Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Nerfing dungeon quest XP is a mistake!

"In many cases we’re seeing players enter dungeons to complete quests, only to come out ahead of the leveling curve for the zones they’re in."
    Blue post - 2010/12/01 05:45:00 PM

Nerfing the XP is not the answer.... How can a zone be designed to give enough XP soley from questing, for players to move to the next zone, and still allow players to complete both dungeons and dungeon quests, and still be within the levels of the zone.... If dungeons questing xp is nerfed to the point where it does not bring players enough xp to even reigster in relation to the level of the zone, then I really don't see any point in wasting the time it takes to complete the dungeons......most dungeon quests i've done while leveling end up being completed after i've already moved on to the next zone anyways, as most dungeon quests are at the end of the quest lines for the zones...

Im actually in favour of this change, i find myself going into a dungeon and coming out to find all my quests grey and my proffesions low for my level, so i cant just transition into the next zone.

Leveling through a zone is so quick with all the updates and addons we have now i usually augment one zone with a dungeon and with this change it works brilliantly

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    Im actually in favour of this change, i find myself going into a dungeon and coming out to find all my quests grey and my proffesions low for my level, so i cant just transition into the next zone.

Leveling through a zone is so quick with all the updates and addons we have now i usually augment one zone with a dungeon and with this change it works brilliantly

This.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always saw dungeons as a place to gather gear even at lower lvls, so thats the point for me doing the dungeons.

eww people that like leveling....

Deleted
    The change is good

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I out leveled zones in just my BOAs, didn't even need a dungeon. It became nicer once I got farther along, around the mid 30s. But now Dungeon quests are worth exactly the same xp as a regular zone quest and that doesn't seem right either.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

A lot of the argument is that people wanted to finish the story arcs. I say go ahead and finish it. And for the rest, abandoning quests is easy, and finding out where you're supposed to go next is, too. Not liking this change at all.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnadas View Post
    A lot of the argument is that people wanted to finish the story arcs. I say go ahead and finish it. And for the rest, abandoning quests is easy, and finding out where you're supposed to go next is, too. Not liking this change at all.
    Agreed. I finished Westfall, Redridge, and Duskwood questlines and got the achievements. By that point, I basically was too high to do the upper part of STV. I'll just get that on another character sometime. I think if they had to nerf it, it should have been closer to 25% instead of about 50%.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

I agree with this change as well I wanted to run dungeons for some gear but ultimately couldn't because I would out level the zone I was in from one dungeon normally and would miss out on seeing on the new quests that were implemented.

Deleted
    The instance quests help ALOT in leveling,they should nerf +80 dungeon quests...

leveling through dungeons was crazy fast lately, nerfing it a bit is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously it was done so that ppl don't hole themselves up in 5 mans and running them over and over and over....
    this change won't prevent them from doing that, eh.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad for this change. I was discussing it with a friend the day before they fixed it, about how I wasn't able to both complete a zone for the levelrange I was at, and also do each dungeon once. Now I'm happy that leveling isn't as slow as it was back in 2005, but I was really leveling way too fast before this fix.

Edit: And this on a character without a single heirloom. I chose this so I could enjoy the new quests, and still I leveled too fast.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

I like it better i leveled a guy 1-60 in a week and every time i did a dungeon i totally skipped a zone so i only did 2 dungons haha
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Obviously it was done so that ppl don't hole themselves up in 5 mans and running them over and over and over....
    Some people enjoy doing that though. I personally like healing very much (every type of healer and 3 priests). But you can't really heal while doing a quest, but you could in dungeons and gain a decent amount of EXP.

I think that dungeons should level you at the same rate as a zone would (if you grind either=same result in time). But the doungon quests should give you enough to do a 1x run through with outside zone quests exactly 1 level ahead of the intended start of the next zone. So you are ahead but not by a lot.

i'm in favor they know what they're doing

Deleted
    OT: I just have to admit that the changes with putting _ALL_ instance quests in the beginning of the instance is a good choice...

OnT: Obviously you'll do instances and the quests within to get ahead of the xp of the current zone you're in, allthough you should'nt have to depend on those quests, neither using BoA-items. And atm I don't have any problems at all leveling through zones and beeing more then ready for the next zone, I'd say nerf quest-xp for the new zones and let the instances be as they are :>

they nerfed quest xp not mod xp so If you were going to run a dungeon over and over this nerf would only effect your first run through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levelling is still insanely fast, with or without BoAs. Blizz is doing this for the good of the game, especially for newer players who may be making their way through Azeroth for only the first or second time. The XP gain was out of control.
    "Brevity is...wit"

OP, please uninstall wow.