Upgraded to Cata...unable to catch Cata fish =(

In the last patch it was stated that only players who've upgraded to Cata will be able to catch Cata fish. I upgraded weeks ago, but I'm not able to catch the fish for some reason. Using Elixir of Water Walking and straddling Uldum/Tanaris zones, I cast into Uldum, my bobber bobs, but, alas, no fish on the line. The weird thing is that I get credit for the catch. What gives? Anyone else having a similar problem?

It's fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfixed, they don't really want you farming them yet. The few people who do are exploiting a bug or piece of laziness or forgotten mishap? Either way can't be done anymore from what I have heard and is probably worth a temp ban if you get caught doing it.

you're not supose to be able to gather cata materials until dec 7th... any way to do otherwise is an exploit

"Lemmywinks, next you must find the Catata-fish"

10+ Year Old Account
    When they said "Players can no longer catch new high-level fish when fishing near level 80-85 zones unless the account is upgraded to Cataclysm." what they meant was "You can't catch Cataclysm fish until Cataclysm is released." Although your patcher may get flagged for Cataclysm, you account does not until 12:01AM 12-7 when Blizzard flips the switch to change over to Cataclysm.

by "upgraded to cata" they mean having Cataclysm active on your account and Cataclysm being active on the servers, ie: after the release date. just like anything else that requires Cataclysm

Deleted
    When they said they 'fixed' the fishing. The only place that was actually fixed was Twilight Highlands. Uldum and Vash'jir was still a happy /cast routine. If that's fixed I don't know since I havent gone there lately. I'm not interested in a temp or full ban for some odd reason

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    you're not supose to be able to gather cata materials until dec 7th... any way to do otherwise is an exploit
    Not entirely true. You CAN buy the box of meat from the cooking daily "quartermaster", and there are some Cataclysm fish/meats in there.
    And no, that is in no way an exploit.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Not entirely true. You CAN buy the box of meat from the cooking daily "quartermaster", and there are some Cataclysm fish/meats in there.
    And no, that is in no way an exploit.
    Btw is it true that the Chef's Award only stack to 10?

Well, the tooltip says so. I've spent mine as soon as possible, so I don't know if it's in place yet
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I have actually been farming the boxes of meats, then selling them at sky high prices to people who want realm first cooking. I will continue to do so until the achievement has been got, then I'll level cooking myself