Thread: Early Xpac Play

Early Xpac Play

as i'm sure most of you know alot of people were able to get copies of the last xpac early (WotLK), i know this was the case especially in australia. Do you guys know since digital distribution is now in place, if you are able to acquire a disc copy of the game early will you be able to play as soon as its installed client side or will you still have to wait?
    Last edited by qban; 2010-12-01 at 08:03 AM.

Deleted
    You already have Cata on your system. Can you play in the new zones? Think about it.

Seeing as how theres probably millions of people (including myself) that already have everything thats on the disc downloaded. I would safely assume that it is server side.

Technically you can play it now, you are actually playing it.

The only thing that has to happen is that the servers get enabled for Cata (what happen on Dec 7 0:01, or just 1-2 hours earlier as usual) and that your account is flagged for Cata (this can be done digital or with the copy copy on the shop).
    My account is flagged for Cata thanks to the digital purcase, but i have to wait for the servers like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont get onto your server any earlier then anyone else on your server.

ive bought wow digital and im done with it installed. all i need is the pre 7th december patch that unlocks all the new content, just like everyone that buys the game in stores have to patch once they're done installing. If not blizzard added the unlocking "patch" with the data from the cds, you never know.. They could think 3 steps ahead, once or twice