Thread: Heirlooms

Question Heirlooms

So I think i read something about heirlooms in cata but i dont remember it and can't find it.

Simple question:

Will you be abble to use WTLK heirlooms u alreaddy have to lvl trough 1-80 content in cataclysm??
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.
    That is the true story of universe

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

And the new heirlooms (back and head) will go from 1 till 85.

Deleted
    Yes just the Wotlk ones will not progress pass 80

Deleted
    yea, but not any further than 80. u will need cata heirlooms for that

What? I thought the Q and A at Best Buy's site, they said ALL heirlooms will stop at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnZero View Post
    yea, but not any further than 80. u will need cata heirlooms for that
    This. And despite what was working on Beta - the current heirlooms no longer provide any XP bonus upon reaching level 80. You can still wear them of course but they will no longer scale and you will lose the XP bonus.

---------- Post added 2010-12-01 at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    What? I thought the Q and A at Best Buy's site, they said ALL heirlooms will stop at 80.
    All current ones. There are new ones for 1-85 once you reach guild level 10 and 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Personally I think they should just have a consumable item that has the same requirements/cost as the new BoA gear. When it is applied to the old BoA gear it allows it to scale up to 85. That way it can still be used from 80-85 but not on a first toon like it is designed. Heck it could even lower the exp bonus to 5% once you hit 80.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today

All currently available heirlooms stop 80.

The new heirlooms which you gain via guild rewards can be used 80+.

They didn't really make it clear.

"Q: Will the heirloom items scale to 85?
    A: The current plan is to have heirloom items stop at level 80 at the moment. "

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-with-BestBuy
    Last edited by Goulashia; 2010-12-02 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks for the fast answer guys and the non calling me ''noob wtf u dont read the news or search well leave wow'' kind of things =P
    My Armory

In the begginning there was nothing... Then Chuck Norris Roundhouse kicked that nothing in the face and said: ''Get a job''.
    That is the true story of universe

Deleted
    Anyone knows that If trinkets and Weapons will be scale through 80-85?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bear in mind that the reason the heirlooms were created in the first place was so that your 2nd and onwards characters can burn through the content that you've already done once. They don't want you to blast through the first time paying no attention to the story, just clicking Accept and looking for the ? on the map, then checking what to do when you get there if it isn't kill stuff or harvest twinkly stuff.

Guess no one is going to give me solid proof that new heirlooms will go to 85 after my link.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eXsarus View Post
    Anyone knows that If trinkets and Weapons will be scale through 80-85?
    All current heirlooms will stop scaling at 80.

Guess no one is going to give me solid proof that new heirlooms will go to 85 after my link.
    The Head/Back slots worked fine for 80+ in the beta.
    Last edited by Aktavite; 2010-12-02 at 12:08 AM. Reason: clarification.

It has already been stated by Blizz that the new heirlooms (you know, the ones you have to be 85 to buy) DO go up to lvl 85, its just that the wrath heirlooms only go up to 80