Deleted

Lowest Tier Computer (from the frontpage)

Hey there, I've been after buying the parts for the Lowest-End computer which was on the front page (and still is at the moment), unfortunatly, some of the parts arn't availible to be shipped all the way to merry old england, and not all of the parts are availible on amazon.co.uk, These 3 in particular I cannot find on the .co.uk site and I was just after a little help finding some nice alternatives for around the same price.

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black) cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    Would this be a suitible replacment?

OCZ OCZ500MXSP ModXStream Pro 500 Watt Power Supply cannot be shipped to the selected address.

AMD Athlon II X4 630 95W AM3 2MB 2800MHz Retail cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    Would this one be a good replacement?

Thanks for reading,
    Omnom~

Edit: I have noticed that things appear to be more expensive on the UK site, which is why I've left the rest on the .com site and I will be getting them unless someone reccomends otherwise.

Edit again: I would have chosen myself but I realised the one I was going to take for the DVD didn't look compatible with the rest of a machiene. The Power supply I'm pretty sure I have sorted, but I'd love reccomendations either way.
    Last edited by mmoc6a21fffc07; 2010-11-28 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Added the edit.

Doesnt' really matter which DVD drive you get, as long as it's same color as the case. Those will cost $20-30 regardless.

You can also take for example PhenomII x4 945 instead as a CPU for $20 more, it'll be quite a bit faster for gaming than the recommended processor if you can't find the Athlon 630.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    The Phenom II x4 945 appears to be £129 where the other is about £80 D:
    (Sorry, I'm not from America and I don't convert often :<)
    Last edited by mmoc6a21fffc07; 2010-11-28 at 11:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is also a FAR better processor for a computer and will perform muhh better in wow

Not that I don't like cheap computers, but don't expect to get much more than what you pay for
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

The CPU you linked is the exact same one, it is fine. Any SATA DVD drive is fine. Just look at the clock speed and model and cores to compare with the below graph and decide what kind of CPU you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The CPU you linked is the exact same one, it is fine. Any SATA DVD drive is fine. Just look at the clock speed and model and cores to compare with the below graph and decide what kind of CPU you want.

I feel like a spoon.

This is incredibly helpful, thank you very much!

I understand the more basic things like processor speed, RAM speed and amounts, Graphics card memory amounts (Not speeds, no idea what is better than the other.), it the compatibility that throws me.

I'm sorry if I don't reply for a while, I'll bump tomorrow after college, midnight here. >.<
    Last edited by mmoc6a21fffc07; 2010-11-29 at 08:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep in kind those fps ratings aren't in a raid setting and the rest of the computer details aren't specified in this thread
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I can't post links so I take off the http.

For your power supply, I recommend, amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Power-Supply-Version-CMPSU-650TXUK/dp/B000Z7KHLA/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1291008414&sr=1-1

It is an amazing power supply, mark my words.

For CPU, try getting a Phenom X3 740? It can be unlocked to 4 cores (free quad core.... yay).
    Although quads are really cheap now. Cheapest quad i think is the Phenom X4 940.
    Does wonders for wow if you upgrade from dual core.

Any DVD is fine. As long as it works frankly...

Deleted
    to be 100% honest, my current computer at max settings in a raid environment will get 5fps - 10 if its lucky. It's in now way a gaming computer at all.

I'm going to assume that any dvd drive will run, there isn't any compatability I should keep in mind.
    Where does processor I've linked come on that list? I can't seem to find it. I'm guessing it's like, 30 or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    it will be almost equal to the amd athlon ii x4 635

and yes, pretty much and dvd drive will run

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    it will be almost equal to the amd athlon ii x4 635

and yes, pretty much and dvd drive will run
    Perfect!

Thanks for the help everyone! It's been brilliant.