Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I guess continuing the story is to hard of a concept for people to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by cattleclysm View Post
    Am I in the ballpark here?
    Yes.

That, and they've been working with Humans, Gnomes, and Draenei. All (Draenei in particular) are heavy into the Arcane arts. That they would start to regain some sense of awareness of it being used responsibly is not out of the question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Moonfire/Starfire/Starfall are all arcane. (not going from a lore point of view at all here). So they have been using arcane magic for a while now with druids and possibly others.
    game mechanics so druids arnt fucked when locked out of a school

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    game mechanics so druids arnt fucked when locked out of a school
    Frost or fire is more natural than arcane but I guess they didn't want to make druids into shaman clones. Probably a wise move. I think the Moonfire type spells are cooler for them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by cattleclysm View Post
    The basis behind this argument is the fact that Night Elves banished Arcane magic from their society for roughly 10,000 years. The possibility of Night Elves renewing their ties to Arcane magic "Breaks canon."

This kind of boggles my mind because if Night Elves all of a sudden start using Arcane magic again...doesn't that become part of the lore? They banned it under penalty of death for a hundred centuries due to what they caused...if they see the new threats that will arise from Deathwing's return as a means to justify taking up Arcane magic again...who should really care from an OOC perspective? At that point it becomes lore. It becomes canon.

It's not like they never used Arcane magic to begin with and all of a sudden they can use it. They are fully capable of using it, and using it well. It was a choice to stop using use it and ban it. They weren't cut off from it. They didn't forget how. They weren't magically unable. They CHOSE not to use it. Now they might CHOOSE to use it again.

Am I in the ballpark here?
    Yes, i'm not sure why the title says that it is against lore cause its not. The greatest mages of all time were and always will be some form of elves, which the night elves in turn are decendents of.

Nightelves are actually the original users of arcane magic on Azeroth. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    BOSS IS TANKED BY 1 TANK, OTHER TANK JUST JERKS OFF TILL THAT ONE ADD COMES OUT LOL SO FUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Dear sir, would you kindly stop saying such retarded bullshit?

ive read somewhere that the night elves youre seeing as mages are suposed to be highelves or something like that

highbornes say hi.

as said multiple times, high elves were the first to channel well of eternity powers to become magic users.

Just got to 40 on my nelf mage. Nearly got potals... ANYWAY. I love the roleplay aplications of playing a young highborne elf, striving to be first nightelf archmage in dalaran. Cant wait.