Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    yh btw didnt have a Bday present so its sort of couts as both XD

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr View Post
    My iMac can run on all highest at around 114 FPS during combat.
    Please specify if that is in a 25 or 10 man or what,,,,,my i7-930 @ 3.8Ghz with a gtx 260 superclocked will not do that in a 25 man at max settings so i highly doubt yours will.(sorry if sounds rude, not meant to be)
    Last edited by Hotsforyou; 2010-11-28 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted
    I run WoW on the latest model 15" Core i5 MPB and it runs pretty well under Mac OS, however I dual boot Windows 7 with bootcamp and use that partition for gaming. Mostly because Starcraft 2 runs significantly better (same FPS with Low vs High graphics) in Windows than Mac OS for whatever reason. WoW should run fine on the base iMac, but I noticed the higher model 21.5" with a core i5 comes out at 1409, which is pretty close to your price limit. I always hear that WoW is more CPU intensive than GPU, so you might want to consider that.

Also, I use the Mac keyboard just fine (I rebind the command key to control in windows), but I recommend a good gaming mouse, the Mac mice just feel bleh for both gaming and photoshop.

If you want something for WoW, or any other gaming for that matter, build your own windows pc. Macs are ridiculously overpriced, it's borderline extortion. With your budget you could get an i7, upwards of 8gb of ram, an hd 5970 or gtx 460 and more harddrive space than you will ever use for well under £1400. I recently built a PC with an AMD quad core, 4gb of ram, and with an hd 5770 for £450 (around $700 CAD, didnt buy the OS so I saved ~$100) and i run at 70fps during low intensity play, and 40fps+ during raids. Build a computer you will get a lot more bang for your buck, i mean pound.

Honestly I think you should, or get a friend that can build you a PC. You will save a lot of money and build something on par if not better. If you are set on the MAC then you will be fine going that route also.

STOP RIGHT THERE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A MAC

You can build PC with FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better hardware than a mac at the same exact price. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A MAC PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

I have a 27" iMac, and ever since the 4.0.1 patch, my graphic settings are on "good" with the liquid detail set to "fair" and sunshafts disabled, and I'm getting about 60 fps consistently, including in raids. If I try to try the graphics up to the next level, or turn the liquid detail up, my fps drops to about 30. Before the patch, I was over 100 fps on the "high" graphics setting.

Can't compete with the 27" LED screen though, its gorgeous. I just which I could get a little better graphics like I did before the patch.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
    STOP RIGHT THERE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A MAC

You can build PC with FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR better hardware than a mac at the same exact price. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A MAC PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY
    i hardly consider it wasting money...dont want to get into this debate, but dont worry about it OP. on an summer 08 macbook pro you can play on med-high settings with a better framerate then what you are used to, on a 2011 imac you will definetly be able to play with a more then ample FPS.

Deleted
    When is the 2011 Imac, also Tbh as long as with this specc on the mac i cant run logic studio to make my music, and run wow with around hight setting all at 30+ FPS I would be VERY happy as you can see what I am used to once i was in WG b4 the cap of people and i got -1 FPS and Disconnected lol so 30+ FPS is insane and everything on high is a dream lol

I love my Mac for everything. Runs wow all cranked up at 63 fps so it's just fine.

Deleted
    So happy to hear this, my pc has held me bk on wow for so much lol from Dcing in my arena last season at 1997 rating never did make 2 lol, and getting kicked from raid because my lag impacts my dps by at least 1k

I've always been a PC fan, but I got my mac for design work. Never intended to put WoW on it, but when I was having trouble updating stuff on my PC I folded and downloaded it. It runs like a dream. Better than it ever did on my PC.
    Simplicity, a heart of gold, an old head on young shoulders. Quiet and lovely,
    become a part of me, And now I see, from a handful of names and a thousand faces,
    one light, burning, fiercely.

Deleted
    Sounds to me like mac is the way forward, love the setup also and theme

PC pro: cheap compared to Mac, easy to repair and you can easily do running upgrades on hardware.
    cons: the current best only lasts for a month or two, can get unstable if hardware overheats, OS is annoying as hell. more viruses and keyloggers.

Mac pro: Very stable OS and hardware. rare to break. less viruses and keyloggers
    cons: very expensive comapred to PC, new parts often will cost alot more than PC equal and if you're so unlucky anything is broken the apple store takes your PC for 3weeks and sends it back to you all rebooted and a bill of 50euros + any parts they replaced.

They compare pretty evenly, although you will spend more for hardware on a Mac system than a PC system with comparable specs.

Make sure the video card in it is very good, you will not be able to upgrade it later.

Doesn't help that a well built PC is about 1/2 of the cost of a mac. Apparently they missed the memo about interchangeable parts too. Ya know, that idea that people came up with in the 18th century.

Deleted
    I just got my new Macbook Air 13.3 inch with 4gb RAM and 2.13ghz core2due processor and 256gb SSD, and i can tell you this; WoW runs brilliantly.... Almost all ultra or high settings and it runs steady in peak time dala (prePatch) at 22-35FPS which is great. Patch4.0.3a has made it look even better! Another pro of playing WoW on a mac that not many people realise is that in the WoW client theres a built in VideoCapture mode accessed through the interface menu that you can keybind. Its a brilliant feature and overall ive been very impressed with this supposedly "low-spec" MacBook air.

Quote Originally Posted by chilsberry123 View Post
    When is the 2011 Imac, also Tbh as long as with this specc on the mac i cant run logic studio to make my music, and run wow with around hight setting all at 30+ FPS I would be VERY happy as you can see what I am used to once i was in WG b4 the cap of people and i got -1 FPS and Disconnected lol so 30+ FPS is insane and everything on high is a dream lol
    You can get a PC for the same price that will run WoW at around 80 FPS

---------- Post added 2010-11-29 at 12:43 AM ----------

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m15x/pd

100-200 dollars less than a macbook pro and better hardware. Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by chilsberry123 View Post
    Hey currently I have a crappy Toshiba laptop, and gonna get a apple computer for Xmas, the price range is around £1400 max currently I run all my graphics setting on low when I play wow. In dala I get around 5-12 FPS stable, in 25 man raids like 5 stable and its getting to much feel like I dont wanna play because of it.

Because I havent posted alot i cant link yet but basicaly my Toshiba has a 2GB RAM and a intel core 2duo CPU

and the imac im thinking of getting has 8GB RAM and an I3 processer, how do you think it will compare to the Toshiba cant say much more cuz the the thread says I cant post links, even thought i typed it all out

I'd much rather just get a PC. You can use the same amount of money to get a far superior computer with better specs without having to pay the extra hipster fee for the Mac name.