Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Just because you got pets before means you need a pet now? I have 124 pets and am not sad that there isn't another pet.
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

blizzard = for profit company
    why would they give away a pet when they can make ppl buy their expansion and $10 pets off the store?

They are giving a pet. You just have to pay for them. And the more people pay, the less you're gonna get for free.

I do feel Blizzard was pretty lazy this year, pretty much right after the Summer event. Summer event we had updated items (Cloaks, and that Staff)
    Brew-fest... same crappy trinkets (no updates), Hallows End.... same crappy rings (no updates), No tabard for this up coming expansions Event, and then nothing for the Anniversary.

Deleted
    I bet raggy was going to be the pet and they decided to just sell him instead.

I'm logging in and I haven't got an achievement yet? :S

Posted myself, then saw this and thought I'd add my tuppence =D

I am rather completely disgusted myself. A pet would have been nice, but they'd said previously there wouldn't be one, so as such, not a disappointment, but I was expecting "something".

All we got was a naff FoS which most of us couldn't give a monkey's for - and an email that in essence for little more than, "Happy 6th? Bah, go buy Cata, nubs"

Something could have been a spend or a cookie that has a daft effect, or well, anything. This was just an insult to players. The fact they managed to add two more pets to the on-line store CH'CHING CH'CHING, just adds to the insult and shows just how little Activision and Blizzard really thing of they loyal players base.

As it happens I did buy the pets, sad like that, but at the same time I'm playing WoW less and less, favouring other online games like EVE and playing about with other MMO's. This anniversary 'event' is symptomatic of of their contempt for and lack of understanding of what makes dedicated players tick.

Bleh.
    Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it!

[Ten level 80's, one of each class, all professions capped]

Why give us a pet when they can charge?

Sure, we don't need a new pet. We didn't need them for the last two years.

But it was nice, and I enjoyed them.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2010-11-30 at 02:45 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

last time i checked it's WoW's 6th anniversary not ours

Ragnaros should have been the free anniversary pet really... And people should stop acting as if they are doing us a favor because they are releasing Cataclysm, it's their job to do that (for which we pay). Getting a pet for aniversary has become a tradition by now and really, is it that hard to just send a freaking pet? It's not exactly time consuming to make one. I agree with ''Blizz have become lazy'' people.
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2010-11-30 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree that i would prefer the shattering over a pet... but then again were talking about something that takes years and LOTS of people compared to something... we would hope takes alot lot of ALOT less time. Sooooo why not make both?

---------- Post added 2010-11-30 at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Ragnaros should have been the free aniversary pet really... And people should stop acting as if they are doing us a favor because they are releasing Cataclysm, it's their job to do that (for which we pay). Getting a pet for aniversary has become a tradition by now and really, is it that hard to just send a freaking pet? It's not exactly time consuming to make one. I agree with ''Blizz have become lazy'' people.
    i fully agree with Eliot on this
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

You get to fly in a weeks time in Azeroth, quest in the new zones, and get to meet big and ugly DW up close with a smooth transition like BC was. Yeash give it a break with not getting a pet.

I would rather them sell a megaton of the pets with half of those proceeds going to a worthwhile cause than get a free anniversary pet, if I had to choose.

Deleted
    No one would use a pet that everyone gets anyway. How many people do you see with the penguin out these days? If its not the plants vs zombie sunflower then its not gonna win you any respect from the petfags.

If you really care then go farm for the 10k gold parrot.

OMFG Blizzard give me sum pet that I won't use never in my fucking gaming live why are you not giving it to me BLIZZARD WHY?!?!?!?!1111oneeleven.

Should of gave us like free 10k gold or something like comon Blizz!