It's that time of the week again! The thread is starting to go off topic, please keep the discussion to builds and questions/comments directly about said builds. If you'd like to talk about GPU temperatures, case fans, etc please use the Chat Thread (link in my sig!) or make a new thread!

posting some pics soon of my gaming cornor not much has changed but some red LED lighting and a Corsair H100 cooler to replace my way too big and way too loud NZXT 140 cooler.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

In my recent build news, I cried heavily as I decided to return my 3930k and x79 motherboard. I had a lot planned to plop it into the mATX Silverstone fortress case with SLI 7970s. I just couldn't justify spending the amount of money and time that I would have had to spend to mod the case (for airflow) and such.

On to my future build! I think since Vishera may be AMD's last push into performance desktop CPUs (and the fact that their expected performance doesn't look too far behind Intel's current offerings), I should make a build to remember it by. :P

I'm thinking an FX-8350 + H100 + Crossfire 7970 Ghz in a NZXT Guardian (red model):

Sure I can find some red and black motherboard, fans and red + black braided cables. Should be fun, of course I have to actually wait a few weeks until I can get my hands on the processor.
    Last edited by glo; 2012-10-17 at 09:13 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

15+ Year Old Account
    FX-8350, really? What for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    FX-8350, really? What for?
    As he said, to remember AMD. I can't really think of any other reason why.

Instead of just fitting the 3930K + X79 mobo in a bigger case, he's returning them for an AMD build which will almost certainly be worse in games especially with Xfire 7970's which will be heavier on CPU usage -_-
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-10-17 at 09:45 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    As he said, to remember AMD. I can't really think of any other reason why.
    A bit of selective reading there by me. Suppose I skipped over that part. The mere idea that someone would want to remember AMD from that crap of a processor eludes me.

Who am I to judge though (I'm not). It'll at least be unique in the world of generic i5 3570k+random gpu builds.

Oh please, it's not going to be that bad.

For example, my 2500 is beaten in (dual threaded) gaming by an i3-3220. An i3-3220 is matched by an FX-4170. An FX 8350 is going to be stronger core for core than an FX-4170 due to a generational leap. See where I'm going here?

It's going to be cheap, and everything else can be easily swapped mobo/CPU wise. If Haswell was going to be out sooner than 6-7 months from now, this would of course be a stupid choice. But since the things are benching so close core for core in gaming, and that the "leaked" 8350 benchmarks are showing identical multi-threaded performance to a 2600k~, it's no biggie.

Basically, I like AMD, and it's not like the system wont be able to handle anything thrown at it. More so, overclocking would easily blur the line. I think people waaaay over estimate the performance differences of the higher clocked (and binned) FX chips that released with the refresh. Vishera even more so.
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    True, I spoke out too soon...but you could be doing an equally big blunder by buying a product before reviews are out (this really applies to any product). We shall see...frankly I can't wait! Go Go AMD.

Yeah I don't think I'll buy it on release date. If they end up scaling poorly with overclocking I'll just hold onto my 2500/mobo and buy the rest of it then wait for Haswell.

build pics

Deleted
    I know its off topic but.. Vishera wont be the last thing AMD launches, their next generation will be better. Think i read something about it being a "real" octacore. The thing it is sharing now, wont be shared the next generation. And there should be a die shrink i think as well. But we will see Vishera will be what bulldozer should have been (or something like that)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I know its off topic but.. Vishera wont be the last thing AMD launches, their next generation will be better. Think i read something about it being a "real" octacore. The thing it is sharing now, wont be shared the next generation. And there should be a die shrink i think as well. But we will see Vishera will be what bulldozer should have been (or something like that)
    You are right - this is off topic. Please stop; NWN posted a kind reminder to actually stay on-topic at the very top of this page.

Built a new computer this summer and haven't posted it anywhere yet. Here she is:

Case Corsair 800D
    Motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77
    CPU Intel i7 2600k, OC'ed to 4.5 GHz
    Memory 16gigs G.Skill Sniper Series
    Graphics EVGA 680 SC Signature+
    SSD 256GB Crucial M4
    Storage Drive 1TB Spinpoint F3
    Optical Drive

Cooling
    XSPC RX480
    XSPC RX240
    Variable Speed D5 w/ EK Top
    EK Multi-Option Res
    EK Supremacy CPU Block
    EVGA Hydro Copper Waterblock
    Ice Dragon Cooling Nanofluid

Monitors 2x LG IPS 23" LED
    Keyboard Tesoro Durandal Ultimate
    Mouse Logitech G700

Ill post some pics here in a bit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounding like a beautiful water loop Brandizzle, while you're posting pics may I ask what fans you're using on your rads?

Also how's your experience with that keyboard? Never heard of Tesoro before o_O

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Running on a Macbook Pro 13'3" from late 2011...
    Unless I'm home, in that case I use my brothers epic gaming desktop computer, on which every option is set to max...

I use Yate Loon High Speeds on a Zalman 6-channel fan controller. Most of the time they stay turned down, but I crank them up if I am folding or whatever.

I had never heard of the brand either until I was in the market for a new mechanical keyboard. I really wanted the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth at the time, having owned the regular version in the past. However, at the time it was backordered for a month or so and couldn't wait. I researched for a while and it fit all the criteria I was looking for-- mechanical w/ cherry browns, backlit keys, and macro functionality-- although it does not have dedicated macro keys.

I can say I have been completely satisfied with it and have no qualms about it whatsoever. I think i paid around $115 for it, so its about on par with other mechanical keyboards in that sense.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 08:54 PM ----------

Seems I can't post pics yet... can I PM someone my content to post?

Ill just find a few random places to post and then come back :P

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 10:11 PM ----------

First off, old computer:

_DSC0128 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Loot lineup:

_DSC0133 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Unfortunately I didnt have my camera at the time of the case modding, but here is the after photo with rads being test fit:

_DSC0129 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Thats a lot of rad up there!

_DSC0147 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

_DSC0142 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

I wrapped the bottom panel w/ 3M Di-NoC:

_DSC0157 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Then moved the through holes:

_DSC0160 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Starting to put things together:

_DSC0164 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

I love both the 800D backplate cutout as well as the EK waterblock backplate. This thing is solid!

_DSC0168 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Tested this stuff out and love it. Better temps than my tried-and-true AS5:

_DSC0169 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Thanks guys, probably woulda missed this:

_DSC0171 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

GPU:

_DSC0176 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Originally how I wanted to do my plumbing. Didn't like it, and Im still not satisfied with the current setup. Future work!

_DSC0178 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

_DSC0180 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

When filling, always make sure that ALL of the ports on your res are plugged!

_DSC0184 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

More or less finalized, minus the sleeving:

_DSC0186 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

Speaking of which:

_DSC0188 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

_DSC0189 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

_DSC1184 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

_DSC1185 by brandon.lundquist, on Flickr

10+ Year Old Account
    That is incredibly beautiful, good job man.

As much as I hate the 800D for mediocre space for watercooling, and terrible airflow
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Brandizzle that is nothing but beautiful.

okay, my build:
    I5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz
    Gigabyte 670 OC version.
    G-skill Ares 8gb kit.
    WD blue 500gb HDD.
    Crucial M4 128gb SSD for windows, wow, diablo and LoL (still about 50gb free space)
    Corsair TX 650 watt PSU.

Aaand finaly for the change in system and reason for posting: Corsair H100 cpu cooler. Current got 2 120mm fans blowing air through it, with 1 120mm red led fan pulling air through it. the red light is the only reason im using it on the h100 cooler.

http://imgur.com/a/sj7R3#0

Added some red LED lights too. I know my cable management is a mess, but its soon christmas and im going to get a new case.
    My current case is a Fractal arc midi, and the backplate is broken somehow and wont come off unless i really damage the case in the process. Sucks, but whatever, my new case will be one with about as good airflow, and it'll have a window on the side so the red light will look more awesome
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    do any of you guys use cyberpower for these systems? It's been around 7 years since I have built a system and when I return to America in the spring I'm aiming towards building a system for around 2-2.5k. Just kind of nervous being such an amateur and attempting to build such a pricey system.

Roblivion, this is not a question/answer thread, please make a new thread to ask any questions you have. Thank you.