Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lawl stories from WotlK children.

So I have my MM hunter main in 232 epics. I don't raid because of work and time, but I do loves me some 5-mans. The tank, from no where, says that I should go Survival until I get my armor penetration up. Mind you this all took place not more than an hour ago... I told him that it doesn't matter because there is going to be a gear reset in a week. That, and I don't raid. I get what I can from 5 mans and below. He then told me that it would still double my DPS. ...Again I said there is going to be a gear reset, no big deal. I also kindly let him know that Armor pen had been gone since 4.0.1.

I told him it's pretty rude to give advice to people who don't ask for it. He then said in a jumble of spelling errors that, "If someone was drowning, wouldn't you tell them to kick their feet?" I kindly reminded him this is a GAME not LIFE. I saw him in full epics and got the general idea as to why he thought what he did. Typical nothing-better-to-do-in-life-but-raider.

However... I was shocked by what I saw next... He was tanking in half Resilience gear... it was a ZOMGBBQWTFHEADEXPLODE moment.

I swear, WotLK has really spoiled a lot of people. To quote Yahtzee, "The bar has been set so low it's on the floor of Satan's wine cellar." It's gonna be frustrating to see how many people rage quit when they discover they have to use their brains to do heroics again.

Got a similar story?

15+ Year Old Account
    A few, actually, but ... i don't see the point in posting them. It's not like they are gonna stop, not even in cataclysm.

True, but they always make me smile. =)

I think its funny how people imply stupid people didnt exist in vanilla or BC
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    Oh, they sure did exist.

The stupidness from vanilla evolved.

Oh. They were there... But Wrath multiplied the number of them by about 10 times. AND encouraged stupidity with easy rewards without having to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    im confused. how is that a wrath baby?

also yep...... everyone was so smart in tbc and vanilla. its only in wrath where stupid ppl joined the game

To clarify a common misinterpretation; there were just as much stupid people in Vanilla and BC. In Wrath of the Lich King, gear was more accessible through the new badge system, and more stupid players were able to access the content. In burning crusade, they were stuck in Karazhan the whole expansion unless they got carried by good guilds.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

10+ Year Old Account
    To clarify a common misinterpretation; there were just as much stupid people in Vanilla and BC. In Wrath of the Lich King, gear was more accessible through the new badge system, and more stupid players were able to access the content. In burning crusade, they were stuck in Karazhan the whole expansion unless they got carried by good guilds.
    oh trust me i had plenty of stupid ppl in bt even before the attunment got removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rejie View Post
    So I have my MM hunter main in 232 epics. I don't raid because of work and time, but I do loves me some 5-mans. The tank, from no where, says that I should go Survival until I get my armor penetration up. Mind you this all took place not more than an hour ago... I told him that it doesn't matter because there is going to be a gear reset in a week. That, and I don't raid. I get what I can from 5 mans and below. He then told me that it would still double my DPS. ...Again I said there is going to be a gear reset, no big deal. I also kindly let him know that Armor pen had been gone since 4.0.1.

I told him it's pretty rude to give advice to people who don't ask for it. He then said in a jumble of spelling errors that, "If someone was drowning, wouldn't you tell them to kick their feet?" I kindly reminded him this is a GAME not LIFE. I saw him in full epics and got the general idea as to why he thought what he did. Typical nothing-better-to-do-in-life-but-raider.

However... I was shocked by what I saw next... He was tanking in half Resilience gear... it was a ZOMGBBQWTFHEADEXPLODE moment.

I swear, WotLK has really spoiled a lot of people. To quote Yahtzee, "The bar has been set so low it's on the floor of Satan's wine cellar." It's gonna be frustrating to see how many people rage quit when they discover they have to use their brains to do heroics again.

Got a similar story?
    Going to say you were wrong on a few things.

1. his advice was plainly wrong but you didn't do any better telling him to stfu, more or less by saying it's rude to give advice when none is asked. It is NOT wrong to give advice when you see ppl fail. Ppl who fail do so because they are either too ignorant to know they fail or are just plainly stupid. Not giving them advice will not improve their performance ever. Though granted, in this case the advice was a wrong one.

2. please don't tell me you're one of those whiners who play wow a few hours a week or just do pvp, and holds everyone who actually raids, in contempt. Like raiding = basement living fat kid. Because if you do think that, you and me are gonna have a ball.

3. Tanking in pvp gear or dps gear is ok today as everyone's health pools, dps and healer power is off the charts, making heroics a breeze without designated tank gear. I'm a dk and tank hcs in frost spec and pve dps gear and have absolutely no issues in hcs.

Sorry but with this post you did nothing but prove you are just as ignorant as the other guy.
    Last edited by mmoca0eed44a6a; 2010-11-26 at 10:13 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK allowed more slacking. You can solo 3-5 man quests. The new (experimental) raiding system made raiding and gathering gear mind numbing and static. The WOTLK generation takes getting epics, and this game for granted.

The Cataclysm generation will breed a smarter generation of new players. Why?

- You have "Jump out of the shit" quests at lower levels. And even in low-level encounters.
    - You have more difficult low-level instances, with special, and harder encounters. Bosses have more HP, etc.
    - You have new, inteligent quests around the world. Some quests that teaches you stuff you need at high-end gaming.
    - Overall, you are teached important skills early. And there is more learning at lower levels, instead of the "kill kill, gather gather" mind numbing style.
    - The whole game is helping you. The UI and the helping system.
    - etc, etc, etc. You name it!

WOTLK made WoW a game where you stand in Dalaran. Your job is to gather epics by going heroic after heroic to get emblems for your "free gear". Wotlk made a generation of spoiled players. This is true...

If you are a new player now, ENJOY IT. Because WOTLK was a "bad" time for starting. This game is better than ever for new players!

Oh, the story:

I ran RFC with my friends last night. The tank left after the fel-boss in the middle. Skipping level 15 instances, come on? Another WOTLK error.
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2010-11-26 at 10:03 AM.

Deleted
    Title misleading. Children = 5-12 year olds; youre looking for Kiddies (childlike behaving players, no matter the age).

I frequently give advice even if not asked for it as many people are a) to proud about themselves (calling him nolifer does point you to that category) or b) dont know where to get the info and are really really lost in the complex game.
    Its less about gear but more about skills and talents to use but when I see hunters equipping spellpower/int trinkets I just have to ask them why.

I could tell you just this moment that you could be full 245 with a good amount of 264 even if you just do 5-man instances without grinding them but I dont (actually I just did >.<). Him talking about drowning was a figure of speech and has nothing to do with real life or virtual reality.

But to not attack you across the board: I do know people that are happy with what they have and do not want to improve at this or that point and a good friend gets stressed out if I tell her what would be better. Its like when Im in a computer store and overhear an employee giving advice on gaming computers. I go over and check the specs and ask those people what they are aiming for (games they want to play) and then correct the advice if it was off. Not like they asked me but I havent had a complaint about it ever. Employees are 80-90% out there to SELL stuff and dont have the expertise to give adequate advice. I dont trust them.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    WOTLK allowed more slacking. You can solo 3-5 man quests. The new (experimental) raiding system made raiding and gathering gear mind numbing and static. The WOTLK generation takes getting epics, and this game for granted.
    because running the same bosses for ages like it has been since vanilla and hasnt much changed until now was very exciting and new each time! xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Going to say you were wrong on a few things.

1. his advice was plainly wrong but you didn't do any better telling him to stfu, more or less but saying it's rude to give advice when none is asked. It is NOT wrong to give advice when you see ppl fail. Ppl who fail do so because they are either too ignorant to know they fail or are just plainly stupid. Not giving them advice will not improve their performance ever. Though granted, in this case the advice was a wrong one.

2. please don't tell me you're one of those whiners who play wow a few hours a week or just do pvp, and holds everyone who actually raids, in contempt. Like raiding = basement living fat kid. Because if you do think that, you and me are gonna have a ball.

3. Tanking in pvp gear or dps gear is ok today as everyone's health pools, dps and healer power is off the charts. Making heroics a breeze without designated tank gear. I tank hcs in frost spec and pve dps gear and have absolutely no issues in hcs.

Sorry but with this post you did nothing but prove you are just as ignorant as the other guy.
    if you're a raider then you probably are a basement living fat kid, seeing as your name is pie eater...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because gathering almost the best tier of gear, by literaly standing in Dalaran happened in Vanilla. Come on

10+ Year Old Account
    And everyone who started in wotlk is bad.

yeah. /sarcasm

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    Title misleading. Children = 5-12 year olds; youre looking for Kiddies (childlike behaving players, no matter the age).

I frequently give advice even if not asked for it as many people are a) to proud about themselves (calling him nolifer does point you to that category) or b) dont know where to get the info and are really really lost in the complex game.
    Its less about gear but more about skills and talents to use but when I see hunters equipping spellpower/int trinkets I just have to ask them why.

I could tell you just this moment that you could be full 245 with a good amount of 264 even if you just do 5-man instances without grinding them but I dont (actually I just did >.<). Him talking about drowning was a figure of speech and has nothing to do with real life or virtual reality.

But to not attack you across the board: I do know people that are happy with what they have and do not want to improve at this or that point and a good friend gets stressed out if I tell her what would be better. Its like when Im in a computer store and overhear an employee giving advice on gaming computers. I go over and check the specs and ask those people what they are aiming for (games they want to play) and then correct the advice if it was off. Not like they asked me but I havent had a complaint about it ever. Employees are 80-90% out there to SELL stuff and dont have the expertise to give adequate advice. I dont trust them.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 10:55 AM ----------

because running the same bosses for ages like it has been since vanilla and hasnt much changed until now was very exciting and new each time! xD
    Because gathering almost the best tier of gear, by literaly standing in Dalaran happened in Vanilla. Come on
    I don't blame Blizzard. It was experimental, and let's hope that they learned from it.

EDIT:
    Oh, misread! Sorry :P

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    And everyone who started in wotlk is bad.

yeah. /sarcasm
    No, it was just a bad time to start this game. Considering the whole expansion was a huge experiment from Blizzards side.
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2010-11-26 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    "Wrath Baby" is a term invented by wrath babies who want to elevate themselves from other wrath babies.

Personally I never cared much for people stupidity - it's a fact that WotLK PvE has been a cake walk in almost every regard - it doesn't matter if you were a die-hard theorycrafter and creative player or just an ignorant, lazy retard - you will still achieve your goals.

Beacuse WotLK made it imposible for anyone to fail, no matter how much they sucked.

Came back a month ago (after a year break), left my old warrior which I had since 2005 behind. Leveled a new Warr from scratch on a new server, 2 weeks from dinging I'm 5,6 / 4,9 gs fury/prot, capped on 4k JP and HP, almost maxed 2 crafting profs and epic flying .
    Haven't set foot in ICC and due to work/personal schedule I only play roughly 4 nights a week...

I mean... if this is not a cake walk than what is??

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astroape View Post
    "Wrath Baby" is a term invented by wrath babies who want to elevate themselves from other wrath babies.

Personally I never cared much for people stupidity - it's a fact that WotLK PvE has been a cake walk in almost every regard - it doesn't matter if you were a die-hard theorycrafter and creative player or just an ignorant, lazy retard - you will still achieve your goals.

Beacuse WotLK made it imposible for anyone to fail, no matter how much they sucked.

Came back a month ago (after a year break), left my old warrior which I had since 2004 behind. Leveled a new Warr from scratch on a new server, 2 weeks from dinging I'm 5,6 / 4,9 gs fury/prot, capped on 4k JP and HP, almost maxed 2 crafting profs and epic flying .
    Haven't set foot in ICC and due to work/personal schedule I only play roughly 4 nights a week...

I mean... if this is not a cake walk than what is??
    This was the sentence i was looking for. WOTLK made it impossible for anyone to fail.

I ran SFK with my mates last night, and i was amazed by the new abilities, and the new encounters. We actually died a few times, and it is fun!
    And that is a level 20 instance.. It felt like the hardest WOTLK HC.

Deleted
    So giving people advice makes you a "nothing-better-to-do-in-life-but-raider" ? There can be discussion about specs, gear etc without brainless arguing.

---------- Post added 2010-11-26 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Astroape View Post

2 weeks from dinging I'm 5,6 / 4,9 gs fury/prot, capped on 4k JP and HP, almost maxed 2 crafting profs and epic flying .
    You said Wrath makes it impossible to fail but you also said you've never been to ICC. Most people judge their success rate on their progress. No-one actually pays any attention to gearscore.

I'm not judging you for not raiding, I'm just saying getting a high gearscore and lots of JP soon after dinging is not 'success'.