Thread: Is healing fun?

Deleted

Is healing fun?

I got my Paladin alt to 80 and I´m done with prot gear, but have around 6k JP atm (buying and selling stuff every 2h) and i can´t make up my mind if I want to go ret or holy.
    I have absolutely no big plans as its ~10 days to expansion and i just want to have some fun with some fresh aspect of the game until then.

I have both shaman, priest and druid in caster gears and i could rank them as this in "fun factor" priest->shaman->druid (i dont care about about hps as long its fun to keep ppl up from dying=many buttons to push depending on situation)

And i think holy paladins might be fun, with all the "additional" stuff like hands of salvations/freedom and dmg reducing abilitys, but i have this prejudice/bias that paladins are 1 button tank healers, is this still true?

Go ret for leveling in cata. Quests will give more exp thn dungeons. But to answer your question, yes, I find healing fun. I plan on going holy once I hit 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a healer from MC up until SSC, where I went prot for Tidewalker as needed. Ended up staying prot once Hyjal came out, and have stayed a tank ever since. Holy will always be my true love, and it currently serves as my dual-spec.

Deleted
    i played a hpala in beta and i can say they are very fun now. i will level one to 85 and raid with him. hpala never will be the same tank healer as before, now u can heal raid and the tank healing is more dynamic. in cata u cant put beacon and heal one tank spamming one button, u need to think and is a great change to hpalas.

pd. holy power is asesome for healadins, loved it

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty fun tbh. I can see how people stayed away when our arsenal was basically two buttons, but with a lot more mechanics now it's more dynamic.

For healing in general? Idk, i feel like i see the big picture more and I'm relied on a lot, which kinda gives me a sense of pride and determination to never fail. That's just why i like it, been holy since vanilla and never raided as anything else

It's a lot more fun now that you aren't spamming one or two moves. I like it quite a bit, myself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first, but once you outgear content it has literally made me fall asleep while raiding deathbringer saurfang like literally fell asleep on my keyboard. Pvp healing i find more enjoyable
    85 priest working on my dk next

Deleted
    It is a lot better in cataclysm. Now all the healing classes will actually be using almost all of their buttons, and mana is a big issue again. I personally found shaman to be the most fun, and druid right after that. The new tree of life is pretty cool ^^

Well, never healed before in WoW but spamming Rejuvenation as a Troll Druid during leveling now is just pie.

Combine it a little with Swiftmend and Healing Touch on larger groups/bosses and I don't see any troubles.

It's alright, not like 'amagawd' fun but alright. Something different for a change.
    Last edited by bladeraze; 2010-11-28 at 12:55 AM.
    torbase.tk
    Looking for voluntary writers!

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for paladin healing, but shaman healing is the most fun I have in this game. Partly because I like having a good idea of everything going on, partly because I like having an important role, and also partly because I'm a cynical masochist. Yup, healing is pugs can be a pain unless you're a little masochistic, but apart from that healing is great fun in raids and worth a try if you're thinking about it.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Deleted
    I have been playing a Holy Paladin throughout wotlk, and i have to say i preferred the class before the changes in patch 4.0.1. It just feels a little backwards now. That said i'm always up for a challenge and Paladin's do offer now. Although i don't pull the same healing numbers as i used to, i find myself with a bigger arsenal and better equipped to heal certain aspects of fights. It's a nice change from spamming Holy Light.
    My off-spec is Prot atm, and if i had to choose between the two, then it would definitely be healing. The only advice i can give you is: if you have the gear for holy, try it out now and make your decision on what you want to be while you're leveling in Cata. Try a bit of both and see wait suits

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    It's a lot more fun now that you aren't spamming one or two moves. I like it quite a bit, myself.
    Agreed

All healers get some type of benefit from doing damage, which makes it a lot more fun
    Last edited by Skutch; 2010-11-28 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i enjoy healing a lot I've been a resto druid for 5 years now and i love it.

My sixth year as a healadin and i'll not do anything else! It's been revamped and the spam factor for the most part is gone. Very entertaining and you are kept occupied with bright shiney lights when raid healing does become somewhat repetative.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Power greatly changed up that one button thought, but as far as I seen my friend play Holy, it is quite fun. Rolling with a Resto Druid myself, which indeed is pretty much HoT up as much as possible, and Pally Holy can be more diverse I think. But I never really found any healing class boring, the fun factor mostly depends on the type of group you roll with (do you know them, how much does the tank pull, how well geared is the group, how well tank keeps agro), and this causes healing to be quite much different depending on where and with who you are playing. Seems more fun to me than just DPS'ing, the only thing that really changes then, is the place you are in.
    So yeah, I think Pally healing, and healing in general, can be quite some fun.

Scuicidal tanks are more fun.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Very, yes.