Hunter PvP at lvl 85 (And other classes)

Hey guys, I have a question for Hunter pvp at lvl 85. Is it true what I have been told? That hunters don't do enough damage, they can never finish off an opponent thanks to lame focus regen, they can't kill healers, they don't have enough defense capabilities, they don't have on-demand burst, they don't do well against most classes, melee crushes them?

I want to know because I'm planning on creating an undead hunter and level it. I love the hunter class, mostly because of the free-choice of pets and the fact that they use ranged weapons.
    If those things I heard are true, I was thinking of creating a troll druid (this is my MAIN option if hunter doesn't work). If that doesn't go well I would fall back on to mages (this is purely based on my taste, not because of PvP reasons. I know mages have extremely high damage output right now and great defense capabilities).
    But how are druids at PvP at lvl 85? I want to know mostly for balance because that is what I want to do.
    Also, how are priests doing? (shadow)

I'm not looking for healing btw.
    THANKS

I dont have any 85 exp, and I feel pretty sure that people tested 85 will see changes at live, or if not pretty soon after. That being said only issues I am having is resist traps bs, and trap launcher dont feel that smooth, but nothing two tapping a macro dont fix kinda.
    As far as pvp Iam having a blast right now, survival spec w/monkey pet and i can lock down some heals while a grp finish them off, and I eat casters to the point makes melee want to hug me.
    Energy, I luv it.
    Nether rays= mage killers
    Only advice I can say play whats fun, and BG/pvp is about cc/silences team work, not recount dmg.
    Sorry for spell/grammar
    Last edited by darktower; 2010-12-02 at 01:35 AM. Reason: energy/focus =P

Quote Originally Posted by darktower View Post
    As far as pvp Iam having a blast right now, survival spec w/monkey pet and i can lock down some heals while a grp finish them off, and I eat casters to the point makes melee want to hug me.
    That's lvl 80 pvp?

dur hur hur hur

Quote Originally Posted by Inspirit View Post
    dur hur hur hur
    What?

Deleted
    Well, since Blizz have told hunters to say "bye-bye" to -50% heal and to Viper, well, Hunters are problematic now... I played for BM/MM hunter for 4 years now, and all I can say that during the Cata, I can't tell myself that I'm playing a hunter... It feels more like a some sort of really bad rogue. who is always low on energy, but hunters are really even worse... The Focus regeneration is veryyyyy slow, and for me, the Cata became really uncomfortable... Thus.. It took only about 20-25 sec. to finish off any kind of prists as a MM hunter during the WotLK... And now look at me. One Chimera Shot, Scatter Shot, One trap, and I'm down to 0 Focus remaining... Perhaps, I still just simply lack of the Cata skill, but that's my opinon for hunters... Very very weak class.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julik View Post
    Thus.. It took only about 20-25 sec. to finish off any kind of prists as a MM hunter during the WotLK... And now look at me. One Chimera Shot, Scatter Shot, One trap, and I'm down to 0 Focus remaining... .
    Not only that but you are A) dead. B) gunan die from dots within 6 globals.

---------- Post added 2010-12-26 at 12:39 AM ----------

Honestly i wasnt ever top of line and i was never bottom of the barrel. And I can't kite any melee currently. Traps, wingclip, feign death, deterrence, disengage, concussive shot, scatter shot in no particular order (as pvp isnt scripted) and still they are always right on me. and god forbid i run out of focus and have to use aspect of the fox and run in a predictable circle while trying to cast something that turns my character with seemingly no way around it.

Don't even get me started on casters. they dont even need to use damaging abilities. just dot me and either heal themselves or focus on something else.
    Last edited by Krunsh; 2010-12-26 at 05:40 AM.

I mainly just go Aspect of the Fox, jump around in circles and kite melee. MM spec does a lot of work for you if you spec into the daze talent.
    A big problem is shadow priests, ranged disarm is painful... especially in World Pvp...

Hunters at 85 are at the least balanced, and atm are slightly overpowered. The class is as it always has been, the people who are very good at them play them well, those who don't pvp, will fail miserably in an arena setting.

They do more then enough dmg..

Deleted
    So lets see... Personally i love playing a hunter i always have and always will, however atm it feels thar we are gimped in PvP, especially since they removed the awesome effects of The Beast Within.
    ATM i am playing survival hunter in PvP since that gives you somewhat more survivability and controll (Wyvern Sting etc) i am finding it very satisfactory in open places such as world PvP and open places in BGs i.e. mid wsg etc. However as soon as we run out of space to kite we get fucked up by every melee, which we even get in pretty open spaces gets aswell due to every melee having stuns,slows etc.
    Another annoying part is that you dont have a chance vs any dotting or healing classes in a place with obstacles such as arenas like nagrand or dalaran sewers, was 2v1 vs a rdrood in dalaran sewers and coudldnt kill him due to the LoSing and therefore inability to gain focus and ofc that we didnt have any stuns whatsoever.

I however think that its definately worth rolling a hunter since it is a very funny and challenging class but atm we feel somewhat underpowered in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put: If you want to have fun in PvE roll a Hunter.
    If you want to have fun in PvP, roll any other class.

I did arena yesterday and only met 2 hunters out of 100 matches....