Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrimmsch View Post
    First of, i could win the lottery today and still would say its worthless and paying for it is stupid. I dont question you deffinition of fun but i doubt anyone is loughing happy while watching his nelf on a little trike...

And its always nice to read that some ppl except the problems of the world and clap in the hands because they are part of the poulation that isnt screwd =)

Of course im just someone poor who griefs for your welth... arg am i angry!
    you apparently can not afford good grammar either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironically View Post
    there is no real reason to take the mount away, if someone wants to pay money to faction change they should be able to keep it as there is no replacement mount for them to obtain.
    There's not supposed to be a mount to replace it because the alliance don't have goblins. The faction change option isn't meant to be used to get cross faction mounts etc, if that was the case they wouldn't bother converting all the mounts etc in the first place.

If you're stupid enough to spend 50 dollars to get a mount that only works until you dismount you have a lot of other more pressing issues to worry about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Did anyone stop to think that maybe these people weren't originally Alliance players, but started as Horde and decided just to go Alliance? I mean, that's overall $25 less dollars.

I love the Horde players blatant assumption that no Horde player would ever dare to actually leave the Horde. Man, you people are full of yourselves.

I also love that all the Horde think this "bug" should be fixed and the toys taken away. I mean, let's not even consider the option that this is likely even INTENTIONAL on Blizzard's part.

If anyone ever wonders why I hate Horde so much...this thread's responses should give you some indication.

Edit: It seems we don't get to keep our toy, anyway. Disappointing and also expected, since I forgot for a second there I'm still playing Blizzard's World of Hordecraft.
    Yeah, because we all care about your opinion so much.

On topic, like others said, it's just a temporary thing after the faction change. Chill, it's not permanent.

Ok so what I'm getting at is that this just turned into an Alliance vs Horde thread...How on earth that happened with a subject as innocent as the goblin mount is beyond me.

Let's look at some facts.

1. People can spend whatever they want on whatever they want.
    2. People can laugh at others if they think they overpayed for something they think is stupid.
    3. This mount may or may not stay with Alliance this way.
    4. This isn't a conspiracy by Blizzard to ninja your moneyz.
    5. Blizzard has removed things from the game, but usually not retroactively. (Meaning people will keep their trikes, but not be able to do it again.)

Would be cool if everyone just commented on the situation and stopped belittling others because you "think" they are on the opposite faction.

EDIT: So it's Temporary and this thread is pointless. Nifty.
    Last edited by Clawtrocity; 2010-12-01 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sars6588 View Post
    If you're stupid enough to spend 50 dollars to get a mount that only works until you dismount you have a lot of other more pressing issues to worry about.
    Indeed, you have spent money on a glitch. Well done!
    I'm pretty sure the next thing we will see will be these "clever" people whine on and on about how they want their money back.
    Newsflash, it most likely aint happening. Hopefully you got something out of it besides the one use trike. If not, well, you just wasted 50$.
    Of course, if it does stay for some reason and Actizzard decides you let you keep it, I'm happy for you. Enjoy the trike!

And for the record, I'm Alliance and I find this whole thing hillarious.

/tip hat.
    Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    First; I can afford it with ease
    Second; 60% mounts scale with your currently highest groundmount speed which is 100%.
    Third; Don't call people stupid just because YOU can't afford to do something. Quite sure you ranted about the Celestial Steed aswell.
    just because you can afford it with ease doesn't mean it isn't stupid to do...money management is one thing a lot of people in this world lack...spending 50$ for two mounts, because you can afford it isn't wise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironically View Post
    there is no real reason to take the mount away, if someone wants to pay money to faction change they should be able to keep it as there is no replacement mount for them to obtain.

if you knew anything about faction transfers you would know that theres a list of changing mounts and if theres no mount for it to change to it will turn into a random faction mount. so when blizzard fixes it, it will change into a human steed, mechanostrider, nightsaber, ellek, or ram. blizzard will not refund people for this nor do they care that you did the faction transfer to do this, its your own dumb fault for wasting money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    Possibility that they might not, because of the fact that people paid money to do it. There have been a few bugs that Blizz has let people keep over the span of the game. Might be one of them. Not really worth the gamble for me personally though
    Earlier it was possible to get both alliance and horde wooly mammoth with a faction change.
    The counter part was removed in patch 4.0.1
    I had it myself

Quote Originally Posted by zorgone View Post
    When you are mounted when you log out, and then faction change, you are still mounted on that mount until you dismount.
    this

It's a Horde, racial mount - They will take it away form the Alliance, since it is aligned w/ the horde. Count on it. for those switching and hoping to let it remain, i doubt it will. that's money lost. just the hard cold truth.

I am slightly unhappy that the worgan did not get a new mount. I'm not really mad nor do i hate blizzard nor am i concerned about the horde to alliance balance between obtainable mounts. Like dave chappelle says in the janitor skit " i just like ti@@ies" well i just like mounts and i want to collect them.

I would faction change to horde and back to get this mount in a heart beat but i know they will probably fix this in the future. Like other posters have said $50 really is not that much i spend more than that on meals in a day. I would trade 1 dinner at a restaurant for the goblin trike any day and i would probably get longer lasting enjoyment from the trike as well.

My main question now is when they fix this problem (bug, exploit, whatev) what are they going to replace this mount with. From blizzard

"What will happen to the character's mounts when I change its faction?
    Mounts which are not considered faction-specific will remain unchanged by this process. Faction-specific mounts will be exchanged for a cross-faction equivalent. You can view a full list of faction-specific mounts and their equivalents here."

If you already own all of the other alliance mounts will they just take the trike and give nothing in return. Honestly i just don't understand why they didnt finish that pigboar mount whatever and give it to the worgen even if it wasn't as cool as a trike it would have cut down on the qq

Quote Originally Posted by Percy_Night View Post
    I am slightly unhappy that the worgan did not get a new mount. I'm not really mad nor do i hate blizzard nor am i concerned about the horde to alliance balance between obtainable mounts. Like dave chappelle says in the janitor skit " i just like ti@@ies" well i just like mounts and i want to collect them.

I would faction change to horde and back to get this mount in a heart beat but i know they will probably fix this in the future. Like other posters have said $50 really is not that much i spend more than that on meals in a day. I would trade 1 dinner at a restaurant for the goblin trike any day and i would probably get longer lasting enjoyment from the trike as well.

My main question now is when they fix this problem (bug, exploit, whatev) what are they going to replace this mount with. From blizzard

"What will happen to the character's mounts when I change its faction?
    Mounts which are not considered faction-specific will remain unchanged by this process. Faction-specific mounts will be exchanged for a cross-faction equivalent. You can view a full list of faction-specific mounts and their equivalents here."

If you already own all of the other alliance mounts will they just take the trike and give nothing in return. Honestly i just don't understand why they didnt finish that pigboar mount whatever and give it to the worgen even if it wasn't as cool as a trike it would have cut down on the qq
    it depends if you have all the alliance blue and epic mounts and war mounts, then i have no clue, they have a list on the world of Warcraft website about what changes to what, but iv done more than my fair share of faction changes and i know that on there somewhere it said if you already have he mount or theres not a mount to exchange for it, it will change into a random faction mount, cause i went from human priest to blood elf priest and got a random black riding wolf cause of one of the mounts i had but cannot remember what it was.
    Last edited by BloodVengeance; 2010-12-01 at 06:00 PM.

I think i found the claus at the bottom of the page that would apply

* Some reputations do not have an opposite-faction equivalent, and thus will not be included in a faction change. However, they will be restored at their previous levels if the character ever transfers back to their original faction.

so it looks like if you have the trike and faction change you will lose it but if you return to the horde you would not have to buy it again but then there are these

* If you own one of the discontinued epic mounts (Ivory Raptor, Ancient Frostsaber, etc) and you transfer to a race without discontinued mounts, you will be given a random discontinued mount from another race on your new faction.
    ** Some races have three varieties of the normal-speed mounts (require 75 riding skill), while others have four. During a faction change, you may receive a random normal-speed mount of a race in your new faction to accommodate this disparity. (Important Part) *****Your total number of mounts will be unaffected by a faction change*****

so maybe they will just give you a random mount that you do not have who know i guess only time will tell

Yes thats what i was saying, you will probably get a random mount or nothing. depending on how generous blizzard is feeling about you using a glitch to get a mount.

For the people ranting about Orb of Deception

The Gear is clearly Druid Gear i believe. Since the Orb, unless changed in the 4.0.3 patch, converts Undead to NE and vice versa.

Last time i checked - Undead couldn't roll druids.