Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    About the VRM cooling. You be the judge which gets you the best milage.
    http://images.bit-tech.net/content_i...gd80/gd802.jpg
    vs
    http://limages.vr-zone.net/body/1570...vlk_1.jpg.jpeg
    Yeah, I definitely see where I have made a bad choice on VRM cooling, might get a new mobo in a few paychecks, or I might just wait till haswell's benches and see if it's worth upgrading, and if it is, just sell my i7 and mobo

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin38924 View Post
    Yeah, I definitely see where I have made a bad choice on VRM cooling, might get a new mobo in a few paychecks, or I might just wait till haswell's benches and see if it's worth upgrading, and if it is, just sell my i7 and mobo
    For now, stick with what you have. No point in replacing as long as it works. Just keep it in mind next time you buy.

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Hell mine can only manage 16x1x. I wish I could just make it 8x8x instead. lol
    My board does PCI-e 3.0 x16 and PCI-e 2.0 x16 but in Crossfire the second slot only operates at x4.

The Z77-V LK does 8x8x 3.0 in CF/SLI.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:30 AM ----------

Not my setup, but just spot this on Facebook feature from BF3's Setup Saturday:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...53499630_n.jpg

Now, isn't that amazing? :O
    i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz|16GB DDR4 2667MHz OC|EVGA GTX 670 FTW|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post

Not bad, but I imagine having that all in your lower-peripheral vision would be insanely distracting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Not bad, but I imagine having that all in your lower-peripheral vision would be insanely distracting.
    I reckon he can turn off the big lights
    i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz|16GB DDR4 2667MHz OC|EVGA GTX 670 FTW|Samsung 830 128GB SSD

I reckon he can turn off the big lights
    I suppose, but I'd probably end up covering a lot of it up. lol
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.

That'd just distract me.
    Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Samsung 951PRO nVME 512GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Crucial MX200 1TB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic X850

Former author of the TankSpot.com Protection Paladin guide

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    The Z77-V LK does 8x8x 3.0 in CF/SLI.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:30 AM ----------

isn't that the swordfish from scan 3xs? (looks very very similar to it else)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    isn't that the swordfish from scan 3xs? (looks very very similar to it else)
    I think it might be inspired by it or be an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    My board does PCI-e 3.0 x16 and PCI-e 2.0 x16 but in Crossfire the second slot only operates at x4.
    So glad my motherboard does 8x / 8x PCIE 3.0 , I'm only running one card but, my Noctua DH14 is a bit too big, so I can't actually fit my GPU in the first slot.

That said, it'd just be better if it had a little more space between the CPU socket and the first PCIE slot, an extra cm or 2 would be good.
    Kuroiwolf - 90 Brewmaster Monk
    Youtube Account Twitch TV
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    So glad my motherboard does 8x / 8x PCIE 3.0 , I'm only running one card but, my Noctua DH14 is a bit too big, so I can't actually fit my GPU in the first slot.

That said, it'd just be better if it had a little more space between the CPU socket and the first PCIE slot, an extra cm or 2 would be good.
    Oh my. Please post a picture!

Herald of the Titans shroudster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post

hmm thought distances between cpu socket and first PCIe slot were the same for every mobo pretty much?
    i managed to fit my 670 with backplate below my dh14. (there is perhaps 2-3mm between the gpu and cpu cooler )

also how come your banner is still up?

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    hmm thought distances between cpu socket and first PCIe slot were the same for every mobo pretty much?
    i managed to fit my 670 with backplate below my dh14. (there is perhaps 2-3mm between the gpu and cpu cooler )

also how come your banner is still up?
    Since his isn't making Chrome flip out, I imagine the issue was fixed and you could fix your banner now, too.

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Nope, they took the worst aspects of the Logitch G13 and put them into the Orbweaver. Unless you have giant hands you can not reach all 4 rows of keys with out moving your hand. With your hand in a natural position your fingers will rest in the "WASD" position with your middle finger on the center button of the second row. In order to reach the 1st/top row of keys you have to move hand or unnaturally stretch your fingers to reach them. Especially the 01 or 05 keys.

They also took away the d-pad/joy-stick combo and made it just a joy-stick. On the Nostromo you can remove the joy-stick and just use the d-pad as extra single press buttons. So it works for keybinds like any other key on the device does. Trying to use it as a joy-stick is almost impossible to be that precise with your thumb. You can never use it to replace your mouse.

The G13 suffers from exactly those same problems. The Orbweaver is beyond pointless.

Edit:
    They get credit for just one thing, they removed the useless wheel and just gave you a normal button.
    Last edited by MMOMODSSUCKDICK; 2013-02-03 at 01:04 AM.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Nope, they took the worst aspects of the Logitch G13 and put them into the Orbweaver. Unless you have giant hands you can not reach all 4 rows of keys with out moving your hand. With your hand in a natural position your fingers will rest in the "WASD" position with your middle finger on the center button of the second row. In order to reach the 1st/top row of keys you have to move hand or unnaturally stretch your fingers to reach them. Especially the 01 or 05 keys.

They also took away the d-pad/joy-stick combo and made it just a joy-stick. On the Nostromo you can remove the joy-stick and just use the d-pad as extra single press buttons. So it works for keybinds like any other key on the device does. Trying to use it as a joy-stick is almost impossible to be that precise with your thumb. You can never use it to replace your mouse.

The G13 suffers from exactly those same problems. The Orbweaver is beyond pointless.

Edit:
    They get credit for just one thing, they removed the useless wheel and just gave you a normal button.
    I use the joystick on my G13 to move my toon in WoW and I've been doing so for 4 years of HC rading and PvP, haven't had a single issue with precision.
    \\ My signature got removed because it was 21,12 Kb over the limitation \\

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    I use the joystick on my G13 to move my toon in WoW and I've been doing so for 4 years of HC rading and PvP, haven't had a single issue with precision.
    That is because WoW does not requiring aiming of any kind. You either click or tab target and that's it. Go play an FPS, especially trying to snipe in a FPS, with that jokestick. Even attempting to use that jokestick will only further complicate things when trying to reach your top row of buttons because of how you have to stretch your hand to reach them.

Compared with having the regular d-pad on my Nostromo the Orbweaver would only give me 2 total extra keybinds, but at the same time 5 of those total keys are in a position that makes them impractical to use.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

That is because WoW does not requiring aiming of any kind. You either click or tab target and that's it. Go play an FPS, especially trying to snipe in a FPS, with that jokestick. Even attempting to use that jokestick will only further complicate things when trying to reach your top row of buttons because of how you have to stretch your hand to reach them.

Compared with having the regular d-pad on my Nostromo the Orbweaver would only give me 2 total extra keybinds, but at the same time 5 of those total keys are in a position that makes them impractical to use.
    Hey man, just wanted to remind you that not everyone has the same size hands.

I usually don't respond to things like this, but really man?
    Define "stretching"

Besides, who in their right mind would use the joystick to snipe with, that's just asking for trouble. It's made to run with. Bind WASD to the right directions of the joystick and you're fine.
    Last edited by Prixie; 2013-02-04 at 12:46 AM.
    \\ My signature got removed because it was 21,12 Kb over the limitation \\

New stuff, Headphones are Bose AE2 and the SSD picture should be self explanatory.

CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4.7GHz MB: ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1-Gaming 1519MHz Boost RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz
    SSD: Samsung 850-EVO 500GB PSU: Corsair RM550 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Monitor: 1440p Dell U2515H 1080p LG 237L-BN IPS
    Current build! (not updated) ||Old Build || Antivirus + Security 10 || AV-TEST 2016