.

Deleted
    storage has arrived

guessing ill be happy with the price it will mostly be a movies/series library dump
    ps: later today im expecting my new headset aswell from rma
    according to ups it should arrive today
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-10-12 at 09:01 AM.

I'm really tempted to post a super artistic shot of the tube of thermal paste I just ordered when it arrives.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Very nice pictures, Marest.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    I want a Streacom HTPC now, damn you... I have to wait till I move though, money is a bit short, but the work looks amazing and the sleeving looks good! Wish I had the patience to sleeve my PSU.
    Well, I thought I had the patience but I don't. Upon inspecting the picoPSU I don't think I'll touch it with a soldering iron as I first planned. And the SATA cable mod was a disaster - let's never speak of that ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    Marest have you ever posted the components you used for your HTPC?
    Well, no. And it's not intended as a pure HTPC (although it will fill that function) and it's not mine (I'm still playing with my Raspberry Pi and Raspbmc). It will replace a laptop at my parents house and work as a central hub for their tablets, phones and storage. Main use will be streaming media, syncing, backing up and storing vital content from their devices as well as acting as a device for showing vacation images, streaming/playing videos, showing football via streaming services and hopefully Netflix when it arrives to Sweden.

Anyways, the specifications are:
    • Mobo: ASRock H77M-ITX
    • CPU: Intel Core i3 3220 3,3GHz
    • RAM: Corsair Value 2x4GB 1333MHz
    • PSU: FSP picoPSU 90W
    • Case: Streacom F1C
    • ODD: Optiarc Slot-in DVD AD-7800H
    • SSD: Samsung 830 128GB

Along with two external USB 2.0 1TB drives.

Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    This. Just moved out, want to make an HTPC aswell.
    I'd strongly recommend checking out AMD's new HSA solutions for this; Trinity. Sure, the power use is a bit higher, but overall they offer a better ground for a HTPC than intels current CPUs (unless of course you want to cram in a stand-alone graphics card in a larger enclosure).

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I'm really tempted to post a super artistic shot of the tube of thermal paste I just ordered when it arrives.
    Like this?

More shots of my current build-in-progress:

Replacing the cooler:

Only 295mm high:

Routing cables:

Overview:
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-10-12 at 03:00 PM.

You're really liking the greyscale option on your camera aren't you

I'd strongly recommend checking out AMD's new HSA solutions for this; Trinity. Sure, the power use is a bit higher, but overall they offer a better ground for a HTPC than intels current CPUs (unless of course you want to cram in a stand-alone graphics card in a larger enclosure).
    I don't think there are any ITX motherboards for the FM2 socket :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I don't think there are any ITX motherboards for the FM2 socket :/
    Not yet, but they are coming.

Keep an eye open for these:
    ASRock FM2 A75M-ITX
    MSI A85 IA-53
    Zotac A75-ITX WiFi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    storage has arrived

guessing ill be happy with the price it will mostly be a movies/series library dump
    ps: later today im expecting my new headset aswell from rma
    according to ups it should arrive today
    I haven't been reading the best of things about 3TB drives in general...complaints about incompatibility with a whole bunch of NAS systems (and even operating systems having trouble detecting all 3TB), a complaint or two about unreliability. Hope your drive does well ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    What did you order?
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Deleted
    well getting the drive up and running was a piece of cake, just had to download some tool for my mobo from gigabyte site reboot once and now im moving my external hdd data :P (1,5tb that was pretty much filled up and was way overdue for getting replaced after +-7 years of constant use)
    yea actually thought of getting a NAS but then i gotta share my storage with the rest in the house hehe
    but figured for 115 euro 3tb was a better option and ill likely won't have to worry about storage for a long time. (unless games get REALLY big )
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-10-12 at 03:09 PM.