Thread: Titan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MYOMEGA View Post
    No Microsoft does not own halo Bungie does. They broke off from Microsoft back around the time of halo3 they said they would keep halo on Xbox only but they have no reason other than their word to stay on xbox.
    Microsoft owns the rights to Halo, not Bungie. Bungie confirmed this in an interview when they made the pact with activision. I can't be arsed with finding it though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    MS owns the Halo franchise. Activision will never publish any Halo game unless they are sold the rights to.

Deleted
    If this Titan project turns out to be a Halo MMO, that'll be one of the first Blizzard games I won't buy, Halo is one of the most overrated game series of the last 2 generations, it's a mediocre shooter at best, and it's storyline wasn't all that great either.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    I still wanna see a Mass Effect MMO. If Blizzard could pull that off, they would have a customer for life out of me.
    Mass Effect is owned by Bioware, who are right now working on their own sci-fi MMORPG, little chance of a Mass Effect MMO anytime soon.
    Last edited by mmoc5c15c8a8c8; 2010-12-01 at 09:35 AM.

I am 99% sure that the new MMO (which I assume at this point is Titan) was announced to be an original story. But yeah, definitely won't be Halo, that's all Microsoft.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't we just wait and see?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstrider View Post
    Mass Effect is owned by Bioware, who are right now working on their own sci-fi MMORPG, little chance of a Mass Effect MMO anytime soon.

Bioware and Blizzard, my two favorite game developers. They must compete for my love.

I still wanna see a Mass Effect MMO. If Blizzard could pull that off, they would have a customer for life out of me.
    i love mass effect, i would never ever allow blizzard to touch that

as much as i love blizzard, and warcraft/starcraft/diablo, if there were to be made an MMO out of mass effect, let Bioware do it, to kepp all the retards out, let real RP be in that game, real character development, and not this retarded "farm dungeon for free gear" and /whine i can't get a new pet for the 6th anaversary bullshit goto ME

yes, dungeon farming and what not works in warcraft, cause... the majority of players are just here for lewts, but mass effect is just so way much more awesome then warcraft will ever be, and it shouldn't stoop down to the same level of "catoring to the masses" as warcraft :3

with that said, i still love warcraft how it is, and wouldn't change much about it... but mass effect is a different game, to be treated differently, and not by blizzard, but i do wish bioware would make ME mmo :3

I thought the halo mmo was gonna be like fallout/borderlands style

Didn't blizzard say the new MMO was based on a totally new IP? That would rule out Halo/Mass Effect.

And don't be so quick to dismiss MMOFPS as a bad idea. I think blizzard can manage to pull it off. You know, FPS does not automatically mean PvP. Blizzard is quite good at group PvE content. Now think about it for a second...

..Yeah.

Bungie....Blizzard.....Bioware.......

<.< >.>

guitar hero mmo would be awesome. think about it, activision and blizzzard...

GUITARHEROCRAFT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamftwlol View Post
    If there is ever a Halo MMO, I will kill myself. Just sayin...
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    guitar hero mmo would be awesome. think about it, activision and blizzzard...

GUITARHEROCRAFT
    The Old Gods of Ozzieroth have been awakened.. You must gather you allies and face the monsters of the underworld. Only by showing extreme guitar handling skills can you defeat them. To dominate the evil forces you yourself must become the instrument..

..of music.

No.

15+ Year Old Account
    I will never ever have anything to do with the Halo franchise.

So if Blizzard, Activision or anything/anyone that works with the SC/WOW/Diablo franchise joins up with anyone/anything that works with the Halo franchise or with Bungie i will instaquit.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    FPS PVP there's a billlion ways to do that already. FPS PVE not so much of that. I think I would like a squad based multiplayer shooter. 25 people running and gunning trying to take down a massive space beastie. Medics, heavy weapons, snipers, scouts, melee laser sword dudes. Epic rocket launcher loot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suduki View Post
    Why can't we just wait and see?
    Because people like to speculate. Personally I don't mind that much, but let's face it. We're going to discuss it pretty much to death anyway.

fps + mmo = ?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Except for the fact BIOWARE is about to be a competitor for blizzard with SWtoR, and they own Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    fps + mmo = ?

DOES NOT COMPUTE
    The only reason I play wow is because Planetside died, It died because SOE didn't advertise.

Quote Originally Posted by A J Rimmer View Post
    FPS PVP there's a billlion ways to do that already. FPS PVE not so much of that. I think I would like a squad based multiplayer shooter. 25 people running and gunning trying to take down a massive space beastie. Medics, heavy weapons, snipers, scouts, melee laser sword dudes. Epic rocket launcher loot.
    Yes, yes and yes. I've never played any FPS more than 2-3 months because they all lack depth. WoW however feels kind of passive once you learn your rotations. It doesn't matter what you are actually pointing your mouse at; being on the move doesn't make much of a difference and actually hinders your performance instead of increasing survivability. If the two were ever combined.. I better not get hyped up since the game is still 3+ years away, but wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one, hope that it doesn't turn out to be an MMOFPS. I suck at FPS games, save for COD6.
    Varian: Look, I didn't touch your gunship, okay!
    Garrosh: I witnessed, with my eyes, your TESTICLES on my gunship!
    -Argent_Captain