Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    yeah this is really frustrating : \

Me and my little brother are having the same issue as well.

We we're questing together and the both of us simultaneously dc'd.

I can't even open up the launcher. Giving the message of "Launcher cannot obtain patching information. Please check your Internet configuration."

This time i just got DC'd once loaded, instead of booted to character window. I have never had this many different types of problems all happen all at once... What the hell is going on? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardelia View Post
    Don't bother currently, you are going to sit at a loading screen then just get D/Ced
    I don't have any problems at all.

And this error message is the typical error of not being able to connect to the update/game servers. You are most likely behind a firewall.

Got back in. Might be a fluke. All i can recommend is to right click and run your launcher(or launcher shortcut) as admin. Thats all i did that was special, and eventually after many times of tying to load into the game, i finally did...

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kueson View Post
    This time i just got DC'd once loaded, instead of booted to character window. I have never had this many different types of problems all happen all at once... What the hell is going on? lol
    i have never seen anything like this happen before, it's like 6 different problems bunched together at one time. I cant tell if its blizz or the Isp

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I don't have any problems at all.

And this error message is the typical error of not being able to connect to the update/game servers. You are most likely behind a firewall.
    So ALL of us magically had a firewall popup just to block our Wow and the battle.net website? I run Comodo and it is currently disabled so I can guarantee you that is not the issue.
    Last edited by Ardelia; 2010-11-26 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So ALL of us magically had a firewall popup just to block our Wow? I run Comodo and it is currently disabled so I can guarantee you that is not the issue.
    Then its the ISP. And a proxy will indeed let you go round whatever your isp has blocked as long as the proxy has another isp.
    So id suggest you to call your ISP to ask whats up.

>.>

Just teleported out of the instance I was running while i got my DC. Now I'm stuck at the loading screen, and its just not loading anything this time.

So thats what, the 8th or 9th different problem added to my list? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Then its the ISP. And a proxy will indeed let you go round whatever your isp has blocked as long as the proxy has another isp.
    So id suggest you to call your ISP to ask whats up.
    I was going with ISP, until the fact that my friend, who also has Time Warner is connecting no problem. (He is my neighbor)

EDIT: And now I am connecting fine.

So ALL of us magically had a firewall popup just to block our Wow and the battle.net website? I run Comodo and it is currently disabled so I can guarantee you that is not the issue.
    Yeah it's definitely not the Anti virus software

10+ Year Old Account
    Gahhhh, i'm having the same problem, Time Warner here too, i'm so frustrated. i'm glad i'm not the only one, though.

My connection to the game is fine now, the website on the other hand >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm still stuck at "success!" when i log in.

Edit ;; i managed to get to the tech support forums and there is a post about the issue, however the website died again on me before i could open it. ~_~
    Last edited by Tayla; 2010-11-26 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going with ISP, until the fact that my friend, who also has Time Warner is connecting no problem. (He is my neighbor)

EDIT: And now I am connecting fine.
    Well, good that it is solved, but the fact that your neighbour can connect and you cant doesnt mean its not the ISP. He can have a different service package and all.

Anyway, it works now for all of you, enjoy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tayla View Post
    i'm still stuck at "success!" when i log in.

Edit ;; i managed to get to the tech support forums and there is a post about the issue, however the website died again on me before i could open it. ~_~
    I'm stuck at logging into game server.

Wow it figures that would happen lol...
    Last edited by Nyc91; 2010-11-26 at 10:25 AM.

Is it still happening for anyone else?

I'm still unable to log in...

I don't know if this is the place to ask but I'll do it. After downloading the 4.0.0 patch from the launcher for about 12 hours, I started the updater and after some time (about 20-30%) I got the following message:

The file "D:\Games\World Of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King\Data\expansion2.MPQ.temp" could not be opened. (OpenRepackTarget::Execute)

I'm currently rechecking the updater by running the downloader again and we will see what happens, but I will be happy If someone can tell me what this means.
    P.S. does anyone know how much disc space does 4.0.0 need? Thanks in advance.
    Nobody is perfect. I am nobody. I am perfect.