Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cata greens/blues on live

Ok i didn't see anything related to this, so i posted this new thread.

When i logged in today i was met with a few links of Cata items from my friend. They were level 78-81 greens that he somehow got, and he said that he asked a GM and the GM said that he wouldn't get in trouble for getting these new items even though the expansion hasn't released yet.

So i guess i have 2 questions, can he actually get in trouble for it and how exactly did he get the items?
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Unless he was somehow able to equip them and you saw them via inspect, I call bull.

He was probably using a mod that fished up the item code, allowing him to link it.

Deleted
    If he linked "Of the [random stats]" items, it's legit, and he has them. However, anything else and I call bull if you haven't seen him with them on.

Well if he gotthem from another player .. they'll be removed eventually.

If he obtained them himself, then he used one of the many exploits to get into a cta zone and kill an npc mob till it dropped. This usually leads to a 72 hour ban from what I've seen.

it's very very doubtful a Gm would let it slide and tell him he could keep the items if they are indeed 81+

no he actually has the items, he has a couple equipped

edit: like one of the items is a 78 with an ilevel of like, 283 i believe

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, i thought this would be something usefull, like how quickly cata greens and blues would replace wrath epics (from 200-277)

i am dissapoint

i myself have had a few of these drop from lvl 80 areas. and yes you can not get banned the items were added in 4.0.3a if they were to ban you it would be unjust. as how can they ban you for something they added to the game and can drop from lvl 80 mobs.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    i myself have had a few of these drop from lvl 80 areas. and yes you can not get banned the items were added in 4.0.3a if they were to ban you it would be unjust. as how can they ban you for something they added to the game and can drop from lvl 80 mobs.
    you're saying they can drop in northrend? i dont think ive seen anyone i know find one there

I believe that when TBC was launched we saw the same thing with 60+ items dropping in old world. But i might be mistaken.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I call bull

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I believe that when TBC was launched we saw the same thing with 60+ items dropping in old world. But i might be mistaken.
    we did. i saved what i found for alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are level 85 mobs in SW harbour, People on my realm have skinned them and recieved the "arctic fur" equivalent. not sure how they skinned tho... but the special skins are on the AH for all to see... wouldnt suprise me if they dropped greens and blues aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Rankashanka View Post
    there are level 85 mobs in SW harbour, People on my realm have skinned them and recieved the "arctic fur" equivalent. not sure how they skinned tho... but the special skins are on the AH for all to see... wouldnt suprise me if they dropped greens and blues aswell
    450 Skinning should theoretically let you skin mobs up to level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    you're saying they can drop in northrend? i dont think ive seen anyone i know find one there
    yes i was like wtf lvl 81????? ill check ym bags for it and get a wowhead link for the item that dropped i got it whiel doing the argen tournament daily for killing the ten corrupted thingies.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Atlas loot has been updated to show all the gear and vanity items of Cataclysm. It is easy to find something on there and link it as you wish.

For some time there was a glitch where people were able to get into Hyjal on live and kill mobs. Blarckrock still has a few of the greens/blues on the AH for excessive amounts of gold.

atlast loot deosnt usual show green items from mobs though does it

None of this is important.

People were able to 'get into' Uldum\Mt Hyjal using Mind Control and other exploits, and were able to 'farm' mobs|veins|herbs there for a couple of hours until its fixed.

They probably will get banned or whatever, but i've seen Cinderblooms, Savage Leather, Pristine Hides, Embersilk Cloth and all kind of uncommon ilvl 283 items on the AH and on random guys on the realm. So yea, they're out there!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atlasloot imo