Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats with all the FP???

Just gotta vent this out. Whats with all the damn FP's now??? Think its kinda overboard. I mean why pay for flying in the new world when theres a flight path everywhere you look (avg. 4 per zone) Is it just me or is this a little much?

It's for in case you want to get to Goldshire inn to the Goldshire Blacksmith quickly. Convenience of course.

Quote Originally Posted by rolecks View Post
    I think I should be able to fly anywhere I want. I mean ffs I'm riding around on the skeleton of a giant fire-breathing dragon and I'm wielding a legendary weapon that destroyed the Lich King, but if I want to take a trip to Thunder Bluff I gotta wait for the public bus while some level 5 /pokes the shit outta me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Elwynn Forest flight paths are a godsend, when you're a lowbie that zone is painfully long to cross from Westfall to Redridge

Addition: Duskwood......
    Last edited by Alraml; 2010-12-01 at 11:11 PM.

I am quite sure low level characters appreciate the increased amount of FP.

(Bad memories of Stonetelon Mountains)

Yeah bro, its for the low levels, they Can't fly in Azeroth
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Well, they took away our capital city portals...i guess this is one way to help out with convenience?

I can understand the "Convenience" thing for low lvls but when you get to the zones (lvl 20+) where you should have a ground mount, just kinda over kill if you ask me

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... It sure helps a lot with leveling, that's for sure. I've tried a couple of new toons after the Shattering and it's good for easing up the flow, I suppose..

And, well.. Noone's forcing you to talk to all the Flight Masters and discover those destinations, if you don't want to. And it's not like it costs you anything to discover them. So don't see what all the venting is about. *Shrug*
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

Honestly, it's for the lowbies who DON'T have flight or even a mount yet. I remember making those terrible treks years ago. *shudder* I'm glad they put them in it helps a lot, some are a little excessive though. They pretty much put a flight path at every quest hub. I am sad that my flight map is so cluttered that I can't see anything since I don't have the new FP's memorized yet.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

It's awesome for leveling.

I don't know but here is an idea all the FP's are not for lvl 85's. There is a thing called leveling that is done before you get the ability to fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retovia View Post
    (Bad memories of Stonetelon Mountains)
    Oh jeez. I have nightmares of quest givers in Stonetalon saying "now, I just need you to run over here...."

Deleted
    Wait so... they put MORE flightpaths in and people are moaning about it?
    Lord o' Mighty.

Convenience of course.
    Finally, blizz understands the importance of this. Now they need to greatly broaden it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barlaamthrall View Post
    I can understand the "Convenience" thing for low lvls but when you get to the zones (lvl 20+) where you should have a ground mount, just kinda over kill if you ask me
    Flight paths are still a lot faster than ground mounts, though.

Anyone got a screenshot of eastern kingdoms/Kalimdor with all flightpaths?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Oh jeez. I have nightmares of quest givers in Stonetalon saying "now, I just need you to run over here...."
    Can't be as bad as running all the way to Raven Hill to talk to Abercrombie just for him to turn around and go

"Get some ghost hair, yeah from that ghost on the opposite side of the zone where you just came from"

Quote Originally Posted by Walice View Post
    Wait so... they put MORE flightpaths in and people are moaning about it?
    Lord o' Mighty.
    As people always say, doesn't matter what it is, people need to complain about it. Like Lil Raggy having his passive ability to be used as a cooking fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like all the new FP and when i reach a quest hub without a FP (Vendetta Point for instance) i get sad D:
    Its trivial and its cheap and when i fly i tend to minimize WoW and head over here or Youtube :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Can't be as bad as running all the way to Raven Hill to talk to Abercrombie just for him to turn around and go

"Get some ghost hair, yeah from that ghost on the opposite side of the zone where you just came from"
    Having done both...yes, Stonetalon is worse. At least Duskwood has enough quests that you can usually get a few of them done at a time during all that running back and forth.