Gold and Cataclysm

So, I'm currently very limited on gold, about 500g. While I'm raiding this is a big problem because I really have to think about what is most important to buy, and still save some left for enchants and gems.

Anyway, I want to stack up some gold before cata, just a few k will be enough, the thing is that I've never been one to farm for gold. The most farming I did was probably when I leveled to 80. I'm not even good at moneymaking generally.

So I was thinking about finishing the quests I have left in northrend which is about 160-170. Assuming on average each gives about 8 gold that would give me about 1.3k gold. If you count the flying (I don't have epic flying) and running, the average gold an hour is very low. Is it even worth it?

I also ruled out the AH completely because it's pretty much wiped clean now.

Doing dailies, of course. I've never done a single daily worth mentioning so Argent tournament isn't any idea. Is there any other daily quest hub in northrend?

All that is left is farming random tbc instances for greens and blues to sell to vendor?

I'd very much like some help with this. I want to be able to afford epic flying before cata hits.

Umm...you're kind of leaving out really good options. I find that the AT dailies are really good. I know you said you didn't do them, but now is the best time start. You want cash, they give cash. You'll get more as you do them. You can net 120-160G a day depending on what you loot for an hours work. Also in Stormpeaks you have the dailies with the Sons of Hodir but you have the same issue, you'll have to do them to open it up more.

Doing the old quests is good and you can do as much as you like in a sitting. If you're going to do dungeons, honestly I'd try to find an old world raid. Made about 300g after doing BWL and that was with 5 people and not killing everything. 20 and 40 man raids have tons of cash because they were designed to be split amongst lost of folks.

GL

You're going to make 4-6k gold from leveling to 85, that is enough gold for the average player. Most serious raiders (such as myself) consider gold a non-issue. As valerius said argent tornament dailies are an easy, but extremely boring option.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
    Umm...you're kind of leaving out really good options. I find that the AT dailies are really good. I know you said you didn't do them, but now is the best time start. You want cash, they give cash. You'll get more as you do them. You can net 120-160G a day depending on what you loot for an hours work. Also in Stormpeaks you have the dailies with the Sons of Hodir but you have the same issue, you'll have to do them to open it up more.

Doing the old quests is good and you can do as much as you like in a sitting. If you're going to do dungeons, honestly I'd try to find an old world raid. Made about 300g after doing BWL and that was with 5 people and not killing everything. 20 and 40 man raids have tons of cash because they were designed to be split amongst lost of folks.

GL
    I'd rather have a steady way of making gold than running around all over trying to do daily quests though. The argent tournament quests require me to fly all around northrend, and when I have nothing else to do there I have to move on to somewhere else. I mean I'm one of those who play many hours a day, like really much, but I don't farm for gold or even try to get it. I mean most weeks I'm up to 50 hours a week, and I only raid 9 hours/week. I'm basically just online running in circles in orgrimmar the rest of the time. I have lots of time each day. I think dailies are more for people who maybe don't play more than an hour a day or something, but just 100g a day is not even close enough to what my goal is.

A steady 200g an hour would do it for me more or less, that I can repeat all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    You're going to make 4-6k gold from leveling to 85, that is enough gold for the average player. Most serious raiders (such as myself) consider gold a non-issue. As valerius said argent tornament dailies are an easy, but extremely boring option.
    I mainly consider gold a non issue also, which is why I don't have any. Those 4-6k gold I will make leveling to 85 will be gone in a day or so because I have to level up my professions and enchant, get a starter set etc. I want to start up with epic flying before cataclysm because I don't want to see it as a problem later on. I'd need what 4k gold with the warsong hold discount, minus the 500 gold I already have makes it 3500g.

Is it possible to farm 3.5k gold in 2 weeks?
    Last edited by Neteyes; 2010-11-25 at 11:14 PM.

Deleted
    Its possible to gain 300g every 30 mins.

Mining my friend, pay Un'goro a visit and do circles for an hour - 500-600g

Quote Originally Posted by Smash View Post
    Its possible to gain 300g every 30 mins.

Mining my friend, pay Un'goro a visit and do circles for an hour - 500-600g
    Assuming thorium bars/ores and mithril are how much each?

55g mithril ores on my realm - Neptulon EU, but they increased spawn rate of all mining ores like triple or even more. Prices will drop very fast & hard.. Blizz didn't even told us that they increased spawn rate.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho View Post
    55g mithril ores on my realm - Neptulon EU, but they increased spawn rate of all mining ores like triple or even more. Prices will drop very fast & hard.. Blizz didn't even told us that they increased spawn rate.
    So, mining is not any viable money making profession now?

Neteyes, peopel are throwing good ideas to you.

Either use em or don't , but to say that you prefer 200g per hour tip or a 200g per day tip , on the base reason , that you prefer running around dalaran where had you done the 200g per day like 3 months back ( since you play that much as you say ) you would have had everything you needed by now.

guess running around dalaran and people handing you money is better, not even irl will you see people offer you a job paying the money you desire per hour.

here is my idea.

kill mobs , sell drops , sell trash , get money.

10+ Year Old Account
    It kinda comes off as if you want the gold but you're not willing to kick start the (eventually) easy road to getting it.

Which is what most of us do. All I can suggest left is grind low level instances, and sell everything, but unless you have a travellers tundra mammoth/jeeves for the junk, you're STILL going to be running around doing lots of things.

Sorry but gold horders dont just sit and play on the auction house, ...We do that too, but we have to keep the influx and outflux of items going into the AH too...
    After that grind it's surprising if you ever need gold again, but you have to be willing to get off your arse and do it.

Level Jewelcrafting, Enchanting and Alchemy on a few characters and use them. It's insanely easy to make money. Of course I wouldn't try to use them until Cata hits but trust me they will make money. I think I made 15k gold in about 2 weeks just making flasks and I bought the mats to make them. Trust me utilize the professions!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelister View Post
    Neteyes, peopel are throwing good ideas to you.

Either use em or don't , but to say that you prefer 200g per hour tip or a 200g per day tip , on the base reason , that you prefer running around dalaran where had you done the 200g per day like 3 months back ( since you play that much as you say ) you would have had everything you needed by now.

guess running around dalaran and people handing you money is better, not even irl will you see people offer you a job paying the money you desire per hour.

here is my idea.

kill mobs , sell drops , sell trash , get money.
    Now, why would I only go for 200g/day when I play so much longer? The max I could get doing dailies until cata is like 2k gold. I don't understand your reasoning. Why would I prefer 200g per day over 200g per hour on any occasion? And saying I should've done dailies 3 months back, why? I had no reason to do it. 3 months back I was raiding alot, and frankly, after raiding I didn't even want to think about running around doing quests all over northrend.

People are throwing me good ideas, yes. But the way I play none of them are viable except mining but as riflemancho said mining is basically useless for making money if it's true that the ores have multiplied.

Deleted
    Especially farming low/mediocre lvl gathering mats can make quite some money depending on realm. Some people are just too lazy to get mats themselves and just buy everything of the Auction House. And as Valerius said, BWL and any other raid that seems fairly easy to do with 1-3 people can get tons of money. I do MC and AQ40 with a friend of mine every week which ends up getting 1000g+ total. Selling drops and getting money loot.Karazhan is also a very good place to farm money as it can be done very easily by 2 people and you might just get a mount in the process :>

oh god , i've been feeding a troll.....i fell for it , i admit it..

10+ Year Old Account
    the Icecrown gunship dailies can give a decent ammount of money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neteyes View Post
    I'd rather have a steady way of making gold than running around all over trying to do daily quests though. The argent tournament quests require me to fly all around northrend, and when I have nothing else to do there I have to move on to somewhere else. I mean I'm one of those who play many hours a day, like really much, but I don't farm for gold or even try to get it. I mean most weeks I'm up to 50 hours a week, and I only raid 9 hours/week. I'm basically just online running in circles in orgrimmar the rest of the time. I have lots of time each day. I think dailies are more for people who maybe don't play more than an hour a day or something, but just 100g a day is not even close enough to what my goal is.

A steady 200g an hour would do it for me more or less, that I can repeat all day.

I mainly consider gold a non issue also, which is why I don't have any. Those 4-6k gold I will make leveling to 85 will be gone in a day or so because I have to level up my professions and enchant, get a starter set etc. I want to start up with epic flying before cataclysm because I don't want to see it as a problem later on. I'd need what 4k gold with the warsong hold discount, minus the 500 gold I already have makes it 3500g.

Is it possible to farm 3.5k gold in 2 weeks?
    dude there like 20 dailies in northrend that will take u like 2 hours to day and u can make like 400-500 gold if u do them all. The AT dailies take les then an hour and there liek 150 gold.