Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can this get you banned?

Can fishing into cataclysm water from an old world spot and catching cataclysm fish get you banned?

If you did get banned...that is horrible! Not even a warning???

That is what I get from what you wrote. Unless there is more to it.

OT: You shouldn't get banned. That would suck.
    Last edited by Killerjam; 2010-11-26 at 02:52 AM. Reason: fixed

Deleted
    its already hotfixed, check front page

cant do it any more anyway they hotfixed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    was watching some people standing in Tanaris water and fishing over into uldum water and they were still catching the fish this was like 1 min ago
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as your account is flagged for Cataclysm, you should be fine.

I can confirm its still working, not all spots are hotfixed. I have not been banned I have been doing it though i have a ticket opened about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    was watching some people standing in Tanaris water and fishing over into uldum water and they were still catching the fish this was like 1 min ago
    From what I read, they'll only be able to catch regular fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be considered exploiting. If you find a spot, just report it (after you are done filling your bags).

Deleted
    If you wonder 99% of the time it is best to not do it...

Exploits are exploits and blizzard looks down upon them. If you even have to ask, then don't bother, it's not worth the risk imo. This sounds like the same thing about people trying to exploit getting into new zones without being ported, obviously thats more of an exploit but its still an exploit.

Like getting to GM island back in the day, just cause you can doesn't mean blizz won't penalise you for it.

They mentioned you can do it if you have already purchased Cata. If you haven't upgraded yet then it is not possible anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik120 View Post
    They mentioned you can do it if you have already purchased Cata. If you haven't upgraded yet then it is not possible anymore.
    You sir are wrong i can still catch cata stuff withount being upgraded.

Its exploiting, so i would say it can get you banned if you get caught.
    Everyone can piss on the floor. So be a hero, and shit on the ceiling.

November 24

* Players should now be able to champion a capital city and earn reputation in Heroic and normal Wrath of the Lich King dungeons while wearing that city's tabard.
    * Players are no longer required to discover Wrath of the Lich King dungeons before accessing them via Looking For Dungeon.
    * Players should no longer be interrupted when eating or drinking in a Battleground before the battle starts.
    * Many former Steamwheedle Goblins have switched over to the Gadgetzan faction. If a players happens to be "At War" with these NPCs, they will no longer attack in many areas.
    * Collision has been removed from Argent Tournament banners so they can no longer block players.
    * The door to the Alliance Keep in Isle of Conquest should again be closed at the beginning of the battle.
    * Creatures spawned during the Hadronox encounter no longer award reputation.
    * After changing races to tauren and learning the Sunwalker Kodo mounts, they continue to remain available after porting, zoning, and relogging.
    * Trapjaw Rix no longer has a duplicate manifestation standing on top of himself.
    * Players can no longer catch new high-level fish when fishing near level 80-85 zones unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm.

Deleted
    I'm surprised that soooooooooooooo many people ask "Can I do stuff that has to do with unreleased content and NOT get banned???" when the answer is clear:

UNRELEASED CONTENT = DO NOT DO IT!

Catas is so close, no point getting banned just because you want to be one tiny step ahead...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I know what it says, as I said why would they turn off some spots even for people that have pre-bought cata?

Also as was mentioned above some people without the upgrade can fish cata fish still.

So I interpret it as you account actually HAS to have cata active which you can't have until the 7'th.
    Not to sound dickish, but it does say "unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm." I take that as meaning, anyone who has upgraded their account to Cataclysm can fish up the high-level fish. If they didn't want the people who already upgraded to Cataclysm to get them either, then it wouldn't have the "unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm," on the end of it.
    Last edited by Mildennais; 2010-11-26 at 03:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mildennais View Post
    Not to sound dickish, but it does say "unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm." I take that as meaning, anyone who has upgraded their account to Cataclysm can fish up the high-level fish.
    If you check your battle.net account, you'll see it has yet to be upgraded to Cataclysm, even if you have pre-ordered it. So this means: Do not do it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    If you check your battle.net account, you'll see it has yet to be upgraded to Cataclysm, even if you have pre-ordered it. So this means: Do not do it.
    Mine says "Cataclysm (Upgrade Complete)"

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post

Sure looks like it's upgraded to Cataclysm to me.

Anyway, while the blue post was pretty unclear, I would consider this an exploit and won't risk it.