Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb To everyone who is complaining about not getting a pet for the 6th anniversary?

Its true that those of us who been playing wow since the first 3 years didn't get into the collecting pets phenomenon. The reason being because at that time pets weren't great until they implemented the achievement system. When they added an achievement to collect pets that's when a lot of players went into this pet collecting frenzy(This also implies to mounts as well). So for the 4th and 5th anniversary they decided to give us a polar bear pet and onyxia whelping. Now I would guarantee that if there was no achievement to collecting pets and mounts everything would be a lot different and I would bet a lot of you wont even care to collect them.

Now blizzard has about 7 pets in there store now on sale for real money. Now I really like the plushies that comes with the pet which is an excellent idea. I can give them to my kids and take the pets for my game. I wish all of them came with one cause I'll get them all. Now we also have the card game which also has pets and mounts and no one complains about not getting those either. Also no one complained about paying 40 bucks these past 2 years to see blizzcon mainly because they were actually paying for the pet. So you spent 80 bucks on 2 pets but your complaining about spending 20 on 2 pets.

But in blizzards defense they gave all of us a huge 6th anniversary gift. We have new quests and areas to play with now for all lv 1-60 zones. Horde players can get there goblin bike mount.
    We have new classes for races. Oh and did I forget that there are 4 new pets I found so far. (Thats 4) Mr.Grubbs, firefly, Whithers and singing sunflower plus the turkey from the world event. So that makes 5 pets. All this month before the expansion and we didn't have to pay squat. All this is FREE. So before complaining look at the big picture I just drew for you and enjoy the game.

But sure I wanted a pet this year as well like a nefarian whelping to go with my onyxia and deathwing, but hey I have 5 pets.

So thank you blizzard you gave us more than enough this year. Hope to see that nefarian whelping in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post
    /kiss ass moar
    Because it's so much better to just mindlessly bitch about everything, right?

/kiss ass moar
    What more do you want? Explain.

War30 u said that u found 5 pets and all that. Even if you have a point you said that we didnt have to pay for sqaut. I would like to beg to differ because last time i checked everyone was paying 15 bucks a month to play... o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    To all those making posts having anything to do with the anniversary pet.

Stop.

I collected pets in vanilla, but i don't now. i used to put alot of effort into pets back then, now i just casually grab them.

I agree with OP we got so much recently, we don't really need another new pet

What about a Tabard? :-D

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    So thank you blizzard you gave us more than enough this year.
    I do recall farming icc for a year... if it weren't for cata people would simply quit playing. So its not exactly a gift.

/kiss ass moar
    Because as we all know, if you try to actually say something positive and don't think Blizzard is an evil corporation bent on world domination, you are not being a reasonable person, you are just kissing ass.

End sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    Because as we all know, if you try to actually say something positive and don't think Blizzard is an evil corporation bent on world domination, you are not being a reasonable person, you are just kissing ass.

End sarcasm.
    /doom
    you made me lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a fanboy will not, I repeat, will NOT get you employed with Blizzard. So, now you know that, how about a little reality check.

Blizzard, who make $150,000,000 EACH MONTH are charging us for companion pets? How does this work, we don't own our accounts or toons, so how can they SELL us companion pets...??.. We CAN'T own them.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    But in blizzards defense they gave all of us a huge 6th anniversary gift. We have new quests and areas to play with now for all lv 1-60 zones. Horde players can get there goblin bike mount.
    We have new classes for races. Oh and did I forget that there are 4 new pets I found so far. (Thats 4) Mr.Grubbs, firefly, Whithers and singing sunflower plus the turkey from the world event. So that makes 5 pets. All this month before the expansion and we didn't have to pay squat. All this is FREE. So before complaining look at the big picture I just drew for you and enjoy the game.
    I HATE when people use this as an arguement. Blizzard is NOT giving us cata as a 6th anniversary gift. All of the stuff that is happening with cata has NOTHING to do with 6th anniversary. Its like saying "Hey you dont get a birthday gift because I took you to McDonalds last night." Please people stop trying to use this arguement, they have nothing to do with each other.

Personally im not a huge pet collector. But the little pets/trinkets whatever I get from these events are something I look forward to. I love collecting random stupid crap, and when I look back at my tabards pets etc. They remind me of the events, the brewfest stuff reminds me how much I like brewfest and isnt that why people go to places like Canada and get souvenirs? To remind them of their trip? I would have liked something just so I could eventually look back and be like hey heres my pet from this years anniversary and this other years and so on, wow I've been playing wow for awhile, or awesome wow has been around for 6 years thats pretty cool.

It's not that I'm pissed I didn't get something, just dissapointed that blizz couldnt put a little effort into it. Lately blizz has kinda just been like eh, we'll give them and achivement that'll keep em happy. But as you can see by all these posts, no, it doesnt keep us happy. With cata so close I can see why we didnt get a pet or some trinket/tabard. But I really hope they dont keep up this trend of "ACHIVEMENTS ARE GOOD ENUF."

Also yes. Blizzard is being really lame by not giving us anything for their 6th anniversary other then an achivement and the ability to buy pets from them. Blizzard, is one of the few good game companies out there, I hope they don't start charging me for everything left and right like most MMO's.
    Last edited by Miku; 2010-12-01 at 12:10 AM.

In my opinion people are annoyed because in every expansion there was a vanity reward for completing the quests surrounding the events taking place in WoW.

A few examples follow,
    Burning Crusade: Tabard of the Protector
    Wrath of the Lich King: Tabard of the Argent Dawn, Haunted Momento

I'm sure there are others besides myself that would have been pleased with a small vanity-type item to keep in our bags next to the aforementioned.

It's not for anyone else's benefit.

It's just a keepsake for the amount of time we've put in.

I know some people like to /afk with all of their vanity stuff on, but the presence of attention seeking people isn't a reason not to give out just a little something to keep with us during our exploits in the World of Warcraft.

That being said, it is impossible for everyone to be pleased with everything.

So the best that you can do is keep moving forward and hope that in the future there will more keepsake-type events.

Although, personally I find it distasteful that they put in two purchasable pets from their site and no reward for the shattering events.

I'm not torn up about any of this, and there really isn't any reason for other people to be. In the grand scheme this is not much at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeind View Post
    Being a fanboy will not, I repeat, will NOT get you employed with Blizzard. So, now you know that, how about a little reality check.

Blizzard, who make $150,000,000 EACH MONTH are charging us for companion pets? How does this work, we don't own our accounts or toons, so how can they SELL us companion pets...??.. We CAN'T own them.
    By that logic, British Petroleum owes you a vanity pet every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    In my opinion people are annoyed because in every expansion there was a vanity reward for completing the quests surrounding the events taking place in WoW.

A few examples follow,
    Burning Crusade: Tabard of the Protector
    Wrath of the Lich King: Tabard of the Argent Dawn, Haunted Momento

I'm sure there are others besides myself that would have been pleased with a small vanity-type item to keep in our bags next to the aforementioned.

It's not for anyone else's benefit.

It's just a keepsake for the amount of time we've put in.

I know some people like to /afk with all of their vanity stuff on, but the presence of attention seeking people isn't a reason not to give out just a little something to keep with us during our exploits in the World of Warcraft.

That being said, it is impossible for everyone to be pleased with everything.

So the best that you can do is keep moving forward and hope that in the future there will more keepsake-type events.

Although, personally I find it distasteful that they put in two purchasable pets from their site and no reward for the shattering events.

I'm not torn up about any of this, and there really isn't any reason for other people to be. In the grand scheme this is not much at all.
    Bolded the truths in this shit.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Bolded the truths in this shit.
    So did everyone forget about the Darkspear/Gnomeregan Pride? I'd definitely classify those as "a vanity reward for completing the quests surrounding the events taking place in WoW". I love my Darkspear Pride and I keep it in my bags at all times for lulz.