Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirohibiki View Post
    Well, the trouble is I'm a big altoholic and want every class at 80 [soon to be 85]. So I guess that's where my trouble lies :/
    I hear ya. I got my last toon to 80, one of each class. The rogue was the worst for leveling (hella fun for pvp, no rogue hate, just leveling... meh).

The northrend blues are for certain. The trick is get your toon to 70, go do something else for a couple weeks and get full rested (not 68, 68-70 take less exp than 70-71). From 70, if you quest with BoA gear, and only do dungeons when you have quests for them, you can get from 70 - 80 fully rested. Dont forget 2 more exp+ pieces will be available with guild perks.

Add on to that, the 20% reduction in required exp in Northrend from last Tuesday and cata zones will be available at 78, you might get way with 4 zones to get past northrend.

Personally I think the Northrend blues are from having to do the same stuff over and over. Even in outlands, other than hellfire, you can take a different path if you want. Northrend forces you into DB/Zuldrak in the middle. It gets repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    I hear ya. I got my last toon to 80, one of each class. The rogue was the worst for leveling (hella fun for pvp, no rogue hate, just leveling... meh).

The northrend blues are for certain. The trick is get your toon to 70, go do something else for a couple weeks and get full rested (not 68, 68-70 take less exp than 70-71). From 70, if you quest with BoA gear, and only do dungeons when you have quests for them, you can get from 70 - 80 fully rested. Dont forget 2 more exp+ pieces will be available with guild perks.

Add on to that, the 20% reduction in required exp in Northrend from last Tuesday and cata zones will be available at 78, you might get way with 4 zones to get past northrend.

Personally I think the Northrend blues are from having to do the same stuff over and over. Even in outlands, other than hellfire, you can take a different path if you want. Northrend forces you into DB/Zuldrak in the middle. It gets repetitive.
    Ah yesss I'm so glad you understand. I do try to switch it up in NR, but end up following the same path cause I dislike most of the zones >_> Yeah, I'm glad they reduced the exp. It might go by a little quicker and make me hate it less. xD Thank you very much for the advice. I'll be sure to follow it. [:

I thought this was a thread about rare quality items that dropped in Northrend before I opened it.

I'm curious to know why you say you can't tank or heal. Is it a connection issue or an unwillingness? I only ask because Prot Pallies are amazing right now, with the high relative damage of Avenger's Shield plus the Grand Crusader effect.

I agree. The first couple levels of Northrend are just terrible. Super boring zones, boring quests, etc, but I really do like 74ish-80. I could do every Dragonblight quest over and over and over again in rapid succession. Same with Storm Peaks and Icecrown. But I really do agree that pushing from 70-73 is terrible.

And yeah, tank or heal even if you don't want to. It's better than questing at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiain View Post
    I thought this was a thread about rare quality items that dropped in Northrend before I opened it.

I'm curious to know why you say you can't tank or heal. Is it a connection issue or an unwillingness? I only ask because Prot Pallies are amazing right now, with the high relative damage of Avenger's Shield plus the Grand Crusader effect.
    Haha sorry about the confusion. No, it's not a connection issue, more like an inability. I'm terrified of tanking/healing. It stresses me out so bad. xD I've only ever been good at DPSing, and I'm average at best with that. I'm not the best player ever, but I do try my hardest.
    As for tanking, I tried bear tanking while lvling my druid last year or so, and it was very stressful for me to maintain group agro. Healing wise, I've tried healing on a druid, priest and paladin. Druid was fun, haven't tried it after 4.0. Disc priest was okay, haven't tried it after 4.0. I hated pally more than anything, it was the most awful experience I've ever had healing.
    I had to tank a little bit on my DK sometimes, but I was too nervous to really know how I was doing. And I've never pally tanked. XD;; I guess I'm low on confidence and I hate being yelled at. :x So I stick to what I know.

Deleted
    If you get a healbot(ish) addon, healing in normal wrath dungeons really is very, very easy. Click on the names that gets low! Done!
    Not very interesting either, in my opinion, but it's a change at least :P

Well, whenever I have to do Northrend, I get positively miserable. It depresses me and I have no will to quest there.
    It's getting really rough to get my toons to 80, and I was just wondering if anyone else was thinking the same thing or had any advice.
    If you don't feel like it's going to be enjoyable for you, why not just not do it?

I know I could just dungeon my way to 80, but that would take a lot longer than questing, especially since I can't tank or heal.
    Can't as in "don't want to?", because if I'm not mistaken, paladins can tank, heal, or dps. If you don't want to quest in Northrend, and dps queue times are too slow for you, then you're really running out of options here. Again, why do something that you apparently don't want to do?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been working on my 7th class to reach lvl 80 aswell, and I can't seem to quest more than 5 minutes at a time without having to take a break.
    Sadly, there is no alternative, so we just have to suck it up!
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I've leveled 6 classes to 80, can't bring myself to bring my 77 mage, 70 druid, 70 DK to 80 because of questing, I've done to much of it. Once my Rogue hits 60 I'll probably stop playing it, enjoyed the hell out of the new Azeroth quests but I don't think I can bring myself to do Outlands and Northrend anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know your feeling too well. I have 3 classes that aren't 80 yet, 1 70 and 2 75's and it just seems to drain me questing there. I was the same in BC when hitting outlands though, but now I don't mind those zones so much

I'm terrified of tanking/healing. It stresses me out so bad.
    You can heal anything other than heroics as a DPS specced hybrid in DPS gear. If you actually TRY to heal (meaning get some healing gear, and a healing spec), it's damn near impossible to screw up healing a 70-79 instance, unless you literally just don't heal.

I bet your stress about healing is unjustified, and you'll see just how easy it is after you finish an instance or two.

Note: I'm not saying healing in general is easy. I'm saying healing leveling instances is easy with a dps spec, and an absolute joke with a healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik View Post
    You can heal anything other than heroics as a DPS specced hybrid in DPS gear. If you actually TRY to heal (meaning get some healing gear, and a healing spec), it's damn near impossible to screw up healing a 70-79 instance, unless you literally just don't heal.

I bet your stress about healing is unjustified, and you'll see just how easy it is after you finish an instance or two.

Note: I'm not saying healing in general is easy. I'm saying healing leveling instances is easy with a dps spec, and an absolute joke with a healing spec.
    You're probably right; I get myself REALLY worked up and freaked out before anything even happens, and then my head starts swimming and my shoulders tense and I'm just a mess. xD I just hate screwing up and I feel really bad about it, especially when the rest of the group is relying on me. I just need to take a chill pill and try again I think :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Just think of Northrend as a early Christmas age. Hey, it's only 25 more days to go! In the meanwhile, I'll be watching some Christmas-y anime/tv-shows which usually show up during Christmas.. Completely <3able.