Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This 2nd profession is all about the lore. Items are 2ndry and I am sure that more things will be added in the future (as was previously mentioned).

Deleted
    Ty Hisdivineorder<33

Blahssat - It'ts not extremely minor, If a Raider, I need best gear Asap to do what I need to do, And If you make something fun add somehting fun to a game, then EVERYONE Should be a part of it, not certain classes.

archaeolgy is a secondary proff, it was never intended to give major pve / pvp benefits, mostly vanity eg the skeletal raptor mount and the lanterns ...

Quote Originally Posted by Crashik View Post
    Rogues, Enha Shamans, Hunters, Feral Druids - YOU GET OWNED, Nothing for you .. Not a 1H-Axe for Ro,EnSha,Hunt, ..Nor a polearm/staff with Agi for Hunter/Fer Druid
    Im very sorry, but as a tank I dont care for you

As others have said, it's a secondary prof not meant to provide major raid upgrades, which is why they didn't include something for everyone in the weapons. Of course, even if they DID, it'd be a waste of time to try and farm archaelogy for it since the fragments are totally random and you have no control over what you get. You'd be better off putting that time into running 5-mans, it's a much more consistent route to upgrades. That's why they're BoA, so you aren't totally hosed if you make a Zin'Rokh on your priest or something.

The idea about gathering a quest item which each class can then turn into a weapon of their choosing isn't very good either. Sure, it would be simple, but it would also push archaelogy much closer to a required profession instead of something that people do for fun/lore/pets.

To the OP: I think the reason you're not getting much sympathy is that you complain archaelogy has nothing for you, but then 2 sentences later say it has nothing for tanks, but you don't care because you're not a tank. If you don't care that other ppl are getting the short end of the stick too, why should I care that you are? You're just being selfish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different classes benefit from different things at different times, not everything has to be split down 10 ways for class, 10 ways for races, 2 ways for factions, and 30 ways for specs for this game to function. Minor differences that make barely any practical difference are not something that warrants the sheer amount of fucking whine that occurrs on this forum. Stop whining that someone gets something and you don't, you sound like a goddamn child. From the goblin trike to this crap, I'm so sick and tired of hearing how everyone feels left out and screwed over, all over the tiniest insignificant things, or misinformation. It's old, it's boring, it's annoying, and it's cluttering the place up and lowering the general quality of threads and posts.

Objectivity, maturity, patience, they are not hard to incorporate into your personality. Their existence in your personality would yield positive results for you and everyone else, I suggest you and the rest of the whining brats around here try it. As you can see my patience is reaching it's limits with these type of threads, so in desperation I rant to calm my soul.
    "The truth, my goal."

Rogues, Enha Shamans, Hunters, Feral Druids - YOU GET OWNED, Nothing for you .. Not a 1H-Axe for Ro,EnSha,Hunt, ..Nor a polearm/staff with Agi for Hunter/Fer Druid.
    Nifflevar Bearded Axe
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=64460

/thread ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ty Hisdivineorder<33

Blahssat - It'ts not extremely minor, If a Raider, I need best gear Asap to do what I need to do, And If you make something fun add somehting fun to a game, then EVERYONE Should be a part of it, not certain classes.
    Yes it's minor, there are alternatives.

Also, what if the developers decide they want to add a feature that makes healing more fun? Is that unfair to the DPS and the tanks of the game? Of course not, but some subjective, self-centred whiners will complain that it's not fair, and that blizzard either all play healers or they are too lazy to do it for everyone, or something ignorant like that. Life isn't fair, and you don't have a god-given right to receive every single little bit of attention and treatment that others do. Blizzard have done a fine job in diversifying the classes, but it's people who cry about the differences that lead to everything melding together into one big ball of homonogenised, boring, repetitive crap that has an unhealthy lack of variety.

If you want an example, I'll give you one concerning your own class. Totems. "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH why should we have to use a GCD and have to position our totems to buff people?!??!?!?!". There, I'm not going in to the ins and outs of that argument, because it's been done to death and frankly I don't think it's even open for debate, yet people still have this delusion that these kinds of differences are bad for the game and are unfair and shouldn't exist.

I've never known the WoW community to be like this, it's been a lot of things, but almost every single difference between classes, factions, roles, specs is obsessed and cried over - and I just don't know why this is happening.
    "The truth, my goal."

You are aware archaeology offers nice trinkets as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafted epics are a no no for even thinking about end game. And certainly not just one profession will ever create epics for EVERYONE.. Deal with it, raid like everyone else you wont ever be up to par with the ones that do raid for their epics if you don't.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Ty Hisdivineorder<33

farming up archeology is far from fast anyhow, you'd be way better off as a minmaxer to farm heroics in that time.

Add Holy Paladins to this, we can't use staffs

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    the "EPICS" will be as usefull as the iLvL 200 epics is on current realms i think. yes they will probablly be the fastest obtainable epics but they will be replaced with first raid epic weps i guess.

The question is,
    Do you want to spend 2 days training up archeology at the same time as all the fucking realm is and hope you get the pieces to uncover a weapon you might want? it's all random and such so you cant know what item you will uncover untill it's uncovered.

Or do you you want to run dungeons, grind rep with factions and get epic armor for your character. The rep armor is same iLvL as the weapon but from rep grind you get 2-3 items you need for MS/OS. Archeology you get 1-2 weps TOTAL if you're very lucky since there's no way to know what wep,armor, vanity pet or RP item you'll uncover.

Myself ill be repgrinding with my guildies since it's a team effort to become top 10guild on our realm and we dont want ppl spending the first 10hrs at 85 grinding a wep for themselves that's gonna be replaced at first raid. We want ppl to invest time in guild groups getting guild XP and things like that.
    Leveling archeology is instanced, no competition.
    and small epics that'll be replaced quickly, dont worry too much about it

People really make a big deal out of a secondary profession....guys, it's not a major profession. It's mostly just for shits & giggles while you level your toons. I know I'll definitely enjoy it with my dwarven toons (archeology racial bonus) because I enjoy exploring and doing something different. That's all.
    Slaggo, member of The Quick and The Dead on Alexstrasza

Deleted
    Did you know for what is Blacksmith for?

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So .. Rogues, Enha Shamans, Hunters .. Are getting OWNED. Nothing what so ever made for them ..

Rogues, Enha Shamans, Hunters, Feral Druids - YOU GET OWNED, Nothing for you .. Not a 1H-Axe for Ro,EnSha,Hunt, ..Nor a polearm/staff with Agi for Hunter/Fer Druid
    Those that expect nothing, are not let down.

I wasn't expecting ANYTHING for them.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

I thought the same way after reading that part from the OP.
    OT: I don't know that much about archeology but it seems to me there won't be too much of those weapons at the start of cat anyway (they are rare) and they will be pretty much useless for a main very quickly as they are first tier level.

There are plenty of weapons available.

Keyboard Turner YourKidsCallMeDaddy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude just raid lol only noobs go for free epics.

Deleted
    In my opinion, Archaelogy is a secondary proffession so the items from it should be flavor items like Pets and Mounts, not epic gear and stuff.