Thread: Launch Day

Deleted

Launch Day

Guys, do you remember if there was a Server Restart routine at like 11.45 PM when WotLK went live? I mean, it sounds weird to just go from current to cata if the servers arent rebooting at midnight. Tom Chilton said:

TC: Yeah, when we launch on December 7th that will be very seamless, and that's designed to not require server downtime. That will be more like it was with Burning Crusade and Lich King, at the stroke of midnight... boom you can go to the new areas.

Gotta mean there will be a server restart, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they feel a restart is necessary, there will be one. If they don't, then yes, everything will just become active all of a sudden, just like when holidays start and all the decorations suddenly appear.

I can definitely understand how there would be confusion on this subject, it is VERY difficult to understand what he said. Allow me to help you.

He said "Boom you can go to the new areas."

He did not say "Boom. You can go to the new areas. After a 15 minute batch of rolling restarts for all the realms."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luto View Post
    I can definitely understand how there would be confusion on this subject, it is VERY difficult to understand what he said. Allow me to help you.

He said "Boom you can go to the new areas."

He did not say "Boom. You can go to the new areas. After a 15 minute batch of rolling restarts for all the realms."
    No reason to be a jackass. It matters to me, 'cause I have 25 dalies to turn in two seconds after they give XP. Not 2 seconds before. And if I'm Icecrown and the only way to see if cataclysm's been activated is if there is an ! sign on the board on SW, then well yeah, it kinda matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staxen1 View Post
    No reason to be a jackass. It matters to me, 'cause I have 25 dalies to turn in two seconds after they give XP. Not 2 seconds before. And if I'm Icecrown and the only way to see if cataclysm's been activated is if there is an ! sign on the board on SW, then well yeah, it kinda matter.
    Your experience bar showing up should be a pretty good indication too.

Deleted
    It matters to me, 'cause I have 25 dalies to turn in two seconds after they give XP.
    Without wanting to be a troll, this is exactly the reason I won't help you in any way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Your experience bar showing up should be a pretty good indication too.
    Don't think so. Right now it shows 16754 / 1686300 and I doubt it'll change much when cata activates

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Without wanting to be a troll, this is exactly the reason I won't help you in any way.
    Heh, and why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think so. Right now it shows 16754 / 1686300 and I doubt it'll change much when cata activates
    You mean you're not 80 yet? Or you have an addon that forces it to appear? >.>

I'm sorry you have terrible reading comprehension.

The EU servers were not restarted prior to the launch of WoTLK.

I cannot speak for the US servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luto View Post
    I'm sorry you have terrible reading comprehension.
    Yeah I'm sorry too. Allow me to correct this terrible act of madness and rephrase the question:

Do you think I will notice the transition to cataclysm from my position in Icecrown in any other way than possibly via the XP-bar?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will simply "flick a switch" and as stated above, the new content will be available.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 12:55 AM ----------

Heh, and why is that?
    use teh wow UI and it wont appear untill u need xp

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm sorry too. Allow me to correct this terrible act of madness and rephrase the question:

Do you think I will notice the transition to cataclysm from my position in Icecrown in any other way than possibly via the XP-bar?
    Well, you could look at the built-in clock too.

When the clock says 12:01am PST. Again, this was stated by blues. Reading is your friend.