Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Race with best lore?

In your opinion, which of the races of Azeroth (including Worgen, Goblins and any other significant race, such as Naga) have the most developed and provoking lore attached to them?

I'll have to go with Orcs if only for the fact that Thrall is such an amazing character and his own story carries them through, in addition to their own history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Forsaken!
    This.

Both in and out of game, they have the most unique perspective and interesting stuff going on. Love them, or hate them, regardless they have the most engaging lore.

Deleted
    i guess humans and forsaken lore go hand in hand so it would have to be both of them

15+ Year Old Account
    Trolls; Been there from the stars, spread out all over the world, have both good and bad sides, noone knows exactly how long they have been in the world but its pretty much since titans or before that, Nelfs decended from them + they can be all classes besides paladins (so far). And other things I haven´t mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Trolls; Been there from the stars, spread out all over the world, have both good and bad sides, noone knows exactly how long they have been in the world but its pretty much since titans or before that, Nelfs decended from them + they can be all classes besides paladins (so far). And other things I haven´t mentioned.
    Id agree with this.

Forsaken, anyone who has read the quests in their storyline would agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forsaken are the easy pick here given how much lore in WoW is devoted to them as hold over from Warcraft 3 as well as the Frozen Throne. I'd say Worgen have a chance to be really strong in the lore Department too though its too soon to tell how rich their lore going to be in Cata.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Night elves have the most lore, but imo, the races with the best lore, are the Forsaken and the blood elves.

Yes. I went there.
    Last edited by Synaxis; 2010-11-29 at 08:53 AM. Reason: removing the repetitive imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to say Gnomes has pretty awesome lore... Curse of flesh turned robots into living humanoids, and also gave them parts for breeding..
    same with Dwarwes!
    Pretty cool to explore the work of the combined "magic" of the titans, and the old gods.. and out came Dwarwes/Gnomes

I wonder how the titans would react if they returned and saw gnomes now

"WTF.. i made a robot and a dude made of stone... and now they are all soft and gouie, and are making love and getting drunk and shit... damn you old golds!"

Probably Night Elves, because they branch off into so many different sub-races. Naga, Blood Elves, High Elves, Satyr, etc, all fall under Night Elves in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Probably Night Elves, because they branch off into so many different sub-races. Naga, Blood Elves, High Elves, Satyr, etc, all fall under Night Elves in my opinion.
    The Trolls for the same reason ^ or the Tauren since both are the only native evolving Azerothian PC races
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, such a hard question for me. MY favorite would have to be Night Elves with the Forsaken directly behind. So much lore... all so ni- yeah, that's my say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    all these races brand from the highborne mostly.
    nevertheless i will go with Night Elves aswell ^^

Deleted
    actually my favorite lore quest chain is in borian tundra with the mechagnome i HATED gnomes untill i did that chain about the curse of flesh it really interested me personally i think the forsaken are annoying in wow even if their lore is epic they are not they are rediculous looking

Deleted

Most controversial, deep and interesting lore yet. And they are a NEW "race", says alot.
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2010-11-29 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Orcs, to be fair.

The story behind Thrall and all, pretty awesome.

The Forsaken, meh. Haven't really tried the Forsaken lore, though.

With the Cataclysm, I am going to put the Orcs aside and I'm going to follow the Goblin lore.
    The only thing that's better than Jack Daniels, is getting my Jack Daniels for free.

I'm going with Night Elves. I really enjoy their lore.

Deleted
    This needs a poll. I agree with Hakasu, sorta enjoy the night elf lore all back to basic stuff