BS Sockets Moved to Eng?

I already looked through the new recipe lists, but I thought I would ask anyways. Some of my guildies told me after some research on the beta, Eng will be picking up the ability to gain sockets to bracers. As a melee dps warrior, should I be planning on redoing my blacksmithing to Eng as the best choice for pve dps? I honestly can't see what's changed. The only reason I am BS is for the extra sockets, is Eng now a better dps upgrade in Cataclysm for melee dps warrior?

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if im wrong, but we will use the same 425 BS sockets in cataclysm, as they werent removed from the list nor have a ilvl limitation.

But yes, engineering is looking FAR superior for dps.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big difference with Eng is the glove tinkers. Look those over, compared them to the BS slots.

The cogwheel and hydraulic socketables aren't for extra Eng-only sockets, they're for special sockets in the Engineering goggles, which let you customize them to the exact stats you want.

Engineer gets to socket bracers? Where's that? Did I really not see this one up until now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Engineer gets to socket bracers? Where's that? Did I really not see this one up until now?
    Same here. I think sockets will stay for BS.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, but we will use the same 425 BS sockets in cataclysm, as they werent removed from the list nor have a ilvl limitation.

But yes, engineering is looking FAR superior for dps.
    Unless of course you try and use one of the engineering abilities like the Nitro Boosts or the Belt Shield and kill yourself and possibly everyone else in the raid.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The big difference with Eng is the glove tinkers. Look those over, compared them to the BS slots.

The cogwheel and hydraulic socketables aren't for extra Eng-only sockets, they're for special sockets in the Engineering goggles, which let you customize them to the exact stats you want.
    This. Also BS keep their 2 sockets that now only cost 4 Strong Flux
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/55641/socket-gloves/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/55628/socket-bracer/
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Unless of course you try and use one of the engineering abilities like the Nitro Boosts or the Belt Shield and kill yourself and possibly everyone else in the raid.
    Nitro boosts is not meant for 85
    Shield cannot kill you as far as I know

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Nitro boosts is unsure what it's meant for at 85.

Shield has a chance to taunt everything within 40 yards onto you, so if you're not a tank and use it (or possibly if you are a tank, depending on the situation), you can screw everybody over.

I was having loads of fun with Nitro Boots in instances today, popped the CD in HoL and I was propelled far above the actual instance, could see half of it at once, luckily I could bubble as well. A mage in my guild was doing the same today and he was able to slowfall to other areas, not attempting to exploit, was a random unintentional event.

There are no level requirements on the tinkers, so Nitro Boosts would be just as effective at 85 as they are now. They also added in a brand new failure effect, and have changed the way they work so they can now fail in raids. I doubt they went through that effort so that Engineering will be different for the next 10 days until the expansion is released.

And here is the new shield failure spell:
    Painful Shock
    Instant
    Delivers an extremely painful static shock to all enemies within 40 yards. The shock does no damage, but will taunt all targets to attack you for 4 sec.

Taunting the dragon to turn around and breathe on your entire raid doesn't seem like the best idea.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Nitro boosts is unsure what it's meant for at 85.
    Blizzard do not want people using old enchants on their gear
    If there is not a new version that uses Cata materials then the increased malfunction chance is their way of saying "don't use this"

And in that case you just use the cloaking enchant instead.
    Useless for mages but a nice threat drop for anyone else, or at least wipe avoidance if it doesn't remove threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post

Taunting the dragon to turn around and breathe on your entire raid doesn't seem like the best idea.
    It's the sort of thing you'd only use when the boss is attacking you anyway. Only an idiot would use it in that kind of situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellemental View Post
    It's the sort of thing you'd only use when the boss is attacking you anyway. Only an idiot would use it in that kind of situation.
    If a boss would attack me, I'd get 1 shotted.

I'd use it to absorb some nasty ability in a raid encounter to ease the life of a healer but if it pulls a big dragon to me, I'll have to refrain myself from saving a healer some mana.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellemental View Post
    And even then it becomes useless in a lot of situations, like any boss fight with adds which need to be off-tanked.

Useless for mages but a nice threat drop for anyone else, or at least wipe avoidance if it doesn't remove threat.
    Useless for anyone in a raid, actually. It only works out of combat.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2010-11-27 at 10:09 PM.

Permanently attaches thousands of tiny mirrors to your belt, allowing you to turn invisible while out of combat. Can be activated once every 5 min.
    It's not. It's just a gimmick for out of combat fun.
    If it would be in combat it's just like Shadowmeld (which would make it great tbh)...

Deleted
    To the people claiming engineering is awesome for PvE dps, I would suggest you get your head checked asap.Engineering except for spell caster (for whom it might be equal at best) is freaking terrible for physical dps classes, the old haste enchant has been nerfed and there is no new one as far as latest updates on proffesions have shown.

The only thing physical dps classes got was some shit glove enchant that does nature damage at more than two times the cooldown of the old rocket glove enchant.Bombs are gone as well and we got some bolt gun that is only close to decent thing.
    Those who compare engineering in this state to blacksmithing for physical dps classes, seriously stop embarasing yourselves.

The only items in the game that have cogwheel sockets are the eng helm and unless blizzard is planning on adding more eng helm recipes for higher tiers, Cogwheel sockets and cogwheels will be useless past the first tier of cataclysm.

Disappointing this fun profession got nerfed to the ground.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is sad that they nerfed it so hard, but it was becoming the new JC like in early wrath. It was getting to be too good and everyone and their mother was becoming an engi.