Voters
461. This poll is closed
  • Yes

218 47.29%
  • No

243 52.71%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    First off, it wasn't him who "necroed" the post. Pay attention to post dates before you go around pointing fingers.

Second, posting in a thread after it's been off the front page for just a day is hardly what can be called a necro.

Finally, I still wouldn't call the Horde the "bad guy" faction even in Cataclysm. I would call them one of two belligerents in a war where either side is doing retarded shit to the other side. Orcs attacking night elves in order to get lumber, or undead attacking Gilneas and plague bombing everything? These things can be considered to be bad, especially the undead plaguing everything, but on the flip side you have humans attacking and burning tauren villages and attempted murder on up-to-that-point-neutral goblins.

Horde vs. Alliance is not the "Good vs. Evil" war it was back in WC1&2. Instead, it's a competition for what remains of the world's resources, but it's also a peen contest between two ass clown brats. Honestly, the best solution, take Garrosh and Chynn and stick them in an arena. Hopefully they'll just kill each other so the smarter elements of Horde and Alliance can come to agreements and dealing with more pressing threats.

But Blizzard won't do that, because Horde vs. Alliance provides us with too much entertainment.
    no they are not the bad guys...yet. but thats how the story is taking them. not to worry though, because blizzard will NEVER paint the horde as bad guys again, unless the franchise starts losing money and they try to change things up. They wont make horde bad guys same reason they wont kick undead out of horde.

however, the direction they are going right now is silly at best, it doesnt even make sense from a story and logic standpoint. unless the orcs that were under the influence of demon control really didnt mention the horrible things to their children.

Quote Originally Posted by mamaduck View Post
    I don't know if he should die. I just want Thrall back. He does a much better job as Warchief than Garrosh.
    And what did thrall do the last few years?

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    He shows up at the end, threatens to kill you and if it weren't for the druid standing there, he would throw you off, too. Yea, great leader there. Listens to all sides of the situation before he.... no, he just knee-jerks and starts indiscriminately slaughtering and pissing off allies.
    He just thinks you're part of Krom'gars "betrayal." It isn't his fault if he thinks you're betraying the Horde by helping a commander.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Can't we for once have a expansion with out someone dying, please! :'(
    No one died in TBC... Well Illidan and Kael and Vashj ofc, but they were villains, but aside from that...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by vrokis View Post
    Garrosh wont die.
    They wouldnt put this much development into a 'new' character and suddenly kill him off. Garrosh is here to stay, proberly until wow packs up plus, the only other realistic candidate was Dranosh Saurfang and well, that doesnt need explaining. It's already been said that Varok is to old and Cairne and Vol'jin would never be accepted by the orcs of the Horde, so same rules apply to Baine.
    and yet the others accept orcs. sounds like orcs are the racist biggots as a whole.

also, he can die, your argument that because they put work in him they wont kill him, is a fanciful wish.

however, thats not to say that its also a fanciful wish by many that he will die, he might simply wise up, or step down but still play a role in the hordes story.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glittertind View Post
    He just thinks you're part of Krom'gars "betrayal." It isn't his fault if he thinks you're betraying the Horde by helping a commander.
    the entire ending to the stonetalon questline is very questionable and out of character (not from the you killed innocents kinda way, though that is a bit, its not what im talking about)

Well it will be Vol'jin who kills him if you heard what he says in his hut on the Echo Isles. But I think A nice twist would be having Thrall come back and Garrosh not wanting to step down and let Thrall be warchief again. Garrosh would fight Thrall for leadership and if Thrall were to lose The other leaders finish him off. (I don't know about that goblin leader or blood elf leader, the blood elf leader never played any big parts that I know of).
    Wanna fight bro???

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh will be assassinated by a lone gnome rogue and the new leader of the Horde will be Kael'thas!

Garrosh Hellscream was merely a setback.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Undeath View Post
    Well it will be Vol'jin who kills him if you heard what he says in his hut on the Echo Isles. But I think A nice twist would be having Thrall come back and Garrosh not wanting to step down and let Thrall be warchief again.
    Realistically I think this is true about Vol'jin. Would be great to see that transpire.

I don't think Thrall is ever going back to the Horde. He's transcended all that petty nonsense.

[/COLOR]

Realistically I think this is true about Vol'jin. Would be great to see that transpire.

I don't think Thrall is ever going back to the Horde. He's transcended all that petty nonsense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess, over at the Thrown of elements i forgot who it was but he/she said "You must choose, Shaman or Warchief" Not sure if that is word for word but it was somthing like that.

---------- Post added 2010-12-02 at 06:30 PM ----------

Fail quote!
    Wanna fight bro???

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    no they are not the bad guys...yet. but thats how the story is taking them. not to worry though, because blizzard will NEVER paint the horde as bad guys again, unless the franchise starts losing money and they try to change things up. They wont make horde bad guys same reason they wont kick undead out of horde.

however, the direction they are going right now is silly at best, it doesnt even make sense from a story and logic standpoint. unless the orcs that were under the influence of demon control really didnt mention the horrible things to their children.
    Something tells me that you didn't read everything I had to say. You got to the part about Horde not really being the "bad guy" faction, felt a little hurt in the butt, and started writing a comeback without going further. Is that it?

Alright, here's the thing. The only ones in the Horde who can be considered a true "bad guy" at this point is Sylvanas, who is, in fact, the first and only racial leader who was used as a direct antagonist in a racial starting area. Those who play Worgen are going to go through the Gilneas starting quests and when they're done, many of them are going to think that Sylvanas is the real villain of WoW instead of Deathwing. That's Blizzard setting up a major player for the Horde as a villain, so your little chapped in the ass, self-entitled theory about "Blizzard NEVER painting Horde as bad guys" can go to hell.

Whether they decide to follow that up with Sylvanas getting killed in a raid or some special encounter? I would like to think so, because she does deserve to die now (again, Silverpine doesn't count because she's still a bitch after the fact), and the Forsaken deserve a better leader. But that's just my opinion.

Now, aside from Sylvanas, does that really excuse the shenanigans that the Alliance are pulling in areas like South Barrens and their raid on Camp Taurajo? Or attacking goblins just on the basis of "no witnesses while we kidnap Thrall"? Neither does it excuse any of Garrosh's retarded actions either, so in the whole core of things it's still a war of two sides being assholes to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    Something tells me that you didn't read everything I had to say. You got to the part about Horde not really being the "bad guy" faction, felt a little hurt in the butt, and started writing a comeback without going further. Is that it?

Alright, here's the thing. The only ones in the Horde who can be considered a true "bad guy" at this point is Sylvanas, who is, in fact, the first and only racial leader who was used as a direct antagonist in a racial starting area. Those who play Worgen are going to go through the Gilneas starting quests and when they're done, many of them are going to think that Sylvanas is the real villain of WoW instead of Deathwing. That's Blizzard setting up a major player for the Horde as a villain, so your little chapped in the ass, self-entitled theory about "Blizzard NEVER painting Horde as bad guys" can go to hell.

Whether they decide to follow that up with Sylvanas getting killed in a raid or some special encounter? I would like to think so, because she does deserve to die now (again, Silverpine doesn't count because she's still a bitch after the fact), and the Forsaken deserve a better leader. But that's just my opinion.

Now, aside from Sylvanas, does that really excuse the shenanigans that the Alliance are pulling in areas like South Barrens and their raid on Camp Taurajo? Or attacking goblins just on the basis of "no witnesses while we kidnap Thrall"? Neither does it excuse any of Garrosh's retarded actions either, so in the whole core of things it's still a war of two sides being assholes to each other.

the reason i dont reply to the rest is it doesnt seem to have much to do with the topic. this is not a who thinks sylvanas should die, there was already a few threads on that.

and in the first post i quoted you basically echoed my earlier post in this thread, so i didnt really feel a need to go /brofist

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    he be no warchief of mine
    The true vanilla wow test is whether or not they miss Vanilla. If they do, they didn't play in Vanilla.

i wanna thrall back with garosh killer title

Quote Originally Posted by AedanWolfe View Post
    and yet the others accept orcs. sounds like orcs are the racist biggots as a whole.

also, he can die, your argument that because they put work in him they wont kill him, is a fanciful wish.

however, thats not to say that its also a fanciful wish by many that he will die, he might simply wise up, or step down but still play a role in the hordes story.)

Yeah your right, but sadly thats the way it is.
    So please tell me, who will replace him?
    I have already cancelled out the other possibilities and with Thrall holding the world together and being hinted at becoming the new aspect of earth I doubt it will be him.

Garrosh wont step down, or die. He is the new leader of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    His job was to rally the horde now his job his done , let thrall leave to other errand. Appart rallying the horde what did thrall achieved???
    You mean aside from helping save the entire planet from the burning legion, founding a nation, and now holding the world together? Not much really.