Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nobody cares, take your thread elswhere.
    Sarah yells: I am the lucid dream
    Sarah yells: The monster in your nightmares
    Sarah yells: The fiend of a thousand faces
    Sarah yells: Cower before my true form
    Yogg-Saron yells: BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not worth it, now go quit and enjoy life. Good day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Deleted
    35 Euro?

Be a real man and get the collectors edition.

Pussy'ole.

you're doing it wrong.

It's 29 euros here everywhere (holland).

And yes it's worth the 35/29/whatever euros.

Deleted
    buy it if you got the money, else stop QQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I'm excited because I still find the game fun, and don't require other people to tell me why it's fun.

Here's an answer: if you want to buy Cata because you're interested, go ahead. If not, don't.

It really is that simple...
    This

10+ Year Old Account
    In beta it looked great, even with bugs I enjoyed all of it. And I have a lot of friends who play, all of whom I'd like to keep playing with.
    Lightning Fast

If you're not convinced dont buy the game. Its simple as that

In all honestly it's NOT worth your money. Truth is wow offers new content that's exciting for the first 2 weeks then it's back to the same old bullshit about needing to grind for gear until you're geared enough, than they want you to move onto another char and do the same thing. WOW is one of the most boring MMO's out right now and is only serving as a stepping stone into an MMO that doesn't suck. SWTOR here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    Honestly, I share the feeling sometimes. You know what? You don't HAVE to buy it. If at any pointer later you feel like you're missing out and you want to play cata anyways, no one's going to stop you from playing it then.
    except you're not gonna be fullepic in 2 weeks like in wrath

I'm kinda in same situation as you here, Electric. But I'm 90% sure I'm gonna buy it. I played it for 3 years on a pretty much hardcore pve level (hate pvp, even though I still have my cherished Battlemaster, the only title I ever use). I've seen all game, killed every boss, no matter what level, done probably 99% of all quests in game including Scepter of the Shifting Sands chain, in short I was playing like crazy nolifer. Then I grew so much tired and sick of it, of having to be in top guilds to get bis gear before it becomes a shit, to have 99% attendance and have some crazy amount of knowledge about everything raiding-related in order to keep my spot, in short got sick of having to do something I really don't enjoy. Hell, it was like a friggin' job. So I got tired and quit. But now it's winter and I got absolutely nothing else to do, there're no good games for me out there and judging by redone quests from 4.03 Cata is going to at least have enough entertainement for couple of months of fun. I'm in a pretty bad financial situation atm so throwing extra ~70 bucks on wind doesn't sounds really good to me, but I know Cata'll keep me busy for couple of months before whole bunch of new, better, more interesting games comes out. So I most likely would have to buy it to keep myself busy.
    So ask yourself, do you have more interesting things to do than play wow? If yes -- then by all means, quit the game, just don't come back to it, enjoy other games or maybe life, I dunno. If I had a newer pc or a console with couple new good games I'd NEVER come back to wow.

Convince me that I should care whether or not you buy Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by zylya View Post
    I don't get paid enough to advertise someone else's product. Make up your own mind.
    Basically what this poster said.....why do I need to convince someone I don't know at all to pay money for someone's product?

Buy it ...don't buy it. Play it or don't play it... doesn't impact me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by amghealme View Post
    convince me that i should care whether or not you buy cata.

looool

Deleted
    Repeat after me: Uuuuuulduuuuuuuum.

What anyone else thinks doesn't matter, what you think about your own decisions is what matters.

Deleted
    If you lack money for paying bills and stuff, don't. If you really wanna play and have fun, do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be brutally honest if you need a player to convince you to play the expansion with all the information available then you should just go play something else. So far Cata looks amazing and totally worth the money imo.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Try and live a life without wow for a few weeks. Yeah, you'll miss the first week of cata. So? If you enjoy living a 'normal' life (yeah, I lol'd irl right there), don't buy cata.

If you don't want to spend money on it, write on your wishlist for xmas.

I, for one, will be buying cataclysm. It's bloodeh awesome!!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric View Post
    Basicly, my problem is this:

I have been playing wow since classic, sometimes hardcore, sometimes casual, sometimes PvP, sometimes PvE, I have even played Beta. I am not at all excited to play cataclysm, and I dont know why, I really want to be excited about cataclysm, but I'm just not. I play a shaman, and for resto and elemental it seems there is almost no extra PvP utility or PvE niches. I've played heroics , and it seems healing is far too hard and dpsing is too easy, if one group member is not so skilled, you lose.

It seems like it is going to take ages to get gear from battlegrounds, and if you have bad luck in Arena you wont get any points at all, mana seems to be way too powerful (When your full mana nothing dies due to fast op heals etc) and I'm not looking forward to doing rated BG's where mana is the only deciding factor(Blue beam warlocks )

So, referring back to the title, please tell me why you're so excited about cataclysm.

Electrified
    I won't even try to convince you, why should I?

And Cataclysm questing is great, PvE actually isn't as bad as it was according to some in Wrath, and PvP has Rated BG's, which I love.

Have fun, and go check out other MMO's.