Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any hybrid.

Palas are really easy, but boring if you have any skill wot so ever....

hunter would be super easy to level and to learn. definetly not a rogue or warrior lol ... casters are always fun to play and level

have him make a druid.

they do everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mage, easiest by far = Arcane Blast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citrus View Post
    ret paladin with the new holy power system is pretty easy to "learn"

crusader strike - crusader strike - crusader strike - templer's verdict
    ...and repeat

+ insane selfheal, stuns, etc
    i guess you reach a nice amount of DPS, with your rotation :>

Quote Originally Posted by DragoonV View Post
    Any of them ...

Have him take the personality test that Blizz has with that promotion ... roll whatever he gets ...
    Where is this/ can someone link it please?
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    Well, there is even one on facebook, will work if you dont find better one

Edit: but on serious now, all clasess are easy now, and leveling is very easy, so instead of thinking about that, i think it would be better for you to think what would he suit most, so throw him coupple of questions like alot of people said, does he like to atack from far, or from close, does he like magic, or physical warriors, does he like having pets/companion with him, or he likes being able to summon demons, or make portals to travel throu time, or resurect fallen comrades, and stuff like that, to determine what class could he like most...
    Last edited by NaaBcAke; 2010-11-30 at 04:48 PM.

I thought i should add to this that you should probably point out to your friend what i tell all people i bring into the game (and also tell trade chat when i have had enough bickering)

There is no "best" class. Yes there are certain classes that are more straight forward/do more dps/are more in demand etc but generally people would rather play with someone who knows their role and the best way to learn about almost anything is to have interest in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    All of them are easy to play.

Just ask if he wants to attack from a distance or if he wants to be up in the enemy's face. Then ask if he wants to deal magical or physical damage.
    pretty much thiss, perhaps explain PvP/PvE to him, see which he finds the most interesting, if he's liking PvE, then run through tank/dps/healing roles, and work out a suitable class by process of elimination.

also explain that few people stick with the very 1st class they choose, he should expect to re-roll a few times before becoming comfertable
    Kaga, raid leader of Shafted, Ragnaros-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Batpanic View Post
    I'd say mage.
    Have to agree with this guy, Arcane blast 4 times, Arcane Barrage to clear stacks...rinse and repeat...insert cooldowns when available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Palas are really easy, but boring if you have any skill wot so ever....
    0/10, try harder next time.

OT: There is almost impossible to say "play that" say something what you like to play, Do you like to fight wth weapons (meele), fight at range, or do you want to heaL? (I don't think you should roll a tank, since it's kinda hard at first, it's better if you roll a dps/healer first).
    Last edited by Cowsftl; 2010-11-30 at 04:50 PM.
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

I would have him go through all the classes and have him choose 2 or 3 that he thinks sounds fun. Have him play each of them and then make a choice on which one he likes. World of Warcraft is the only MMO I have ever played, this is what I did and now have been playing for over 5 years.

My vote goes somewhere around lock, hunter or mage.

Mage is probably the easiest once he understands the concept that you don't want stuff to reach you-- if he's played any caster, he will.
    Hunter was definitely easiest pre-4.0., IMHO. I haven't kept up with which classes gets which spells/abilities at what level for a couple years so I don't know how focus management works at the lower levels. Still, he won't have "the way it used to be" bogging him down so this may be irrelevant, i.e., he'll learn it as he goes without any problem.
    I tried to teach someone else lock. I think it's still an easy class to learn: DoT managing will come later and he would still have a pet to help out with damage. The person I tried to teach really struggled with the idea of keeping one spell "up" (immolate) and casting shadowbolt as long as it was up. I may not have explained it as well as I could have (or perhaps, I was already making it too complicated) but this was someone who was used to FPS and other games where one only has a handful of abilities ever available.

To clarify: these are classes that I feel are easy to play. They are not all necessarily easy to play well: PvP, PvE and all specs considered.

As someone else suggested, let him see you play some classes-- they don't necessarily have to be 80 (though trying out 70s before I rolled a class was great after I'd already taken a couple to cap). I would not recommend letting a complete WoW neophyte play your high-level characters, especially if he's completely new to MMOs. Having introduced others to the game this way, access to these characters tends to do more harm than good. The potential players are often overwhelmed and intimidated by all the abilities. Again though, it's great for someone who has done some endgame and just wants to see how a class feels.
    Last edited by Lady Tygry; 2010-11-30 at 05:00 PM.

Tank: Paladin
    Ranged Physical: Hunter
    Ranged Magic: Mage
    Healer: Druid (Hybrid also allows him to play any role he wants in the future)
    Physical DPS: Warrior/Paladin (Paladin would be a better idea since its a hybrid, he can do what he wants, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid is the only answer. He can also decide later if he wants to tank, melee, cast or heal. Its the best class to level, it has everything.

Deleted
    I Would say warrior or druid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by Cayleypriest View Post
    Yeah, you're an idiot. At a LOW LEVEL, all you have is Crusader Strike, Judgement and Templar's Verdict. Which means what? CS - CS - CS - TV. Fill with Judgement. Oh, and Hybrid classes don't outdps my Rogue in any raid since 4.0.3a.

All classes have few abilities and easy rotations at low level.

One step further all classes are easy endgame anyways. Yes, even feral druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Celia View Post
    I would suggest staying away from mages in particular - they require too much finesse.
    I trust this is sarcastic.

Mages are imo the easiest class. Completely facroll. Yes Rogues and Pallies and Warriors have easyish rotations, but being melee is always harder than ranged. Ranged is so faceroll. I play both.

Mages are a joke. AMs is optional now. Some Mages literally just use AB.