Smile Feral or Boomkin!

hey guy i've played feral for the past 2 years and done some resto too but i was thinking of maybe going boomkin in cata to try something new. i know people say play what u love to play but i love my druid in general all specs...but never tried boomkin. so my question is to the balance druids out there is boomkin a very good dps class? is there rotation hard to get down? any advice would help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rioik View Post
    hey guy i've played feral for the past 2 years and done some resto too but i was thinking of maybe going boomkin in cata to try something new. i know people say play what u love to play but i love my druid in general all specs...but never tried boomkin. so my question is to the balance druids out there is boomkin a very good dps class? is there rotation hard to get down? any advice would help thanks
    feral dps can be extremely good if you learn how to play the rotation well. But then again so can boomkins. and fights with movement won't matter as much either because ferals bleeds are a huge portion of it's damage which stay on the target even when you switch. I for one am going boomkin because i also heal and i can use the spirit form my healing gear as hit rating for boomkin; And reforge some of it if i want to perma switch.

Deleted
    I like my doomkin, it's fun to play as a moonkin and the rotation is easy to get into your head. Easier than feral cat i would say :P

Boomkin is really fun in PVE, terrible in PVP ( at 80 ).

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for some change, Casterclysm will be a good time to try it out. I mean, if you're good at Feral and you are consistently high on the DPS charts, then stick with it 'cause Feral is respectable; it takes a lot of skill. If you wanna play Moonkin (which I made the switch to not too long ago) more power to you, I was no good at Feral personally (partially due to some latency issues). Balance is a ton of fun and damn good for soloing with the armour buff they get. Just takes a while to get used to not having the 30% movement speed buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Boomkin is really fun in PVE, terrible in PVP ( at 80 ).
    Pre 4.0.1 of course. With the changes of resilience and our spells currently i don t feel bad @ pvp, at all. Always top kill on bg (ofc i know that isn t a prove of skill, but it proves that the class isn t useless), win on most duels. We have a lot of utility and burst. The only thing we needs is a 'ohsHHHt' button like most of other classes and not a lolbarkskin (maybe thorns on 2-3 min cd that does a lot of damage, using it like a shield...dunno, dispellable of course)
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Deleted
    ... i love my druid in general all specs...but never tried boomkin.
    Contradicting yourself there a bit.

I had this issue myself shortly before WotLK came out. I had been Feral leveling up and then Resto while raiding so i'd never experienced a Boomkin. I had leveled a mage to 70 as well and loved ranged dps so i decided to try it out. I've never looked back. All i can say is to try it out and see for yourself. Some people prefer feral, some balance.
    Moonkin dance! /dance

I too have problems between the two after tanking for so long. I tried feral cat for a long time and I loved it then decided to switch to Boomkin just to try it. For some reason my server doesn't see cats useful at all so I kept into Boomkin. I think you should just try both and switch later on and pick the one you really like or have both with dual spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaturgha View Post
    Contradicting yourself there a bit.

I had this issue myself shortly before WotLK came out. I had been Feral leveling up and then Resto while raiding so i'd never experienced a Boomkin. I had leveled a mage to 70 as well and loved ranged dps so i decided to try it out. I've never looked back. All i can say is to try it out and see for yourself. Some people prefer feral, some balance.
    Moonkin dance! /dance
    I do agree, /dance is very good

I say go boomkin mate because then you can double up ur boomkin gear as resto... win win
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    play what you love... it's honestly the best advice cause it only makes sense.

If you want to play boomkin then play boomkin. I cant make the decisions for you in wow. I think you answered your own question though