Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New "trick" tames

Some people may want to know, haven't seen anything about it here yet.

Straight from petopia forums...
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7036
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7058

In short;
    Mobs that retain a unique visual appearance in death can be tricked into keeping it when tamed. The trick is simply to tame them at the exact moment they die, and then cast "resurrect pet" on them to make their corpse vanish. After this is done, you can safely resurrect the pet and it will retain it's skin, as seen in these two pets (oily hawk, ghost carrion bird). It could be worth watching for pets with unique looks that don't lose them when they die (most do, unfortunately).

The ghost bird vanishes on its own and so doesn't need to be murdered, the bug lies in the fact that if a mob vanishes as you tame it, the game doesn't erase its unique skin. This person was creative enough to "force" the oily hawk to vanish.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now I'm off to tame to Lone Hunter with a sword in his head. I shall name him Fleshwound.

That is if I can get the stupid thing to die at the right time.

10+ Year Old Account
    now i have something to do. nice post.

The ghost carrion bird is a thing to be behold when you see it. For some reason, the 'almost opaque' transparency it has makes it look awesome under certain lighting.

15+ Year Old Account
    the blue mist looks rly nice, im gonna get it on my hunter <3

wow I'm going to have to try this. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, lone hunter can't be tamed to keep his sword in his head even though its still there on death.

Yeah, the Petopians have figured that out already, though they're going through and seeing if there's another way of keeping some of those changes. The trick is making the enemy disappear right as the tame ends. Some have suggested using abilities of other players to do it, but so far nothing we've tried has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Sigh, lone hunter can't be tamed to keep his sword in his head even though its still there on death.
    Are you sure you're taming cleanly? It's by no means easy to time.

Edit:
    Here;
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewto...0d393a661f7fad
    It's possible.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-12-01 at 11:18 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Some people may want to know, haven't seen anything about it here yet.

Straight from petopia forums...
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7036
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7058

In short;
    Mobs that retain a unique visual appearance in death can be tricked into keeping it when tamed. The trick is simply to tame them at the exact moment they die, and then cast "resurrect pet" on them to make their corpse vanish. After this is done, you can safely resurrect the pet and it will retain it's skin, as seen in these two pets (oily hawk, ghost carrion bird). It could be worth watching for pets with unique looks that don't lose them when they die (most do, unfortunately).

The ghost bird vanishes on its own and so doesn't need to be murdered, the bug lies in the fact that if a mob vanishes as you tame it, the game doesn't erase its unique skin. This person was creative enough to "force" the oily hawk to vanish.
    Should you really be posting this, since you're a moderator? It's not that far-fetched to see how this could be considered an exploit, and are Moderators of this site REALLY supposed to be encouraging that sort of thing?
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Should you really be posting this, since you're a moderator? It's not that far-fetched to see how this could be considered an exploit, and are Moderators of this site REALLY supposed to be encouraging that sort of thing?
    Hunters are doing this since forever and I never heard blizzard complain ;D

In fact many have rare beasts that you cannot tame anymore.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Hunters are doing this since forever and I never heard blizzard complain ;D

In fact many have rare beasts that you cannot tame anymore.
    Because they have never fixed it to where you could no longer get skins you weren't supposed to right? That's why they DIDN'T remove the ability to tame the Grimtotem Spirit Wolf, and they didn't remove the ability to tame Garwal, the Worgen in Howling Fjord, right? Then the countless others I can't remember.

Just because you want to ignore it, doesn't mean Blizzard hasn't said/done anything about it.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

Because they have never fixed it to where you could no longer get skins you weren't supposed to right? That's why they DIDN'T remove the ability to tame the Grimtotem Spirit Wolf, and they didn't remove the ability to tame Garwal, the Worgen in Howling Fjord, right? Then the countless others I can't remember.

Just because you want to ignore it, doesn't mean Blizzard hasn't said/done anything about it.
    Show me where the unfair advantage hunters get with these pets over other players is and I'll show you what happens when an elephant encounters a mirror.

Blizzard does not care, and never has cared. Sure, there have been pets that were tameable only by mistake, and they were fixed. No one has ever been punished for hitting the tame beast button.

10+ Year Old Account
    so can you give like a stupid people explanation? From what I understand, you cast tame pet right before they die?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Show me where the unfair advantage hunters get with these pets over other players is and I'll show you what happens when an elephant encounters a mirror.

Blizzard does not care, and never has cared. Sure, there have been pets that were tameable only by mistake, and they were fixed. No one has ever been punished for hitting the tame beast button.
    So it has to be an unfair advantage to be considered an exploit? You're right; Blizzard doesn't care and never has cared. Oh wait, that means you're wrong doesn't it? Especially since you said "..pets tameable by mistake, and they were fixed". If Blizzard doesn't care, why did they fix that?

So you're saying just because people haven't been punished, that means it's ok? I don't know of anyone that has been punished for throwing a dead body through a window, I guess by your logic it's ok for me to that? I'll be sure to refer any punishment I receive to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? A mod posting an exploit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    Wait what? A mod posting an exploit?
    Your avatar would've been a better comment imho ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

So it has to be an unfair advantage to be considered an exploit? You're right; Blizzard doesn't care and never has cared. Oh wait, that means you're wrong doesn't it? Especially since you said "..pets tameable by mistake, and they were fixed". If Blizzard doesn't care, why did they fix that?

So you're saying just because people haven't been punished, that means it's ok? I don't know of anyone that has been punished for throwing a dead body through a window, I guess by your logic it's ok for me to that? I'll be sure to refer any punishment I receive to you.
    This is hardly anymore of an exploit than taming the Grimtotem Spirit Guide was. Get off your high horse.

so freaking what..a moderator posted something..its a GAME its not life, maybe some of you should get some. I bet the ones that are "shocked" are the ones who call 9-1-1 when a mom slaps her kid who tried stealing a candy bar but all you saw was the slap. Mind your own buisness and get over it, if it doesnt have anything to do with you. Seriously, get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's cool. The ongoing adventures of hunters taming random things they maybe shouldn't continues. I, for one, will be attempting to get that pet with the sword in his head.

If it is a sword in it's head. So I can call it SuicideKing
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE