Thread: Hunter Healing

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hunter Healing

I've noticed that every class has a self healing or absorbtion spell, all but hunters. Rogues have recuperate, mages have shields/evo, and warriors even get a 10k victory rush heal. As a hunter myself I tend to die in battlegrounds nonstop do to DOTs. Any thoughts about this?

Hunters have pets?
    Edit: That they can heal by the way

10+ Year Old Account
    Beastmaster
    Spirit beast
    ????
    profit..

old joke aside, we have quite a powerful heal as Beastmaster hunters with spirit beasts, instant heal for X and places a hot for X each 2 sec over 10 sec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontanilla View Post
    I've noticed that every class has a self healing or absorbtion spell, all but hunters. Rogues have recuperate, mages have shields/evo, and warriors even get a 10k victory rush heal. As a hunter myself I tend to die in battlegrounds nonstop do to DOTs. Any thoughts about this?
    As MM you got Chim shot to heal you

BM you can get a spiritbeast

Surv: none afaik? someone correct me if im wrong

Deleted
    Get a profession that gives you one of these mechanics, buy pots, and if all else fails reroll to spacegoat. but whatever you do, stop QQing untill you find something reasonable to QQ about.

Play with a healer friend, best heals ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Limiter View Post
    Beastmaster
    Spirit beast
    ????
    profit..

old joke aside, we have quite a powerful heal as Beastmaster hunters with spirit beasts, instant heal for X and places a hot for X each 2 sec over 10 sec.
    This, unfortunately Spirit Beasts are difficult to come by still.

What profession can heal me for a good amount?

Without a doubt does this class need some form of self-healing, or some sort of DoT remover, you really can't dismiss that fact when you look at every other class. But they probably won't give us anything. The class has so much potential for it with different abilities, but Blizzard does not see this. Deterrence removing DoTs, master's call removing DoTs or transferring them to the pet, an actual good spirit bond, a health-drain tacked onto Widow Venom to actually make the abilitiy worth using (lol 10% healing debuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    This, unfortunately Spirit Beasts are difficult to come by still.
    Not if you're a real hunter. I've known people to camp a mob 4 hours a day for weeks at time, others have offered bounties for coordinates of where they currently are. I've even sat hours waiting for a pet before.(I had no life for several months)

It is time consuming but not difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >
    Thanks Boub for this epic sig! lol.

From the comments I am reading you all are saying if a hunter wants to heal he HAS to be beastmaster and HAS to have a spiritbeast. Kinda narrows down the boundaries of WoW don't ya think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson View Post
    Not if you're a real hunter. I've known people to camp a mob 4 hours a day for weeks at time, others have offered bounties for coordinates of where they currently are. I've even sat hours waiting for a pet before.(I had no life for several months)

It is time consuming but not difficult.
    i have 3 of the 4 current beasts, Skoll, Arcturis and Gondria, i spent my entire playtime (from when i logged on till i logged of 10 hours give or take) to camp them one at a time, here's my macro from when i was still hunting

Hello there people, Im currently looking for the following beasts; Skoll, Gondria, Loque'nahak, Arcturis, King krush. if you have seen any of those i've listed, please whisper me, will pay 5k gold For information or help that will lead to its capture (Tame)!

amazingly, i only had to pay 5k for king krush

anyway, my point beeing, there's ALOT of hunters out there, and to make matters worse, there's an achievment to KILL king krush / Loque'nahak. making our job even worse. and to top it, they have tons of spawn locations (save arcturis).

it IS hard, AND time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanilla View Post
    From the comments I am reading you all are saying if a hunter wants to heal he HAS to be beastmaster and HAS to have a spiritbeast. Kinda narrows down the boundaries of WoW don't ya think?
    Chimera shot isn't in the BM tree, while 5% of your health isn't the best it's still something

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 03:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Limiter View Post
    i have 3 of the 4 current beasts, Skoll, Arcturis and Gondria, i spent my entire playtime (from when i logged on till i logged of 10 hours give or take) to camp them one at a time, here's my macro from when i was still hunting

Hello there people, Im currently looking for the following beasts; Skoll, Gondria, Loque'nahak, Arcturis, King krush. if you have seen any of those i've listed, please whisper me, will pay 5k gold For information or help that will lead to its capture (Tame)!

amazingly, i only had to pay 5k for king krush

anyway, my point beeing, there's ALOT of hunters out there, and to make matters worse, there's an achievment to KILL king krush / Loque'nahak. making our job even worse. and to top it, they have tons of spawn locations (save arcturis).

it IS hard, AND time consuming.
    There's an achievement to kill all the rare elites in outlands and notherened. I get your point, it does take a large amount of luck and time. Luck and time does not equal it being hard however. Hard would be saying you have to go into ICC 10/25 with people you trust and hope the healer can keep you alive while you get your face bashed in by an 83 elite. I'll give you that, the elites/named mobs that have knockout abilites suck ass, but again it's just a matter of time.

My wife and myself have farmed multiple rare elites in northerend for our hunters.

That macro is nice, and my shittest time was with Loq. I spent 8 days trying to get him 5 hours a day. I even posted bounties of 5 and 10k. I finally got someone to respond back to one and sure enough I show up and Loq is there, but dead at his feet!!! Then he had the nerve to tell me I still owed him money cause I didn't specify I wanted his location and to be unharmed >.<

Trust me I've done it too and I know the statistical probability of getting one. It's not hard though.
    And, on a more hostile sidenote that I can't put in a news post. Seriously, who the fuck takes mmowned as a reliable source to the point where news sites will just repost it without any double check? Now I'm sad, or mad, or both. I don't know. >

Hunters' lack of self-heal may have been a non-issue pre 4.0, but with the addition of Recuperate for rogues, that makes every single class in the game except us with baseline self-heals (except mages, although I don't think anyone can tell me frost mages need any more survivability as things currently stand, and even then, glpyhed Evocation is pretty potent). I don't support complete class homogenization, but this is a severe PvP balance issue. In a PvP environment where healer mana is even more valuable, and matches aren't over in a stunlock (ie. Cata), it becomes more and more important for every class being able to somewhat sustain themselves if their healer is temporarily out of commission. Hunters are far and away THE most frail class in the game in the moment, and the prime kill target for the vast majority of teams.

Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    Hunters' lack of self-heal may have been a non-issue pre 4.0, but with the addition of Recuperate for rogues, that makes every single class in the game except us with baseline self-heals (except mages, although I don't think anyone can tell me frost mages need any more survivability as things currently stand, and even then, glpyhed Evocation is pretty potent). I don't support complete class homogenization, but this is a severe PvP balance issue. In a PvP environment where healer mana is even more valuable, and matches aren't over in a stunlock (ie. Cata), it becomes more and more important for every class being able to somewhat sustain themselves if their healer is temporarily out of commission. Hunters are far and away THE most frail class in the game in the moment, and the prime kill target for the vast majority of teams.
    Again chimera, gives you back 1% more then ferals lotp, and bm hunters have spirit beasts with the ability. ya'll have self healing.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Begottenson View Post
    Again chimera, gives you back 1% more then ferals lotp, and bm hunters have spirit beasts with the ability. ya'll have self healing.
    Perhaps a better phrasing of this topic is we have no reliable "good" heal, and absolutely no way to truly deal with casters especially with that 40 yard range becoming the norm. And as of right now, being forced to stand still to gain focus through steady shot is ridiculous. I feel bad for all the low lvl hunters wanting to actually kite past the first initial burst. I do not understand why the hunter class, lore-wise possibly the most resourceful class type in the game, can't have any type of heal- just a thought. "survival" isn't much of a survival tree now is it?

Ironically the spec named ''Survival'' has no heal

Both BM and MM trees have abilties that heal, or improve healing done on you. BM specifically is probably the best for survivability right now, and if you have a Spirit Beast you also have a heal in that form, or being a Draenei. As for Survival, or indeed being any kind of Hunter, fost trapping and then eating the new level 80 food after using Feign Death is a pretty good heal.

As for profession, Alchemy has potions that both heal you and removal of dots, although it may have been removed post expansion. The last time I checked my bank though, my restorative potions were still there.

Alternatively, you could also aim to kill stuff before it kills you. Or follow around a healer.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Personaly I would like to see the removal of selfheal form the dps classes. Or atleast lower it compared to what it is now.
    Giving hunters a heal is just a easy fix of a problem. Its not like the game will suffer if dps will have to sit down a sec to eat once in a wile.