Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new "weird" questing flow

so, i decided to level an orc warrior 2 days ago. questing have indeed become a lot more fun, since you feel there is a reason to do what you are doing, and quests comes in a nice line. have leveled from 1-45 now in about 2 days.

Durotar: 1-12
    Northern Barrens: 12-21
    Ashenvale: 21-26
    Stonetalon: 26-31
    Southern Barrens: 31-36
    Dustwallow: 36-39
    Thousand needles: 39-44 (close to 45)

well, the point with the thread is. coming to ashenvale from barrens. cool, mobs sae lvl as me, do the first 15-20 quest, everything goes fine. i continue during quests, and are around lvl 23 by now. but the mobs is still lvl 21, like when i entered. continue during quests. lvl 26, done with 40/80 ashenvale quests acording to the achivement. got a quest to go to zoram strand now. i guess ill head over there then....
    lvl 19-21 mobs, again. green/grey quests. i think this may be becourse nightelfs starts in this area ofc, but why didnt i get a quest to go here earlyer then?. i explore a few quests north the night elf city, 2 of them is yellow. i decide to go to stonetallon mountains...

all is fine here. good flow, i finish every quest there, but look on my map. sun-rock retreat? i haven't bin there yet. i remember there used to be a lot of quests there. runs down there, only that holliday tauren lady there, so i runs away disapointed, down to the new highborne area. finds a rare mob, kills it, otherwise nothing to do, and run to the big new lava area in the zone.. there GOT to be something hidden there.. nope, nothing at all. 1/4 of the zone with no content, atleast for horde. a bit disapointed.

southern barrens. no complaints, if any, maybe there should be at least 1 quest where mankrik send you to slaughter the quilboars infront of RFK/RFD. but they are only lvl 23 in a lvl 30+ zone, so who cares anyways.

dustwallow. minor changes with a new alliance highway? otherwise, same old quest, boring questflow. werry disapointed i must say, so took off to TN as soon as possible.

im now in tanaris. thousand needles was good. only thing that i wonder is: why do they hand out, a awesome looking plate helm for the last quest, with NO stats at all, except 12 hit rating? and then gives out a green plate helm from the first quest in tanaris, that is a lot better? but then again, will probably find even better gear in a few hours/minutes..

but all in all, i think they could have made the ashenvale experience a bit better. mobs is way too low lvl, and too many quests for 5 lvl, if you are supposed to do the whole zone before moving on to stonetallon atleast.

and 5-10 more quests in stonetallon would be cool.

this is just my opinion. your welcome to post your own. but, even though i don't see why you would, plz dont start some kind of flame war. thanks

leveling is too easy now. prime example

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand your point with Stonetalon. You go to the 'new lava area' and expect there to be quests. Quests are always at villages and camps, not at a random volcano. Don't run to a random point and expect quests. Just follow the beginning of the story of the zone and it will lead you to all the quests eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha View Post
    I don't understand your point with Stonetalon. You go to the 'new lava area' and expect there to be quests. Quests are always at villages and camps, not at a random volcano. Don't run to a random point and expect quests. Just follow the beginning of the story of the zone and it will lead you to all the quests eventually.
    Actually you need to go to Sun Rock to get those lava quests i think
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

I noticed certain zones you HAVE to follow the breadcrumb to access any of the quests in that zone, I think that happened to stonetalon with you. when I went to thousand needles, I could not get the boat mount until I went back to feralas, and took a breadcrumb quest that sent me to the big boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Actually you need to go to Sun Rock to get those lava quests i think
    Exactly his point quest in the villages to get to other places
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Deleted
    leveling is too easy now because Blizzard don't really want World of Warcraft to be just about leveling, where for many people they don't have enough time to level a character from 1 to (now) 85, so they made is simple, faster, and more fun. They want everyone to get and have the chance to experience the end game content, because thats where most of the effort is being put into, Raids, PVP, Arena, and Heroic Dungeons. In my opinion, leveling from 1 to 85 is an awesome "experience" and is a lot more fun and entertainning. But WoW doesn't really start until you've reached the cap level, and whole load of new adventures are unlocked

It's a better model this way than it was in the past. I certainly didn't have fun leveling and killing 50 things just to get 3 quest items. Just let us move on, the bulk of the fun stuff is at max level anyway.

Too easy? No, they just streamlined the process, instead of going from continent to continent 3+ times just for 1 stupid quest chain, they made it more hub centered, just like Outland.

The only problem I've had so far really and truely is with Ashenvale, it's just so....half-baked, they should cut half of the quests out or so imo.

Also its currently glitched and I can't finish the zone achieve

The only gripe I have with the new quests is how a lot of the 'quest camps' have to be introduced to you to open up all the quests available to them. You do that by finishing one 'quest camp' and it leading you to the following one, which is great for new players. But you shouldn't be forced to do one 'camp' then another in order to do all of that zone's quests imo.

question. were you wearing heirlooms? Cause that might be a really good reason why your lvl was too high by the time you finished Ashenvale.

"Too easy? No"

Well surely you can't think it's anything other than easy?

They reduced the xp you need to level by a lot & on top of that most of us have heirlooms...so what 44+ percent less effort to get to level80.

It's not easier to level. Leveling in Vanilla wasn't hard except trying to get groups for group quests. It's just much quicker. There's nothing wrong with that. Actually there is one thing. I just started a lock on a server I have no heirlooms on and been having the problem where I end a zone with 6-7 green quests. But nothing about leveling was ever hard. Get over it.

Actually, I'll take that partially back. Leveling a warrior in vanilla was grueling. They needed better healing or attack scaling so badly back then. What this game needs is better/more random a.i. All mobs behave in the exact same manner. You aggro, they hit you, you use a pretty set rotation to kill them. Right now, fights consist of sending in my Voidwalker, casting immo, conflag, then spamming shadowbolt until conflag's off cooldown, shadowburn can be used, or the mob dies. Affliction is not much different just replace immo with UA, conflag with agony, then spam drain life with the occasional life tap to top off mana.

I wouldn't say it's easier level, it's just more convenient.

For all the people complaining about it being too easy, umm shut up, and if you want to spend more time leveling, level more alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetfox View Post
    For all the people complaining about it being too easy, umm shut up, and if you want to spend more time leveling, level more alts.
    Agreed. There is no such thing as levelling too fast or too easily.

leveling should just be fun.

anyway, don't use heirlooms. they are worth if you plan to go through istances or battlegrounds leveling. if you plan to quest, they are not needed (maybe only the weapon / trinkets)

^ This. At the very least it should not be a chore. I feel like I have dozens of abilities on my bars, but only really need 2-3 to actually level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms had their time when there was no appropriate item for that slot at all, I remember that I always had items that were rewarded 10 levels ago on most of my toons.