Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry EXTREMELY irritating situation regarding Enchanting...

I decided to level Enchanting today on my DK.
    I had almost all the mats required ready plus a macro for spamming...

/script DoTradeSkill(GetTradeSkillSelectionIndex());
    /use Aurora Bracers
    /script ReplaceEnchant();

That does the selected enchant in the right "use".
    Everything worked out fine and i leveled to 200 in about 30 minutes.
    Then i needed to do a Runed Truesilver Rod.
    Again i had almost all the mats ready but i was lacking a [Black Pearl]
    UNFORTUNATELY black pearl as of 4.0.3a ONLY DROPS from TURTLES and HYENA mobs INSIDE MARAUDON and above that its not in the beginning of the instance but to the FAR BACK!!!!!!!
    I run maraudon 2 times now and still no drop and trust me it takes me 45 minutes per run since the walking alone is enormous.
    OFC there is also NONE TO BE FOUND at the AH for obvious reasons.
    PLEASE if anyone has heard anything from a blue post or something reply my head is almost ready to explode from excess rage.

IT really makes you wonder why they increased the drop rate on Golden Pearl alone tbh.

Deleted
    Finally enchanting got some love =D

On a more serious note, im pretty sure your stuck running Maraudon etc for your pearls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemists used to only be able to make flasks in an Alchemy Lab. There were only two in the game, they were in Scholomance and BWL. So they had to go there each time they wanted to create a flask.

Maybe that will make you feel better?
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    Alchemists used to only be able to make flasks in an Alchemy Lab. There were only two in the game, they were in Scholomance and BWL. So they had to go there each time they wanted to create a flask.

Bring back more thinks like this . I'm glad they did that for enchanting. I'm so sick of the casual nonsense, to be perfectly honest. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they fixed it. Enough people will complain, I'm sure.

I got a black perl in a clam from fishing in azhera. gogo fish :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post

Do you remember where the old enchanting trainer was too? Yea, Uldaman. Vanilla WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by snodeath View Post
    Do you remember where the old enchanting trainer was too? Yea, Uldaman. Vanilla WoW...
    Indeed I do remember that! It was so much more epic and immersive, albeit a ridiculous pain in the ass. You felt like you accomplished something just by leveling 10 points in a profession and trekking across the world to train new recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltrond View Post
    Indeed I do remember that! It was so much more epic and immersive, albeit a ridiculous pain in the ass. You felt like you accomplished something just by leveling 10 points in a profession and trekking across the world to train new recipes.
    This was trully a WORLD now it's just FPS game with quests.

How about smelting and crafting with dark iron?

Quote Originally Posted by Poodles View Post
    How about smelting and crafting with dark iron?
    I didn't play until after 3.3.2 (so a complete noob anyway) and was a BS/Miner. I saw on the AH all kinds od Dark Iron Ore - and it was very cheap - and thought "I could level really easy, i'll just buy up all this cheap ore" *twinkle in eye*. Boy was I mistaken! I only ever made Dark Iron bars and items after I had to get the Eng recipe needed for Jeeves; items took forever to sell, never have been back. Too funny.

Deleted
    As far as actually getting the pearls goes now, it's either a couple (million) runs of Mauradon, wait for the AH, or go fish.

Good luck

It would be more of a TPS (third person) but I'm hoping with cata and forcing you to travel to places instead of porting everywhere will make it seem bigger again.

OT: Spam trade for people to check their banks. Alot of people just collect a bunch of random crap like that. Worth a shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god the horror, I have hated uldaman ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    It would be more of a TPS (third person) but I'm hoping with cata and forcing you to travel to places instead of porting everywhere will make it seem bigger again.

OT: Spam trade for people to check their banks. Alot of people just collect a bunch of random crap like that. Worth a shot
    haha, this! We always keep a lot of crap in our guild bank.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    This was trully a WORLD now it's just FPS game with quests.
    This is true. Everything in the game is so accessible now that its no longer the World of Warcraft. it should be renamed to:

"The Group of People standing in the same place requesting Portals to various Warcraft related Zones"

Maybe try to buy it in /trade? Either that or just watch the AH. At least they removed the Golden Pearl requirement, be happy about that.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Oh god the horror, I have hated uldaman ever since.
    I'm with you on this one, hate that place! haha

Quote Originally Posted by boomcan View Post
    This is true. Everything in the game is so accessible now that its no longer the World of Warcraft. it should be renamed to:

"The Group of People standing in the same place requesting Portals to various Warcraft related Zones"
    Do you use a car to go places irl or do you forgo the convenience and walk because you think your destination should take a long time to reach. Yea I didn't think so. Besides if you don't like it then walk to where you want to go just because you think the world should feel bigger doesn't mean everyone does.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

i dont think you should be complaining about "casualcraft" for stuff that was epic 5-6 years ago , now if new epics in catac would be easily farmable in 1 day, that I believe would be something else. the world is growing. your character is growing with it. if it was what it was before, I'd be bored to death. sure you feel accomplishment the first time, but after a few days, id definitely be bored with it.

Some call it epic, but honestly, it was simply annoying.
    Oh I don't miss vanilla at all :]