Cataclysm comes with 1 month free?

Hey there!

If I recall correct, all the previous xpacs came with a free 1 month gameplay. I pre-ordered the digital copy couple of days ago and just remembered this.

Will we be getting a free month?

I believe not, burning crusade and wotlk never gave us a free month so I would think blizzard will follow that trend.

Deleted
    You only get 1month free with your first xpacs

Deleted
    Only the original wow comes with 1 free month. There was however 1 free week for some reason.

You do realize you pay for that first month right? The boxed game has a price tag

I remember not getting a free month with Wotlk, so not expecting one with this expansion. free 15$ would be awesome though. Being a student = kinda poor.

Im not thinking it comes with a free month, thats only for new accounts.. I sure hope they drop the prices of the old versions and put them all in a warchest for like 40-50$... Kinda ridiculous if you wanna make another account...

Quote Originally Posted by Hemophobe View Post
    Im not thinking it comes with a free month, thats only for new accounts.. I sure hope they drop the prices of the old versions and put them all in a warchest for like 40-50$... Kinda ridiculous if you wanna make another account...
    If you go to the Blizzard Store online they have the first three on sale right now..

Hmm i thought i saw something somewhere,sometime, that did say we were getting a free month...guess i was wrong.
    Video games and the female audience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ZVZRsy8N8

No, you do not get a free month. Only free month you get is from vanilla WoW, no expansion will ever give you a free month of subscription unless they have some sort of special offer cause their game is not selling well :P

Negative. No free month. The only free month you get was when you purchased vanilla

I got free month from vanilla and the burning crusade back in 2007. No free month from wrath and don't expect any from cata either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemophobe View Post
    You can buy a full Wrath account for $20 right now.

What Blizzard don't tell you is the first month with an original purchase is not actually free. Rather, WoW itself is free, but as your first month is going to be spent mainly with a feeling of awestuck wonder at how cool and vast the game is, they charge you more for it. It might be just as long as other months, but its a better quality month. Fun is not guaranteed, as you can elect to not enjoy your experince, however as fun is included with the month regardless of your choice to accept it or not, you cannot forgo the extra charge for this initial month.

The same thing happens when you get an expansion. You are expected to have a new honeymoon period with your fresh shiyn expansion, and thus have to pay more for that month. So, they charge it with the free box. This is also why its against the law to sell your account because, lets be honest, who in their right mind would want to sell their own fun to someone else? By making it illegal (yes illegal!) to sell your account Blizzard is safeguarding the integrity of our fun.