Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I just cleared Ulduar the first time and I had the feeling that it must have been awesome exoloring it with 24 mates, when nobody knew what they were heading for in these days :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Seriously?

Seriously?

Ok maybe if you're compairing it to say, Sunwell Plateau, it might lag a 'lil behind, but compared to the rest of the crap that Blizz shovelled us (Naxx2.0, Ony2.0, ToC, EoE), Ulduar is the Oasis of Raiding Paradise in a Desert of Boring raids.
    How was EoE boring?

I thought it was a great fight, and while the vehicle mechanics are annoying, it was their first attempt at it.
    I AM FORSAKEN

Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "WOW THIS IS SO GAY!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Ulduar sucked, because it was a major step up in difficulty compared to Naxxramas. Most people couldn't adapt and never bothered to go through the entire thing. Far too many optional bosses and the end-boss mechanic was simply too complicated to understand.

Now, just for the record, I'm only pointing this out because you aren't interested in why I love the place. But for those that are interested, the above reasons is why I love it.
    That's not an argument that Ulduar sucks, that's an argument that Naxxramas was too easy. I agree fully that the difficulty curve of WotLK was poorly designed, considering, in terms of easiness, Sartharion -> Onyxia -> Naxx -> ToC -> Malygos -> ICC -> Ulduar.

The first week of Ulduar was godly. Then the bads got their nerfs and it was all downhill for the rest of the expansion.

Successful troll is successful? Ulduar was (by far) the highlight of this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrispy View Post
    How was EoE boring?

I thought it was a great fight, and while the vehicle mechanics are annoying, it was their first attempt at it.
    I hate one-boss instances. I can barely stand VoA and it's loot-pony bosses. Once you down Ony or EoE or Sarth the first few times its just banging you head on a keyboard for moar lewts.

The vehicle mechanic was 'ok'....I prefer the mechanics in, gasp, The Oculus more than EoE.

Edit: Hali is the best single-boss instance ever made, hands down, and the only one I 'enjoy.' Although the HM isnt as engaging as Sarth's was, Halion was a much more challenging fight that was very fun to progress through.
    Last edited by willowe; 2010-12-01 at 11:11 PM.

I hate ulduar because fights make me think and react. And i love to sit confortably in my chair spam my rotation over and over and grab some epics.

Quote Originally Posted by karate99 View Post
    I see all people saying Ulduar was so awesome and such, now i wanna know how many people thinks its bad!

I personally didnt play when Ulduar was released and i've only done the first wing but for me, it looks pretty boring.

I wanna know if you hate Ulduar and why. I'm not interested if you like Ulduar, i just wanna know why people think its bad.

I AM NOT SAYING ULDUAR IS BAD IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!
    It's because you've never slayed an Old God via your computer. Wish you were around when Cthun was still new and you'd know what im talking about. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    It got way too much trash. I think that's what brought it down. I feel tired before even comming to flame leviathan. There isn't much easy trash, or little hard trash, but rather much hard trash, which makes it so annoying. The bosses themself feels pretty entertaining and hard as they should be.

THOUGH! Ulduar is the most beautiful instance from WotLK, and the gear and items that dropped are also the most beautiful from WotLK. Algalons model still turns me on.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Deleted
    I hate Ulduar because a guildmate of mine screwed up at the last possible run for "Conquerer of Ulduar" at Mimiron (the only encounter i was missing for the achievement)

Other than that: I loved Ulduar

And god damn it. FUUUUUCK. NEVER WILL I BE ABLE TO USE THIS AWESOME TITLE...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Can't really judge an entire raid based on the first four bosses.
    I've also seen Tankspot's guide to all the bosses, you never know.

Whats not to love about ulduar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    That's not an argument that Ulduar sucks, that's an argument that Naxxramas was too easy. I agree fully that the difficulty curve of WotLK was poorly designed, considering, in terms of easiness, Sartharion -> Onyxia -> Naxx -> ToC -> Malygos -> ICC -> Ulduar.
    Satharion 3 drakes wasnt really easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awake283 View Post
    Successful troll is successful? Ulduar was (by far) the highlight of this xpac.
    Ofcourse it was. It's really easy to see that they put down the most work on it. But I REALLY think Lich King is the funniest fight during this expansion. I just love him <3
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Tahmu View Post
    I hate ulduar because my guild wiped 100+ times on pre-nerfed mimiron, nuff said?

That's a lie. If you're good enough to be there before it was nerfed, you care about progression and don't mind wiping. Otherwise why are you doing hard content?

Most people that don't like Ulduar are the ones who couldn't (and probably still can't) deal with mechanics that will one shot you if you don't pay attention & react. Nowadays, most people getting one-shotted are due to being stupid and pulling threat, or retarded RNG kills like an Enraged Shambler on H LK killing the tank during the travel time of tranq shot. GG

Quote Originally Posted by lockne View Post
    Ulduar. Is. The. Best. Raid. Blizzard. Has. Created.
    Same.

There are some great raids out there, for one i loved bwl and kara but Ulduar as it stands will be in my heart forever ... First time i walked in there i could only think "omg omg omg omg", no other raid give that to me in 6 years of playin :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    It got way too much trash. I think that's what brought it down. I feel tired before even comming to flame leviathan. There isn't much easy trash, or little hard trash, but rather much hard trash, which makes it so annoying. The bosses themself feels pretty entertaining and hard as they should be.

THOUGH! Ulduar is the most beautiful instance from WotLK, and the gear and items that dropped are also the most beautiful from WotLK. Algalons model still turns me on.
    Lol too much trash. You should have seen it before the trash nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicene View Post
    Lol too much trash. You should have seen it before the trash nerfs.
    People facepulling that first pull in Conservatory before they took it out FTW