Poll: Account bound achievements and rep?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think only FoS's should be account bound since most of them are now unobtainable.

Deleted
    i believe that they could actually make a paying service of merging one characters achievements/reputations with an other. Ofcourse that wouldn't be good if you are a main swaper, but yet again if all the achievements are account bound rolling an alt would be quite meaningless considering the existance of heirlooms.
    Ofcourse that's just my opinion!

mounts are really the biggest thing for me, but most of the mounts i care about are achievement mounts it would prolly sort its self out and they would come with the achieves.

I really don't understand what the downside to this is. I'm not a programmer, but I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to merge all your acheivements to one list. Is the real issue here about the acheivement rewards (i.e. titles, mounts, etc)? I feel like I, not my character, earned that title and that I should be able to display it no matter what character I play on. As far as rare mounts that award acheivements (i.e. Deathcharger, Raven Lord, etc.), those acheivements are based on luck, not skill. I don't think that these rewards should be account bound, but I still want everyone to know that I have one of the mounts if they look at my acheivements. I know some people are going to say that they worked hard for those mounts. I get that, but some people don't work hard for those. I have done the stupid Brunnhildar Village quests every day for what seems like forever and still don't have the polar bear. I'm already annoyed when I hear someone gets a rare mount on their first or second try, but it would bother me even more if it were account bound and they could flaunt it on every character. Also, it would feel like it wasn't as rare because every time someone got one they were potentially getting 10- one for each possible character.

Too sum up acheivements that give rewards: rewards and acheivements should be account bound. Rewards that give acheivements: reward not account bound, but acheivement is.
    Last edited by Linkoln; 2010-11-30 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can say you're attached to a charterer by 5k achievements, definitley not, even 6k would be a stretch imo.

7k is and yea depending on the person, you're probably attached to that toon, 8k and onwards and re rolling would mean you'd just lose WAY to much.

I'm over 10k and couldn't even think of re rolling without them providing some way to switch my achievements to another toon or have them count for that toon.

Rep - Most rep rewards required for raiding or pvp they have made BoA, so that doesn't matter.
    Account bound achievements..I think this could work, but they would have to be extremely careful on how they did it, they couldn't flat out just say hey, any achievement you earn or have earned now counts for all your characters, I don't think anyone really wants that....well maybe someone. But to say, make certain achievements BoA, such as dungeon and raid achievements and also maybe pvp achievements, then the big ones like loremaster etc might be okay, but mainly it'd be FoS's as account bound, hell, I'd be happy if it was only FoSs

TL;DR

Personally, I main issue with switching to an alt isn't that "Oh, there are all these achievements I have to grind again" It's the "Oh, there are all these achievements that I am unable to obtain on my new main but I have on my current main, I don't want to switch to a toon with 5 FoS's, 15 mounts and 8 pets when I have one with 100 times that"

Ideas they could go with
    -Account bound FoS's only
    -Account bound achievement rewards. not achievements, but the rewards they give. for example completing 25 Glory of the IC Raider, and getting your icebound. Icebound could either be unlimited use BoA, or even just a BoA one time use mount you can send to any of your toons, this would make it a lot more realistic to ask a guildy who wants the mount to come to your glory runs on his alt instead of his main because there is no room for his main.
    -Character swapping - this would simply be a paid service, where you would pay to swap your achievements (except class/race specific achievements) with another toon. It could not just be achievements, but also mounts, pets, titles, everything but the actual gear and bank/bags basically
    Last edited by Anakso; 2010-11-30 at 03:37 PM.

If you weren't committed to the toon you shouldn't have invested so thoroughly into it. Seriously. With race change and class change and all that now there's no excuse for this. If you earned something on a toon, you earned it on THAT TOON. The sense of entitlement people have is just ridiculous, and ever since wow's suggestion forums went away, all this manure gets dumped here.

I agree in a sense.. But 5k is a lot to me. Given that when I play I spend most of my time raiding. Anything outside of that and I'm working or doing something else. May not seem like a large amount of points to someone who plays the game a whole lot more than me.
    Cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Account bound achievements..I think this could work, but they would have to be extremely careful on how they did it, they couldn't flat out just say hey, any achievement you earn or have earned now counts for all your characters, I don't think anyone really wants that....well maybe someone. But to say, make certain achievements BoA, such as dungeon and raid achievements and also maybe pvp achievements, then the big ones like loremaster etc might be okay, but mainly it'd be FoS's as account bound, hell, I'd be happy if it was only FoSs
    I do want all my toons to show that I have earned the acheivement. The character didn't earn the acheivement. The player earns the acheivements. Seriously, if my toon could log himself on and play without me and get some acheives then okay, HE deserves the acheive. Until blizzard gives our toons freewill I want credit for the acheive. I don't mind the idea previously posted that next to the date it adds which character YOU earned the acheivement on, but none of my characters earned any of my acheivements. I did all the work and I want the credit.
    Last edited by Linkoln; 2010-11-30 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Clarification...I should really double check before posting :)

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of giving FoS as account bound is good, or giving account binds for things like Titles, Pets, and Mounts would also be good, because if you worked to get "Death's Demise" on your main, I think it is fair to also have it on alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have many alts, 6 80's, but I only consider my Rogue my main and "achievement" character. That's worked for me... just plan on getting achievements on one character and play the rest without worrying about it.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Just want to keep this post up so hopefully it gets attention and will become part of Blizz's, "priority list."