Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you happen to be horde, I would strongly recomend you get the faded wizard hat from aszhara.
    It have a 30 min duration, and cooldown. Dont need to have it equipped for keeping the effect either.

And it can make you into, bloodelf, undead, goblin, orc, human, night elf, troll. Both female and male for some of them as I've seen.
    Basicly any of xylems aprentice's you can turn into as far as I know.

If you are alliance, well. That sux, and RNG is a bitch!

I've never seen it drop =[ bad luck is bad luck =[

Any boss inside MGT has a chance to drop it. Seen several while farming for the mount.

If i am a male Blood elf and i use Orb of the Sindorei, does that turn me hetrosexual?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    a girl can dream, can't he?

lol got two my first try,no mount though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    DK's have the most luck with low drop counts. Farmed barons mount on my warr all of WOTLK, did it once on my DK and got it. same with the Hyacinth Macaw twice. makes me sad really.

RNG. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I'm sure you've seen even more rare things drop in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Ah, the Orb.

Long ago, I received not one, not two, but three orbs in a row on successive Heroic solo clears.

I was playing a Blood Elf.
    The RNG Gods like toying with people. I bet none of your other characters will ever see an orb from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not about the orb, but I got the mount the first time I ever ran that dungeon on wotlk with a friend. xD

i just got the mount yesterday the orb 2 weeks or so back

Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Jerry View Post
    DK's have the most luck with low drop counts. Farmed barons mount on my warr all of WOTLK, did it once on my DK and got it. same with the Hyacinth Macaw twice. makes me sad really.
    Yeah, dk's do seem to have better luck with things.

ALSO

LOL your avatar is hilarious. Im guessing thats swifty and I dont thik Ive laughed that hard in a long time..Well played sir well played.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

The op mentioned killing KT x times because that's the only thing tracked by statistics.

I ran it on Heroic once on my DK, mount.
    I ran it on Heroic twice on my Shaman, mount.
    I ran it on normal 19 times to get pet, on Shaman.

I've done it on my main about the same amount o' times it takes someone 6months doing it every day (but on a longer period with several days I was lazy and skipped).
    I've done it 120+ times each on my lock, pal, druid, rogue, hunter. One pet total, no mount.

No Orbs on any character, not even at 70 when I ran it daily on Rogue.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    Confirmation that it drops from Kael, himself. Just got my first one yesterday.... had completely forgotten it even dropped there.
    Oh well, still no mount nor pet for me... so don't be too jealous.
    Out of all the times I've run it, I've gotten the orb once, and the pet drops 80% of the time for me it seems. No mount though

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    You need to sacrifice moar gnomes to the RNG gods imo.
    Yes, as we know that gnomes are worth 10 humans at the very least & 1 human is worth at least 48 night elves & 1 night elf is worth about 987 blood elf females (or the slightly larger blood elf females you refer to as "blood elf males").

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and my housemate got 2 drops in 1 run. Needless to say, we were pleasently surprised that 2 of them dropped.

Tell you what, i'll trade you mine for one of the mounts so i can give it to my housemate, and that way i never have to set foot in that damn place ever again >_<

Winter...The realm of eternal ice

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the pet on my second run, Orb on my 20th, mount on my 68th run. Still farming the elusive raven lord mount ( going on 100 runs)

Trading RNG horror-stories / lucky breaks should be taken with a grain of salt on a venue with as a large a userbase as this site. You are almost guaranteed to find numerous testimonials of having experienced some extreme statistical outliers. Regardless of anybody's personal experiences, for a given event of probability P, the probability of it happening at least once in n independent trials is always 1 - (1 - P)^n.

My first H: MGT solo gave me the mount, which was the sole reason why I went. The next day one of my friends wanted me to carry them through for a shot at the mount, so I did. This run got both of us an orb and the pet.

I read this thread and thought, I'll give it a shot as I don't have it on my main character. First boss, cheers easy!

I believe you need to wish for the orb.

Do you wish you had an orb?

Do you really wish it?

Then next time, before you pull each boss, play this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUaKxFjlOpw

It's the best way to make all of your wishes come true. If you kill the bosses too fast, find a way to keep the song looping in the background, and just play it at full volume for the entire run.

Eventually your wishes will come true.

I only need three more orbs, and all of my orb wishes will have come true.

ALWAYS, I WANT TO BE WITH YOU, AND MAKE BELIEVE WITH YOU, AND LIVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY OH LOVE~